Golem

ramkiller12
ramkiller12 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Venomancer
Which Golem is better with hit taking. I want it to tank it big and hard 4 me and i dont want 2 be healing so much. dont show me the golems from the next PW show me the golems in this game
Post edited by ramkiller12 on

Comments

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    yeah I don't really know what you mean by that last sentence but the two best golems in perfect world international (if you don't count hercules as a golem) are the crystalline magmite and the volcanic magmite. the crystalline has better stats, and is the better pick if you plan on having plenty of money. but the volcanic magmite's stats are not much lower and it comes with the skill toughen, which reduces all damage taken by 30% for ...15 seconds? I think. And having that skill initially will save you 300k coins later on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • ramkiller12
    ramkiller12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    How can it save you money
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    because in order for the crystalline magmite to learn the skill toughen, it will cost you 300,000 coins, whereas the volcanic magmite starts with this skill, so you will not have to pay to learn it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Unless you don't want the Thoughen skill to begin with, otherwise you'll have to spend money to have it removed ^^

I never found regular defensive skills very useful for pets. I packed my golem with offensive skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Tumlaven - Sanctuary
    Tumlaven - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Unless you don't want the Thoughen skill to begin with, otherwise you'll have to spend money to have it removed ^^

I never found regular defensive skills very useful for pets. I packed my golem with offensive skills.

lol so you are packing a tank w. some guns.. i see.. i have eyt to mess w. my crystalline magmite ^^.. but if he has better bash and so on.. he would be able to kill the mobs much 2 fast to wrry about dieing... tough is mainly jsut used for your mag not to die form 3 agros.. ---tough->you nuke some mobs->heal once-> you win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    tough is mainly jsut used for your mag not to die form 3 agros..

It's not dying from 3 aggros even without though b:chuckle, Tho I probably have to put one more healing into there from time to time.

But as a full intel veno with high mattk, my healing is quite powerful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2008

I don't understand the fuss about the L18 golem coming with Toughen. It's a 30% or 35% defense buff for 15 sec with a 60 sec cooldown. That's pretty useless IMHO. The only time my L17 golem has had trouble tanking was against some bosses and the darkbreed wolfkins around FB19. They're elite so they have like a gajillion extra hp. There is no way you're going to kill one in 15 seconds.

So pretty much any time the L17 golem would take enough damage that you can't keep it alive with your heals, the L18 golem's Toughen skill would run out and you'd be facing the same situation. There's a very narrow window where you'd barely be unable to keep the L17 golem alive, but the L18 golem would survive. But in practice I haven't encountered it. Either the golem can tank the stuff easily, or it dies real quick and I tuck my tail between my legs and run.

The hour-long defensive buffs sound useful (grant 150% bonus to mdef or pdef at rank 5). But I suspect they're not regularly available for sale from the Zoologist.
  • bobbeh
    bobbeh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I don't understand the fuss about the L18 golem coming with Toughen. It's a 30% or 35% defense buff for 15 sec with a 60 sec cooldown. That's pretty useless IMHO. The only time my L17 golem has had trouble tanking was against some bosses and the darkbreed wolfkins around FB19. They're elite so they have like a gajillion extra hp. There is no way you're going to kill one in 15 seconds.

So pretty much any time the L17 golem would take enough damage that you can't keep it alive with your heals, the L18 golem's Toughen skill would run out and you'd be facing the same situation. There's a very narrow window where you'd barely be unable to keep the L17 golem alive, but the L18 golem would survive. But in practice I haven't encountered it. Either the golem can tank the stuff easily, or it dies real quick and I tuck my tail between my legs and run.

The hour-long defensive buffs sound useful (grant 150% bonus to mdef or pdef at rank 5). But I suspect they're not regularly available for sale from the Zoologist.

Toughen is useful because you can use it in certain scenarios to snitch in some ironwood scarab. You'll need it in TT if you want to solo it in your early 60s.

The difference in the overall stats at lvl 90 between L17 and L18 is like 0.1%.
    edited December 2008
    bobbeh wrote: »
    You'll need it in TT if you want to solo it in your early 60s.

I started soloing TT at level 60, and never used the thoughen skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I started soloing TT at level 60, and never used the thoughen skill.

It's easier for you to solo and heal your pet because you've mentioned that you're a full INT build. But for other builds, you'd need Tough since their magic attack isn't as high to keep up with healing.
    edited December 2008
    demise wrote: »
    But for other builds, you'd need Tough since their magic attack isn't as high to keep up with healing.

If someone is unable to keep his pet healed without thoughen, I don't think they could with it.

Sure, the pet would survive for 15 seconds, but after that you have to wait 45 seconds to recast it.

If you are able to keep your pet alive for thoses 45 seconds, you can for 60, so you don't need that skill....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I am skeptical about soloing HH at 60 unless you have the 60 HH weap already >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    full int veno here. I gave my lvl 17 mag tough and am loving it. It's useless for regular grinding, but quite useful for emergencies. In situations where I am unable to heal my mag as fast as possible, like when my mag gets ganked by several mobs and haven't hit all of them yet, or when I **** up, or when bosses suddenly use their magic attacks twice in a row, that 15 seconds of damage reduction may seem short but it buys me enough time to regroup/catch up on my heals/etc. While I find it very useful, I don't find it absolutely necessary for survival. Currently debating with myself on whether to get my frog tough too.