First Dungeon Crawl

Tailynne - Lost City
Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
So I have the fb19 quest, and want to run it, but I had some concerns that weren't answered in the other threads. I hear that the fb19 weapon is good for you =) Does it always drop? Does it drop a weapon that is based on the tab holders class? Wouldn't it be randomly distributed with your squad? Are molds even useful to lower levels such as myself? Do you get a new cool weapon at every FB? Besides molds and this weapon what are the other useful drops indigenous to the dungeon? If you die in the dungeon (not all of your squad, but one or two) can you come back to the same level of completedness, or rejoin your squad? Or are you stuck with re-starting? Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
Post edited by Tailynne - Lost City on

Comments

• DeadlyHabit - Heavens Tear
    DeadlyHabit - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    FB19 weapon is the quest item from after you do the FB
    there is a differnt quest that ask you to kill specific mobs inside the FB after killing those you will get a quest to kill the boss and if u go to the piller and use the tab you get both done at once.

after that turn in quest in your home town and they will give u a choice

Tab's are like extra XP from killing the boss.
    if you die and release or D/C the tab gose back into your invt.

If you die and do not release and get a rez then nothing is effected.

i hope this info help.

DeadlyHabit
  • Bondmystic - Heavens Tear
    Bondmystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yay, lots of questions to answer! b:chuckle
    So I have the fb19 quest, and want to run it, but I had some concerns that weren't answered in the other threads. I hear that the fb19 weapon is good for you =) Does it always drop? Does it drop a weapon that is based on the tab holders class? Wouldn't it be randomly distributed with your squad?

As stated by DeadlyHabit it is a quest reward, the quest should be in a rather bright purple color, for killing the boss in the dungeon. They give you a choice between two weapons for FB19 based upon your race, one meant for each class.
    Are molds even useful to lower levels such as myself?

Molds are rather rare drops, so if you do get one you can't use then you should be able to sell it for a nice price which is always useful.
    Do you get a new cool weapon at every FB?

Nope, most FBs don't give you a weapon. They are good for experience and fun if you have a team of friends.
    Besides molds and this weapon what are the other useful drops indigenous to the dungeon?

In most FBs I find that there are a nice amount of Dragon Quest items, which even if you don't use you can sell for a nice amount of coins. The boss(es) also usually drop a number of items including often 3 star items, which can be quite nice. Different dungeons have different drops obviously, however you should be able to find something useful in every one.
    If you die in the dungeon (not all of your squad, but one or two) can you come back to the same level of completedness, or rejoin your squad? Or are you stuck with re-starting?

This was also mostly answered by DeadlyHabit, adding maybe that if people or the group leaves the dungeon you can enter again and retain where you were up to. I think it may reset if you change the leader of the party but otherwise progress shouldn't be lost. I'm unsure about what happens when the quest fails, although I'd imagine it wouldn't reset still.
    Thanks.

Thank you for the questions and hope I helped. b:pleased

Bondmystic
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    thanks for the replies guys! I went through with it, wasn't bad. The squad I ended up with wasn't super helpful with answering questions, but they didn't try to get me to use the tab at the start and then ditch me, so that's a plus. Now for some after questions if no one minds: I had two quests, kill 12 stoneskin undines, and slay the occultist scorpio of giantness. I think both were accomplished, but the first just disappeared, and there wasn't anything to turn in from it? At the end I started to run back to the entrance to use for an exit, but they said no, use the pt and mentioned something about a countdown. Then they left without explaining these terms. So I wandered around for a few minutes before just using town portal. So what the heck was the countdown supposed to be, and what is "pt?" Also, I didn't really get much XP =( I did get a weapon I'm happy with though. =) Thanks again for the help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    "Pt" is a shortened version of "party" which are "squads" in this game...
  • Liethe - Lost City
    Liethe - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Now for some after questions if no one minds: I had two quests, kill 12 stoneskin undines, and slay the occultist scorpio of giantness. I think both were accomplished, but the first just disappeared, and there wasn't anything to turn in from it? At the end I started to run back to the entrance to use for an exit, but they said no, use the pt and mentioned something about a countdown. Then they left without explaining these terms. So I wandered around for a few minutes before just using town portal. So what the heck was the countdown supposed to be, and what is "pt?" Also, I didn't really get much XP =( I did get a weapon I'm happy with though. =) Thanks again for the help.
    The undines and the scorpion boss are both part of the same quest, and that is why the undine objective just disappears after you're done with it.

The "countdown" is a timer that appears when you leave your party while still inside the dungeon. After you do this, and the countdown is up, you will be transported out to town. It is the most common way players exit an fb after successful completion. Sometimes (often if you are the last person left in the squad) the countdown will "glitch" and not appear, leaving you stuck inside the dungeon, in which case townportal will work just as well. it really makes no difference which way you exit in the end.
    ~ Blessed is the one that resists temptation ~