noob findings of my pet

lhrag
lhrag Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
being a totally new player, I was quite excited about getting my golem today since its quite famous for being a pet tank. after I got it (after accidentally killing them 3 times while trying to tame them...) and looked at the stats I felt like there is little difference between my wolfling and the golem, the wolfling actually has higher magic defence. Is this just me being insensitive with the differences or will these differences increase as they level up?

my.php?image=pwpetsa4.jpg

btw is it possible to ditch my pet if I don't want it anymore and to make room for other ones I prefer?
Post edited by lhrag on

Comments

• Vaporeon - Lost City
    Vaporeon - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What level is your wolfling, and what level is the golem?

You'll find that the pets in Perfect World work on a "Pokemon" system. Basically, your level 18 wolfling which you raised from say, level one, will be stronger than your newly-caught level 18 Golem. It's all about how many levels you've actually trained it.

Therefore, it'd be worth it to keep the Golem and keep levelling it, as it will surely surpass the Wolfling, as it has better base stats as a tank.
  • lhrag
    lhrag Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    thx for the reply, i get it now :)
    btw my pet stats are in link in my post
  • BumbleBladda - Heavens Tear
    BumbleBladda - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lhrag wrote: »

btw is it possible to ditch my pet if I don't want it anymore and to make room for other ones I prefer?

Yes all you have to do is go to pet trainer and click "revert pet to egg"
  • Naeva - Sanctuary
    Naeva - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lhrag wrote: »

Yes If you don't want one of your pets anymore you can go to a pet maneger (can't spell it) or a pet skill trainer and there you can chose to "revert pet" (or something like that, I am not so good at the english names) This will make your pet turn into a egg again and you can sell it or wathever you want to do with it.
  • AppleBunny - Sanctuary
    AppleBunny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Golem's aren't supposed to have outstanding magic defense. They can take a couple hits but thats about it.

Golems are known for their outstanding -physical- defense.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What level is your wolfling, and what level is the golem?

You'll find that the pets in Perfect World work on a "Pokemon" system. Basically, your level 18 wolfling which you raised from say, level one, will be stronger than your newly-caught level 18 Golem. It's all about how many levels you've actually trained it.

Therefore, it'd be worth it to keep the Golem and keep levelling it, as it will surely surpass the Wolfling, as it has better base stats as a tank.
    Well, in pokemon the difference is due to the trained pet having EV's, whilst the newly caught one has none. You can still train the pet caught at a higher level up to have the same stats while in perfect world you can't.

Yes, I may have played a bit too much pokemon, quiet you.