unable to name pet?

Lathyriia - Heavens Tear
Lathyriia - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
Ok, so I have a collar and a pet. I go to the pet trainer, click on rename pet, move the pet icon into the little box and nothing... No place to type in the new name, only the cancel button is avaliable to click. Is there something else I need to do?
Post edited by Lathyriia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PahThePKK - Lost City
    PahThePKK - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ok, so I have a collar and a pet. I go to the pet trainer, click on rename pet, move the pet icon into the little box and nothing... No place to type in the new name, only the cancel button is avaliable to click. Is there something else I need to do?

hey im not sure i didnt try it yet.. but a venon told me today that she tried it too and cannot do it.. in LC server.. so maybe a bug?
  • ecnerwalwerdna
    ecnerwalwerdna Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm in LC server, and I just renamed my pets without any promblem...
  • ecnerwalwerdna
    ecnerwalwerdna Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sorry for the double post. I tried re-naming the same pet again, and i got a message saing: Invalid Service Request.

I tried naming a few others, and got the same message. I have the coller, thats not the problem. Any idea why it won't let me?
  • crimsonschaos
    crimsonschaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Im not sure but Im having the same trouble
    Ive renamed pets before too so Im not understanding why. Possibly a bug. Is there somewhere else to name pets other than the zoologist in archo?
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Im not sure but Im having the same trouble
    Ive renamed pets before too so Im not understanding why. Possibly a bug. Is there somewhere else to name pets other than the zoologist in archo?

You can rename them at Pet Trainers as well. Though the 8 character limit for names has been fixed. Was your pet stowed away before you tried naming it?
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this happened to my husbands veno, try doing it in lost city. It worked for him there..guess it has to be in your home town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Sheraine - Sanctuary
    Sheraine - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this happened to my husbands veno, try doing it in lost city. It worked for him there..guess it has to be in your home town.

I just re-named a pet last night in Arch at Zoologist with no problem. Make sure the collar is in your inventory and that your pets are all stowed away first and that you are only using 5characters now not 8.
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I just re-named a pet last night in Arch at Zoologist with no problem. Make sure the collar is in your inventory and that your pets are all stowed away first and that you are only using 5characters now not 8.

They fixed the character limit description in patch 77: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/patchsubpage/patch-notes--version-77-1481
  • FeistySiryn - Lost City
    FeistySiryn - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I went to Mrs. Zoologist and tried to rename my pet but couldn't. x_X feh...here's my issue. The call/stow screen comes up OVER the renaming box and I'm unable to move it. The box on top is too big to just move aside and if I close it, the entire 'rename pet' option closes with it. Man, does it suck....Any suggestions, comments?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Your pet needs to be level 30 and have full loyalty for you to be able to name it.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Lacrimosa - Harshlands
    Lacrimosa - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your pet needs to be level 30 and have full loyalty for you to be able to name it.

To rename your pet, you don't need either of those requirements. O.o

I once spoke to someone having the same problem, it was because of their screensize. afaik, there aren't anyway to resize ingame windows.