Question about rare Bear pet

ecnerwalwerdna
ecnerwalwerdna Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
I am a level 30 Venomancer, and I have seen pictures of a rare pet called Dodo Bear. I read you could find them at either 188,766 or 200,452. I was hoping someone could confirm this for me, and also let me know what time the bear spawns. (I live on the west coast, USA)

I'm also a little unsure as to how it evolves into a Great Dodo Bear, and if I can use a Pet Collar on it to rename it.

Any help would be amazing, thanks!
Post edited by ecnerwalwerdna on

Comments

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Dodo bear is the name on the other servers. On the international version it's shadou cub. Yes you can rename it with a collar. The little one does not grow into the bigger one. The bigger version is a different spawn entirely.

It spawns 12 hours after the last one was killed/tamed. The only definite spawn time is 5 hours after a server reboot for maintenance - typically Tuesday morning around 6am Pacific. I've seen it as early as 4:50am, and as late as 8-9am (when they had to take the servers down again for an emergency patch).
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The Great Dodo and Shadou Cub are actually different pets. The Great Dodo starts at level 80 and spawns around Fragrant Hills. (You can rename any pet with the use of a collar.)

The cub spawning spots are usually camped out. And the spawning times will vary from the last time one was captured or killed. Or 5 hours after server maintenance.

*posted slow ;x*