Shops, NPC's and You

Options
Saitada - Sanctuary
Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
So here you are in town, and you are looking for that NPC you need to complete your quest with (who for some reason does NOT have a quest completion location guide attached to it [little yellow arrow]). You run around town trying to find him but can't. Seems you can't see the little yellow flag over any NPC's head and WHY is this??? Because some lame little inconsiderate idiot has decided to plant his kitty shop on top of the NPC.

Stop doing it. You are not cute, it's NOT "location, location, location" and it's hindering other players from completing their game play in a normal manner. Just like the idiots who just MUST come up to an NPC (like the banker) on their mounts, in many cases making it nearly impossible to see the npc, let alone shift click past them TO the NPC.

Get off your mounts and have some consideration for others.

Don't put stores on top of NPC's heads, be more considerate.

You are not cute. It's only pissing people off, and I for one flat refuse to buy ANYTHING from you regardless of your prices. If you get a one word message from me in your little kitty store.. don't worry, it won't be hard for you to understand.. the word is "Idiot" and it means I think your intellectual level is below that of the local cockroaches here in Hawaii.

You are very lucky I am not a GM. I'd be giving little kitty store owners who like planting their shops on top of NPC's nice little 3 day account bans for the first offense, and 7 days for the second, with permanent bans for the third.

If your going to be an inconsiderate ****, don't expect my business.

Saitada

b:angry on.
Post edited by Saitada - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Press shift while clicking on the npc you want to talk with.

That will ignore the players near by.

btw one of the starting tutorials says this. So you could look it up by pressing L I think.
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

I am not new to the servers (54 wiz, 45 cleric and 16 veno) and I know of the shift click method but there are many times it is so thick that you can not see anything in the area to shift click, esp west arch.. There are times I would stand in a general area and hold the shift and move mouse around to try to find where Im supposed to click. I have to agree with the others that complain, STOP the mobbing of the NPC's..

Perfect example:.. Just started my Veno yesterday, first time doing a untaimed, my quest stated I had to talk to the merchant. I literally had to put in the cords, stand in the area and hold shift to find the NPC. I found it in a mob of people including 5 that were on their flying mounts, and when I went back to the same merchant 3 hours later they were all still there.. That is down right rude and impolite..
    Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
  • Mainachan - Sanctuary
    Mainachan - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

btw one of the starting tutorials says this. So you could look it up by pressing L I think.

Pretty much said what I wanted, plus I will never buy from such stores, but who cares? gold bars for 50K probably sells when you leave moms computer on all night.

maina
    "The present moment is a powerful goddess" -Goethe
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I can honestly say I've never had any sort of trouble of the sort, even trying to click on Hou Jensi or the banker in West ADC.
    And even less noticing a quest NPC with a person on top of them. Have you noticed how you get a great big yellow arrow pointing to them? And their coords? And they turn purple on the minimap?

Sure, it might be easier if people weren't so crowded around in popular areas, but they have as much a right to talk to the NPC as you. It's a pity you get upset at others being around, but one would have thought that online you could be free of your antisocial behaviour and pretend to be a normal human being.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    THe cursor changes shape when you are over an npc, so even if there is 50 billion players/shops/pets/mounts in front of the npc u just hold shift and move the move slowly from left to right until you notice the shape change.

No one ever walks around blindly looking for a yewllow flag in town, you look at the purple dots on the radar.

Sure we'd all love to see a GM say "no shops near npc's" but I doubt they will and shift does work perfectly fine. Swamped npc's are here to stay unfortunately.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    No one ever walks around blindly looking for a yewllow flag in town, you look at the purple dots on the radar.
    This.

Also, is using the coordinates assistant so hard? If you're in the west district and you're looking for the tailor, well... I mean, even if you don't know the entire west district like the back of your hand by now, the coords assistant will fix that.

EDIT: I don't particularly like the shops on NPCs heads either (seems a bit egotistical to me), but it doesn't impact my gameplay experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Maybe you brilliant individuals should learn to READ before you open your flaps...
    your looking for that NPC you need to complete your quest with (who for some reason does NOT have a quest completion location guide attached to it [little yellow arrow]).

And as for you wonderfully brilliant readers that missed it...
    Just like the idiots who just MUST come up to an NPC (like the banker) on their mounts, in many cases making it nearly impossible to see the npc, let alone shift click past them TO the NPC.
    No one ever walks around blindly looking for a yellow flag in town, you look at the purple dots on the radar.
    (mini map huh?)

Mines ALWAYS closed.

Now then mr. Coordinate assistant... read the first part of this post again... that NPC that does NOT I repeat does NOT have coordinates, nor is in the assistant. And yes there ARE some.

The cursor can't change shape if the NPC is buried in some asshats Kirin so you can't target him, and even worse when there are several mounts (had it happen, THREE Kirins all standing on TOP of the auctioneer).

So learn to read.

Saitada
  • Some_guy - Heavens Tear
    Some_guy - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    weird... when I first read this you didn't have a certain part of ur post in there before. And now it is there. I also notice that it says ur post was edited....weird.

(lol I see what u did, and did u really think nobody would notice?)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    weird... when I first read this you didn't have a certain part of ur post in there before. And now it is there. I also notice that it says ur post was edited....weird.

(lol I see what u did, and did u really think nobody would notice?)

Maybe you should look at the editing time eh?

Or would that be too difficult? I edited a spelling mistake I caught right after I posted.

Saitada
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    They need to add a "No shop zone" around every npc, making it impossible to set up a shop within a certain distance of them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    They need to add a "No shop zone" around every npc, making it impossible to set up a shop within a certain distance of them.

amen, some other games have this and it just makes so much sense.

...although if veno pets count as npc...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    amen, some other games have this and it just makes so much sense.

...although if veno pets count as npc...

Veno pets do count as NPCs but they also move. It can just be the non moving ones or however they would code it. Duke would be a pain to set up shop on, he keeps moving around. b:chuckle
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Alarisa - Heavens Tear
    Alarisa - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I've had the same thing happen to me and it's almost as annoying as not being able to get near enough to an NPC to shift-find them. That one is working it's way to the top of my pet peeve list.I try and avoid West Archasaur if at all possible. I sure like Zoe's suggestion of a "shop free zone" around the NPCs. GM's maybe the programmers could put that on their lengthy to do list.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What kind of NPC is constantly surrounded by shops, yet has no coordinates in the assistant? On Heaven's Tear at least, the only NPCs that are REALLY surrounded in West Arch are the Blacksmith, Tailor, Banker, and Hou Jenshi (the Apothecary, Merchant and Jewelcraftsman are runners-up). If your contact is one of those, you'd know where they are already, right? If it's not one of those, why would there be so many shops there?

And there's no need to be rude in your answers. I'm not saying this isn't an annoying thing, I'm just saying it's just not as bad as you say it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    I can honestly say I've never had any sort of trouble of the sort, even trying to click on Hou Jensi or the banker in West ADC.
    And even less noticing a quest NPC with a person on top of them. Have you noticed how you get a great big yellow arrow pointing to them? And their coords? And they turn purple on the minimap?

Sure, it might be easier if people weren't so crowded around in popular areas, but they have as much a right to talk to the NPC as you. It's a pity you get upset at others being around, but one would have thought that online you could be free of your antisocial behaviour and pretend to be a normal human being.

It was less a rant about people mobbing the NPCs (because, lets face it, it is MMOrpg), and more about the morons who post their cat shops on top of the NPC, or those who are on mounts at the NPC. Either of these are avoidable by some common courtesy. People crowding around an NPC is going to happen, and I don't think the OP was griping at that, but at those who take a bad situation and through blatant lack of respect make it worse.

I think you missed the point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It was less a rant about people mobbing the NPCs (because, lets face it, it is MMOrpg), and more about the morons who post their cat shops on top of the NPC, or those who are on mounts at the NPC. Either of these are avoidable by some common courtesy. People crowding around an NPC is going to happen, and I don't think the OP was griping at that, but at those who take a bad situation and through blatant lack of respect make it worse.

I think you missed the point.

Exactly. Although I DO think people could have a bit more courtesy and not stand right up against an NPC like west arch banker, I can click past them fine, it's the idiots that plant their stores ontop of an NPC or who just have to be on their mount at the npc (and incidentally covering it with their mount) that i'm ranting about.

Also, as an aside, and as I have posted already, I don't have the mini map open as I find it more of a pain than I find it useful. There are also NPC's who are not for one reason or another, a part of the coordinate system.. point in case some of the Crazy Stone quest NPC's simply do not have coordinates, just their names in the quest info and in case you haven't noticed... most of the coordinate assistant info does NOT give specific NPC names.

I'm glad at least ONE person did in fact read and comprehend what I posted, unlike the individuals who either completely missed what I said, and spouted off so they could show their lack of reading comprehension, or misunderstood what I was saying altogether.

Saitada
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If you think I am not brilliant reader then maybe I could say you aren't brilliant writer.

I wouldn't think that you are concerned about cat shops or people around the npc while knowing about the shift click already. I didn't read your post word after word that's why I thought you don't know about the shift click.

Guess why I didn't read it whole.

Well you got this coordinates assistant, even this system with coords, you got this stupid arrow that you can follow all the time without really having to care about anything. Don't you think that makes things on this game... not really challenging?

Yet while there is that shift click you got nothing to complain about cause that just solves your problem.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If you think I am not brilliant reader
    Well you got this coordinates assistant, even this system with coords, you got this stupid arrow that you can follow all the time without really having to care about anything. Don't you think that makes things on this game... not really challenging?..
    I've had the same thing happen to me and it's almost as annoying as not being able to get near enough to an NPC to shift-find them.
    There are also NPC's who are not for one reason or another, a part of the coordinate system.. point in case some of the Crazy Stone quest NPC's simply do not have coordinates, just their names in the quest info and in case you haven't noticed... most of the coordinate assistant info does NOT give specific NPC names.

Saitada

...maybe thats why they don't consider you a brilliant reader, you are arguing alternatives that they have already proven to not work
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What kind of NPC is constantly surrounded by shops, yet has no coordinates in the assistant? On Heaven's Tear at least, the only NPCs that are REALLY surrounded in West Arch are the Blacksmith, Tailor, Banker, and Hou Jenshi (the Apothecary, Merchant and Jewelcraftsman are runners-up). If your contact is one of those, you'd know where they are already, right? If it's not one of those, why would there be so many shops there?

And there's no need to be rude in your answers. I'm not saying this isn't an annoying thing, I'm just saying it's just not as bad as you say it is.

Once you get to higher lvls especially 70+, when you hit your little search mission button you will be told to pick up ALOT of quests and all it will give you is the npc name. It wont tell you what city the npc is in or give you any cordinates for it. Most of them dont have the yellow arrow to use to turn them in when your done either.

Ask alot of the lvl 70s if they have found Frost Lord Holan yet or even if they know where he is lol.....

PWdatabase became my best friend in my 70s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I've had the same thing happen to me and it's almost as annoying as not being able to get near enough to an NPC to shift-find them.
    There are also NPC's who are not for one reason or another, a part of the coordinate system.. point in case some of the Crazy Stone quest NPC's simply do not have coordinates, just their names in the quest info and in case you haven't noticed... most of the coordinate assistant info does NOT give specific NPC names.

Saitada

...maybe thats why they don't consider you a brilliant reader, you are arguing alternatives that they have already proven to not work

How does this prove the alternatives I was talking about do not work?

Btw I noticed that comment of Saitada and all I can say that's just funny one. :)

Don't you want the crazy stone quest to be removed and just get the exp for free every first time in a day you log in?

Once you get to higher lvls especially 70+, when you hit your little search mission button you will be told to pick up ALOT of quests and all it will give you is the npc name. It wont tell you what city the npc is in or give you any cordinates for it. Most of them dont have the yellow arrow to use to turn them in when your done either.

Good to know really. I never really thought people ever got to use their brains on this game.

Can't wait to get rid of this mindless questing now. :)

yay to that.
  • RazMan - Lost City
    RazMan - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Most likely the reason why your yellow arrow is not showing up for quest completed would be because it is not selected in your quest list. There are a few quests that it will not show up, like sometimes on the Crazy Stone quest, and one of the elf quests, but other than those you should see an arrow every time if quest is selected in your quest list.

As for your problems, I never really saw these things you listed as a problem for me within the realm. I personally will ride up to a NPC on my mount to turn in a quest or something else, then I run off to the next thing. Dismounting just to talk to a NPC is a major waste of time.
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Uhm the post isnt really about whether or not npc's have arrows to them or not.

Yes the cursor DOES change shape even if there is 70 billion mounts/pets/players infront of npc as long as you hold SHIFT!

You call ppl rude that chat to npc on mounts, don't you think thats a little much? It takes 3x longer to unsummon and resummon a mount than the time it takes to talk to the npc.
    And since when does it become my problem if you cant use your minimap? Its not like it takes up the entire screen and I hapen to find it very usefull.

None of us said its a good thing that players crowd/catshop npc's but you keep on making such negative comments about it that we can't help but be devils advocate here. The facts is it doesnt impact gameplay at all and it certainly doesnt warrant some new GM law or game recoding. This game has enough ways to get you banned as it is.

In summary this entire thread is a rant and blaming others for personal problems. 90% of us don't have any of the problems described here.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I swear this game is filled with fricking morons. I SAID... the NPC who for some reason does NOT have a location/coordinates.. i.e. does NOT have that little yellow arrow (reading comprehension ftw) leading to them... so your left with trying to find them via the little yellow flag over their heads, which... if some **** hat has his shop on their heads.. YOU CAN'T SEE THE DAMNED FLAG!

Learn to READ. Learn to COMPREHEND what your reading and stop making a moron out of yourself.

And as for riding up on an NPC with your mount... if your not over the top of the NPC there generally isn't a problem I am talking about the idiots who seem to think they absolutly MUST be on top of the NPC with their mounts making it hard if not nearly impossible to shift click the NPC because you keep getting PLAYERS (read this, if your able to comprehend the concept.. as NPC's that are frequently used like west arch banker, crazy stone ladies etc).

Now, if you intellectually challenged individuals would just STFU and learn to READ and COMPREHEND what your READING instead of spouting **** out your pie hole, you MIGHT get a clue in life.

Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!

Saitada
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options

b:victoryb:thanks I must admit I often feel this way after spending any amount of time in game reading WC or here on the forums lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    But is Frost Lord Holan really surrounded by a seething mass of humanity (and kitten shops) to the extent that somelike like the West ADC Banker is?
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You obvisouly fal linto the catagory of not even knowing who frost lord holan is. He is an npc that your seacrh quest tells you, you need to get a quest from at lvl 75. However there are no cords for him, no yellow arrow, no nothing even on pwdatabase, he doesnt seem to be anywhere on any of the maps either. Its just like he doesnt exsist but yet you need to get a quest from him lol. ANd yes I know where he is now but the majority of the population does not.

I was backing up the OP on the not all npcs have cords, arrows, or can even be found on the map( mini or otherwise).

Your talking about another of the OPs points which is completely unrelated to my post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Which makes my point of people not being able to comprehend what their reading, even when it's been explained to them 40 different ways from Sunday.

Saitada
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I swear this game is filled with fricking morons. I SAID... the NPC who for some reason does NOT have a location/coordinates.. i.e. does NOT have that little yellow arrow (reading comprehension ftw) leading to them... so your left with trying to find them via the little yellow flag over their heads, which... if some **** hat has his shop on their heads.. YOU CAN'T SEE THE DAMNED FLAG!

Learn to READ. Learn to COMPREHEND what your reading and stop making a moron out of yourself.

To which I responded to just look at the purple dots on the minimap beause those show up 10x further than you can see with normal line of sight.

Saitada
    Once more just proving the point that you are just taking things way to far and making a big deal of nothing. That kinda language isnt even supposed to be on this forum.
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    FroozeBow - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Once more just proving the point that you are just taking things way to far and making a big deal of nothing. That kinda language isnt even supposed to be on this forum.

You obviously have no sense of humor, I was rolling on the floor laughing at that one.
  • Caffe - Heavens Tear
    Caffe - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    ok i'll agree with all the whining n such, but its been that way god knows how long, and dont think annything going to change about that, and this is not the first time its been brought up either........ ,