does a PvE server ever PvP

howdositfeel
howdositfeel Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Etherblade (West)
i'm new to the game and have 1 question. Does this server PvP? reason i ask is cause i play WoW <world of warcraft> and i'm in a PvP where we do both .. just a queston
[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC] b:bye
Post edited by howdositfeel on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sure. PK mode can be turned on if you're 30+, then you can attack other players in PK mode, but also be attacked by them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    NO! 90% of people on this server are carebears (always in non-pvp mode)

and 90% of the ones that are in pvp just CONVERT back to non-pvp when u chase/attack them

so DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT choose pve server, unless u like being a carebear b:victory
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Dalliah - Heavens Tear
    Dalliah - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's alot different then WoW.

Most of the people who do activate PvP are mostly people from the big shot guilds, like RoC, Radiance and all those other guilds.

Plus unlike WoW, when you PVP, you either die or your opponent dies then you or him get Honor.

But on here, You click that PK mode button, you stay PKable for 10 hours. And if you die to a player, you end up dropping an item, which would really suck if you dropped something you really needed.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Let me rephrase what serjah tried to say.

90% of people on PVE servers joined it because they want to play in peace with their friends (or alone) without being molested every 5 minutes by some bored person who is dozens of levels higher than you and is too lazy to level up/hunt his own gears because it takes ages, so the said person will prove his "worth" by killing people way weaker than them.

The PVP button is there for whoever gets bored of PVE and wants to create some drama on worldchat when they lose their items/gears by being killed by someone 30 lvs higher in 1-2 hits. (Guardian Angels counter the item loss)
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009

90% of people on PVE servers joined it because they want to play in peace with their friends (or alone) without being molested every 5 minutes by some bored person who is dozens of levels higher than you and is too lazy to level up/hunt his own gears because it takes ages, so the said person will prove his "worth" by killing people way weaker than them.

The PVP button is there for whoever gets bored of PVE and wants to create some drama on worldchat when they lose their items/gears by being killed by someone 30 lvs higher in 1-2 hits. (Guardian Angels counter the item loss)

ERGO, my reply "NO , The PVE SERVER DOES NOT PVP AT ALL"
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Rophe - Heavens Tear
    Rophe - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009

lol. qft...
  • Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Huh, really, i am 69, and until i joined a land holder guild (13 territories) i never got pked in swamp or anywhere ells. 68 levels(-30) I liberally got pked no more than 5 times. the last 2 levels i been chased around and pked around swamp quite alot more, but point is unless you are in a guild that makes trouble you will be alright.

P.S. i am red and i have 25 dolls on me so i don't lose any gear, and until now i have all of it.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wyrde
    wyrde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the PvE server just kinda sits there in the datacenter doing not much of anything. Unless you consider collecting dust and sucking down electricity to be activity.

But I just bet the PvP server is just waiting for the chance the fall over on top of it and bang it up real good, maybe grabbing a new hard disk out of the deal.

:D

-w
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hmm..u looks like just a kid by judging from ur siggy...so better not try hard core LC. enjoy ur time in PvE serverb:bye
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Huh, really, i am 69, and until i joined a land holder guild (13 territories) i never got pked in swamp or anywhere ells. 68 levels(-30) I liberally got pked no more than 5 times. the last 2 levels i been chased around and pked around swamp quite alot more, but point is unless you are in a guild that makes trouble you will be alright.

P.S. i am red and i have 25 dolls on me so i don't lose any gear, and until now i have all of it.

I told you if you joined RQ I would have to kill you on sight b:surrender

EDIT: Find out who that No0b guy is and call him, he appears to be a skilled Phoenix Slayer.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror