Buying in your own cat shop

Tailynne - Lost City
Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Hey, I've got a noob question that I don't see on the forums: How do you use the 'buy' side of your cat shop? I would like to buy items from people while my cat shop is set up. I dragged a nectar over there, set a price, and went away. When I came back the stuff I was selling was all gone, but I didn't have anymore nectars. I know, first thought, nobody sold you nectars you dork, but someone left a message saying they had some nectars for me. Is there more to it than drag and drop?

Thanks for your help
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
Post edited by Tailynne - Lost City on

Comments

• Tailynne - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    thanks for the update... I appreciate your sense of direction and topic relation. Really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Sometimes I really wish I was a moderator on these forums as well.....

Anyways on topic, I was actually wondering this myself, I don't use catshops much myself but I'd like to know this.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    An option to ignore a user would be nice - make it hide his posts so you never have to see them again.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol this has gone so off topic again because of Haradac, please dont hijack other people's post as Xarfox has stated. b:angry

Please someone with an answer, please help out. As I've wonder as well how to buy items from people while in my Cat Shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Bondmystic - Heavens Tear
    Bondmystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    *sigh* Some people 'aye? b:mischievous

To buy from other people in your own cat shop:

1. Open the "Consignment Shop"
    2. Drag an item from your inventory into a square on the buying side
    3. Specify a price in the "Price/Unit" text box
    4. Specify a quantity in the "Drop Items" text box
    5. Click "Done" on the "Drop Items" box (don't worry, it's just a name b:chuckle)
    6. Give the shop a name
    7. Click "Done" to set up shop

You should then have a shop set up to buy a certain amount of the chosen item at the chosen price. The money amount at the bottom of the buy section will go red if you don't have enough money to buy all the items and to cancel the buying simply click on the item you don't wish to buy to make it disappear from the shop. I'm also afraid that you cannot, as far as I know, buy items you do not already own. b:question

@Tailynne - It could be that somebody had Nectar to sell but wanted more than you were offering, so instead left a message. It sounds to me like you were setting the shop up correctly if you were selling items.

Hope this helps someone out there. b:pleased

Bondmystic
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Thanks a bunch for the info and wrangling the topic back on course! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]