How many skills in game don't do what they are supposed to?

Options
Aedril - Sanctuary
Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
I know for a fact Frostblade (wizard buff that is supposed to add water damage to attacks) doesn't add a single point of damage to any attack (tested on BMs, barbs, archers, and self wizard staff phys attack)

Any other classes that have skills that don't do what they are supposed to?

Edit: and if you really think it works, go do a test. Put on a L1 weapon, go find some low level fire mobs and attack them with and without frostblade on.
Post edited by Aedril - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Jack - Heavens Tear
    Jack - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Really? I've seen it work on me. Only adds about 50-100 or so per hit though. It adds physical though, but it seems as if you've accounted for that.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Frostblade works on me too.

As for Blademaster skills, all work fine.
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Works fine.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Tested a lv7 frostblade from a wiz friend few days ago, on 30-ish attacks doing 90-120 damage, nothing increased with the buff.

As for cleric skills:
    Plume shell doesnt specify it only reduces physical damage, the way it is put there, you would think it reduces all elements too.

Regeneration Aura says it only reduces magic damage, but also reduces physical damage.

Exalted Renewal says that only mana regeneration increases, but health also increases (same as Celestial Guardian's Seal).

Soon, the Light has 2 names on skill tree, Chromatic Healing Beam (on Rejuvenation Stream info) and Soon, The Light (on its own info).

Soon, the Light range is increased per skill level, but it doesnt show blue like all other values that increase/decrease based on skill level (like on all other skills on the game).

Resurrection has the "10% hp/mp recovered" part marked as blue, but it never increases, always 10% regardless of skill level.

Magic Shell doesnt refresh the duration when you recast it, or cast the mass buff version, unlike all other buffs of clerics.

Silent Seal also has 2 names, Silence Seal (skill description) and Silent Seal (skill tree name).

Razor Feathers has a "%" symbol missing on the part that increases damage from weapon (200% on lv10).

Thats all i can remember for now. Note also that many skills have "higher skill level is better" or "chance to do something", no useful information, if the chance is high or low (like siren kiss of clerics, or talk is cheap of barbarians). This happens to many skills, isnt a bug, but is frustrating to not know if a skill is anything good before buying it out.
  • Latoyya - Sanctuary
    Latoyya - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I know resurrection doesn't work out of the list of skills. I even made a thread about it in the suggestions forum.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Barrage of arrows doesn't work the way the skill description describes. It's supposed to run on indefinitely but instead it stops once the target dies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Barrage of arrows doesn't work the way the skill description describes. It's supposed to run on indefinitely but instead it stops once the target dies.

I hope that was supposed to be funny, cause it was. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I hope that was supposed to be funny, cause it was. b:chuckle

seriously have to derail a topic with ur bs veno bias that goes against GM statements?

elf flight master says it applies to "Natural Elven Wings" which i don't think is specific enough to mean just the one pair of level 1 wings you get

elf wings of grace says it does not stack, but i am pretty sure it does with veno speed buff and more possibly

many elf skills say "arrow" which is silly if you use xbow or moreso even slingshots , it should say "shot" or "ammo" or something
  • shield
    shield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Mosz...what are you babbling about? The barrage of arrows thing was hillarious and has nothing to do about Veno's.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    inb4 veno archer flame war

The Veno swimming mastery skill doesn't work. Just N/A. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I know resurrection doesn't work out of the list of skills. I even made a thread about it in the suggestions forum.
    What resurrect are you talking about?
    The extremely well working cleric skill called revive that is in constant use with no problems?
    Or the just as well used Veno skill called revive pet?

And as regards frostblade: Are you testing by just looking at the character sheet for damage, or are you actually hitting something?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    What resurrect are you talking about?
    The extremely well working cleric skill called revive that is in constant use with no problems?
    Or the just as well used Veno skill called revive pet?

And as regards frostblade: Are you testing by just looking at the character sheet for damage, or are you actually hitting something?

revive the HP regained on res is in BLUE hence ud assume it to be variable(ie goes up or down each level)...like every other skill with blue components, yet it is not.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    elf wings of grace says it does not stack, but i am pretty sure it does with veno speed buff and more possibly
    It doesnt stack with similar buffs, like the speed potion, or blademasters speed skill (yellow icon with a man running), but veno buff is another status, thus they stack.
    Hitting something.

I believe the skill was disabled from the game due to it's possible exploiting (high lv wizards buffing newbies for 1k+ attack bonus).
    elf flight master says it applies to "Natural Elven Wings" which i don't think is specific enough to mean just the one pair of level 1 wings you get
    NOW it is, the lv1 wings say "natural elven wings" on description, a couple weeks ago it didnt even say that.
    Regarding this, he is correct, xarfox posted a topic explaining this skill should work like dragon breath (wizard lightning AoE). So stop the trolling.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i see what you mean about wings of protection buff but at same it states "does not stack with any other effect" it just seems misleading/confusing that it cant stack with any other +mspeed that has same icon not just same overall effect >.> ,especially when you use wings of grace when it (wings of grace) runs out your +mspeed from wings of protection is gone, seems like **** design there

when it says only effects natural elven wings, the lack of "the" and the "wings" part would make you think its more then 1 specific wing set, although it helps that they wrote that on the white wings now, but i don't think boutique and other wings have much to help clarify
  • shield
    shield Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Sutra does not work while in RB. Channel time still applies at the lessened RB rates.

Also, barrage of arrows is used in Zhen after a duel completes it does continue. Its only when PvE mob is killed that it stops.