A Few Questions ^^

Oerba - Sanctuary
Oerba - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi all. I've been playing for a little less than a week now, and it's been really fun. I've picked up a few questions along the way. I know it's a little much, please bear with me.

1. SHOPS. How do I set up a shop? What is the difference between the orange cat shops and the pink cat shops? Is there an auction house in the game (similar to WoW)? Also, is there a market guide online, so I can look up how much items are worth?

2. STONES. I've been getting a lot of various "celestones" and other gemstones. What is the purpose of the celestones - the fragments, the heaven/earth/human/etc stones, and the mirage stone? What do I do with them? Also, I have some gemstones which say things such as +#HP, +#MP, etc. Do I need to pick up a crafting profession to apply the gemstones to my weapon/armor, or can I apply them without a profession?

3. DQ. I'm almost level 30, and I haven't finished my lvl 20 dragonquest yet. Should I rush to finish it or the quest won't be valid any more? Or can dragon quests be delayed and still give the same amount of exp?

4. FB. What does it mean when players talk about FB runs and say they are "wined" or "unwined"?

5. Do you know any good online guides and tutorials outside of the official site and aside from forum threads? It'd be very helpful to read.
Post edited by Oerba - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Oerba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Ah, I forgot one!

6. REP. What is the purpose of getting reputation or faction points? How do I check how much I have, and what benefits does having more rep give you?
  • Malcuid - Sanctuary
    Malcuid - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1 No idea myself

2 you can turn them into an othe kind of stone( the name slips me at the moment) at the gem merchant. 1 celestone of human + earth + heavrn = 1 stone
    25 celestone fragments = 1 celestone

3 I don't think this is a problem but I am not sure. Most people just sell the dq items for al ot of money

4 wined is if the persons whose fb it is has wine. this clears an amount of mobs or some kind, havent tried it myself yet

5 can't help you with this

6 rep dont worry about it untill lvl 30. You can gain rep by doing quests, fb, solo missions
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1) Press E -> Consignment shop to set up a shop. The different colors just mean male/female. There is an auction house, look for the Auctioneer NPC in big cities.
    2) 25 Frags or 3 of the other celes (human, earth, heaven) get you one Mirage Celestone at the Gem Merchant. Mirage Celestones are used to refine equipment at an elder, making it more powerful. Soulgems (the shards with +HP and such) can be put into socketed equipment at a blacksmith/tailor, no need for manufacturing.
    3) DQ's are the same every lvl. Nothing will ever change, just do them when you want to. I generally see them as a waste of time though, but you could do the lvl 20 starting one.
    4) FB is the abbreviation for dungeon (Fu Ben, Malaysian term). FB19 means the lvl 19 quest in the dungeon. In Archosaur, there's an NPC that gives you wine if you give him materials. You can give this wine to the old swordsman in the FB, and he'll clear most of the average monsters in the dungeon then (not the bosses).
    5) 1perfectworld.com and pwdatabase.com/pwi are quite handy. Most of the information can be found here on the forum though.
    6) You get rep by doing quests, or by using certain items. At lvl 30, if you have a certain amount of Rep, you get to buy good equipment and the rank 1 badge. You'll then need to get 1K Rep for rank 2, etc. It's on the status screen (C).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Oerba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    That clarifies a lot. Thanks Malcuid and Amiris!
  • Malcuid - Sanctuary
    Malcuid - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    your welcome
    If you ever need help dont hesitate to whisper me in game
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    When you do FB19 you will get a very good weapon so it is a good idea to do it.
    If you are in a good guild you will get help there because a lot of high level players want to do FB quests for exp and drops.
    You will need a few high level players to help you or you will die very very quickly.