Pet Leveling Stopped?

Joccey - Sanctuary
Joccey - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
I have a crystalline magmite and I am level 34 venomancer, my pet is lvl 33 and has all it's exp, yet he won't level, tried a lot of things, anyone know whats going on and how to fix this?

Joccey!

{EDIT: ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED ONCE MY MAGMITE AND I TOOK ON HAGGIST GEEZLOT... THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED!}
Post edited by Joccey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ecnerwalwerdna
    ecnerwalwerdna Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I had the same problem. You need to have it fight something as strong as it is, so it get the exp. you may just be fighting monsters that are to weak.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    try using the living snowmen to level him up on, they are orange nameds, and so far I have seen only maximum gains for my pets.

'cept there was a day I was bugged, and I believe I was 34 or 36, but they leveled (all 3 pets), but I couldn't get them to gain anymore points thereafter.
    I /bugged it, and used the forum's method of reporting and all seems ok since then.
    So there actually could be a strange bug around that level for pets.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Joccey - Sanctuary
    Joccey - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I been fighting monsters at and above his level, doesn't seem to help. I'll try living snowmen but they are a one hit kill for him... or at least out of and in City Of The Lost they are to him. Thanks everyone, for your reply's hopefully he levels up to me soon :)

Joccey!

EDIT:
    Went to finish a quest, Haggist Queezlot (spelling issue) anyway he is level 35, so me and my pet attacked him and after Haggist fell down, my pet leveled, issue is solved... Though I don't know what it was and why, thanks to everyone who suggested things.
  • RoxyFox - Sanctuary
    RoxyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Don't forget to keep your pet at full loyalty. They hit harder. a little faster, and have overall better attack. It's a great advantage. 999 is the full loyalty. Keep it there. It's great.