Help plz.

XXMasahiroXx - Lost City
XXMasahiroXx - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
I can't log onto any servers since the new update can anyone tell me why plz.
Post edited by XXMasahiroXx - Lost City on

Comments

• Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What error message do you get? Also have you tried a verify from the launcher?
  • XXMasahiroXx - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    I did like three times and it says "Unable to log into server" or something like that when I try to log on.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    And on running a Verify from the Launcer, your results are? Have you made any changes to your network firewall, or any security software on your local computer, including installing PeerGuardian?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    I haven't done anything cause it used to work fine up untill now and I get the same result when I verifiy. Everytime I put my user name and pw in and click confirm it goes straight to saying "Unable to connect to server" or something like that.
  • Amoo - Sanctuary
    Amoo - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    From what I can tell (Having been put through the same thing), you're running Norton 360. You should edit your firewall settings to allow Perfect World and everything will run fine.
    edited December 2008
    That's the prob. I don't have Norton anymore I switched to Trend and P.W has been working fine untill a few days ago
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    TrendMicro has an included network firewall for both ingoing and outgoing directions. I'd recommend checking that it has not been reset or require further configuration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    It hasn't been missed with that I know I can ask my moms friend if she's done something to it
    edited December 2008
    She said she hasn't done anything to it so I don't know what's wrong. I guess I'll have to wait for the next patch update. When is that btw.
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    The patch update should not have changed anything regarding log-in functionality. Can you check whether TrendMicro updated itself in any manner?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meeeowwwwww - Lost City
    Meeeowwwwww - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    At the Bottom right of your computer screen, there is a list of applications working on your computer. Close/Exit out all your Anti-Virus(Any system of this sort) and then try to log back on to Perfect World ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you need me, just Meeeeoowwwwwww!
    b:dirty
This discussion has been closed.