Reset TW Map Every 6 months

Options
Cat - Heavens Tear
Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Suggestion Box
I know there is going to be alot of whinning about this suggestion but really just think it threw before you throw that tantrum.

I think the TW map should reset every 6 months. That means it goes clean and all land is free for the taking again.

If your already a big guild you'll just loose a few weeks of pay. Get over it. You will get the land back easy enough.

But this gives a chance for all guilds again to get some land and hold it for a week or 2. Plus think of the first week after the map is reset. Probably just about every land will be owned by a different guild. Think of all the fun pvp wars there will be for weeks after that.

I came from pw my, where on 1 server 3 guilds all allied and ruled the enitre map for months on end.. Theres no fun in that. On the other server there is now 1 guild that owns the entire map and noone cane beat them.. Once again no fun in that either..

This will keep the TW gameplay open to everyone and every guild. Instead of having to join a guild you dont like just to get a little tw action. Plus once again gives most guilds a chance to own some kind of land at some point in time.

I think it will make things alot more fun and interesting to have the map reset every 6 months..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
-Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
Post edited by Cat - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tanell - Sanctuary
    Tanell - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Or have the Wraith attack, and if they win then the territory would be neutral again.
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Or have the Wraith attack, and if they win then the territory would be neutral again.

Oh I like this idea.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

It's not often I get to say this in the Suggestion Box: I like this idea

It actually makes the PVP aspect of the wraith events more interesting, as the biggest guilds would have to fight off enemy pkers while their more PVE built players dealt with the wraiths.

I don't know if the GMs can or would implement it though b:surrender
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Quit crying, and learn to play. It's a fairly simple matter to take territories from a stronger guild if you're determined and know what to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Quit crying, and learn to play. It's a fairly simple matter to take territories from a stronger guild if you're determined and know what to do.

Just an FYI, I am in 1 of the top 4 guilds on my server. My guild already owns 9 territories and the ONLY lvl 2 territoy on Heavens Tear.

I come from playing PW MY for 9 months to this game from closed beta till now. Im thinking in the long term and for the future. IF you played on pw my then you already know after a few months noone trys to attack the large guilds cause its pointless.. And yes it is pointless. I dont mind loosing the lands my guild owns cause I know we can get them back.

I know in the future there needs to be something worth playing for. There needs to be more chances for all the guilds to "get back in the game".

The cryers are who QQ because they are scared if their guilds loose land their guilds wont be "pro" anymore. Get over it. You want a real competition and to prove yourself. Then win your land back every 6 months and show you really are the tippy.

Im up to the challange and Im sure my guild is too. I would like to see how many others are though and who is scared..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Wow I must say... This is not a bad idea. 6 months is kinda long though, smaller guilds would get bored before those 6 months come. Realistically speaking, however, this is never going to happen. Doing this would make the dominating guilds and they're largest supply of people who buy zen in those guilds unhappy. Being a money-biased game, we all know that they would never do something like that.
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I say do both ideas.

Every 6 Months the slate is wiped clean, but in between wipes have Wraith forces compete in TW. This would put more pressure on guilds large and small, as well as give the PvE players an excuse to participate in TW in their guilds. After all, a PvE built player is better for fighting off the Wraith forces then a PvP player who has been diverted from the fight against an enemy guild to take care of the mobs.

Keeps teh challenge up and brings other types of players in TW.

It would give guilds a reason to not kick FACs so fast for instance, wraith attacks are perfect for FACs to deal with.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i like the idea of having a force of wraiths go through and take back all the land... make it complete choas having every territory attacked at once and last for hours from a continus flow of wraiths comming in would be awesomely fun and the strong guilds wouldnt be able to keep all their territory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i like the idea of having a force of wraiths go through and take back all the land... make it complete choas having every territory attacked at once and last for hours from a continus flow of wraiths comming in would be awesomely fun and the strong guilds wouldnt be able to keep all their territory

b:shocked

I was thinking more along the lines of guilds being forced to participate in Wraith attacks in that area or even better, the occasional NPC attack on the land (perhaps a few NPC attacks would be added to the map after the PVP bidding ends), allowing for PVE TW to be experienced once more (there's probably loads of people out there who've never been to PVE TW and may never get the chance). What you just described is way OTT though.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

Much, much, much better idea than the original poster's. (No offense, just being honest)

Resetting it every 6 months would be pointless, you even said it yourself -- If you're a big guild that owns a land, you'll get it back anyway. How does that offer newbie guilds a chance to own a land?
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    b:shocked

I was thinking more along the lines of guilds being forced to participate in Wraith attacks in that area or even better, the occasional NPC attack on the land (perhaps a few NPC attacks would be added to the map after the PVP bidding ends), allowing for PVE TW to be experienced once more (there's probably loads of people out there who've never been to PVE TW and may never get the chance). What you just described is way OTT though.

i think somethin like what i put would be awesome lol i would be there... non stop killing WOO! b:victory b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Chloe - Heavens Tear
    Chloe - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Have the wraith attack like you said, but if the faction loses, have the land shown that the "Wraith" faction now owns the land.b:chuckle
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Much, much, much better idea than the original poster's. (No offense, just being honest)

Resetting it every 6 months would be pointless, you even said it yourself -- If you're a big guild that owns a land, you'll get it back anyway. How does that offer newbie guilds a chance to own a land?

Because guilds can only bid on 1 land per week. Which means no matter how strong you are you can only get 1 land per week. There are like 30+ lvl 3 territories. Which means after the reset over 30 guilds can own land if all the lands are bidded on by different guilds and won. Even after your guild wins a land you have to then bid on the land that is touching the land you already own.

Smaller guilds will have chances to own land and compete with other smaller guilds to keep there lands. By the time the big guilds start to gather up all of their land again, I have a strong inkling at least a few of the smaller guilds would have had enough time to build themselves up to be more of a competition when they larger guilds do come knocking round their land. They also will stand a MUCH better chance of actually fending off attackers and keeping even from larger guilds than they do now and the current way it is ran.

I like the wraith event but it doesnt solve anything. Even if that land goes free, next week bidding who do you think is going to win the bid on it? The guild that already owns 10 territories that is bringing in 100m a week free money just from their lands alone or the small guild trying to get into the TW scene.. Most of the established guilds already have 200m-300m if not more saved up in guild banks just for bidding purposes and other things to do with TW. So even if the land goes free in a wraith attack the small guilds dont stand a chance outbidding the large guilds for the land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Ren - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The cryers are who QQ because they are scared if their guilds loose land their guilds wont be "pro" anymore. Get over it. You want a real competition and to prove yourself. Then win your land back every 6 months and show you really are the tippy.

Im up to the challange and Im sure my guild is too. I would like to see how many others are though and who is scared..

Now you're really full of ****. Just pay 10+ guilds to attack the dominant land owner, if there are a few overlapping TWs, any *guild worthy of EVER owning a territory*, will be able to win.

Low level casual nonfactors shouldn't own land, even if it is just for a few weeks due to a fluke of land being reset. Don't be absurd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I like the reset idea. It has been done on the PH servers:
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/local--files/dragon-november/map.PNG
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/local--files/dragon-november/map1.PNG

Thing is, many people, unlike Ren, enjoy TW. Having one guild dominating the TW map is boring. No fun TW's. No lands changing hands. I agree that strong guilds will take back their place on TW map. However, taking it back after a full reset means that many TW's will be fought. Even the stronger guild can only take back 1 land/week; that means it takes tat least 15 weeks of fighting to get half of the map (while others are fighting around too). TW's are the most fun thing in this game, IMO, so I think that a full reset would be nice; 6 months seems like a good time.

PW_PH now really have a nice TW map:
    http://janelh.wdfiles.com/local--files/dragon-december/map.PNG

That looks like our own map a few weeks ago, and this is so much fun than weeks with 2-3 TW's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Now you're really full of ****. Just pay 10+ guilds to attack the dominant land owner, if there are a few overlapping TWs, any *guild worthy of EVER owning a territory*, will be able to win.

Low level casual nonfactors shouldn't own land, even if it is just for a few weeks due to a fluke of land being reset. Don't be absurd.

rofl.. PAY 10+ guilds to attack the dominant land owner... Yeah Im really the one whose full of **** lol..

Thanks for laugh and the keen insight on how the other side of the debate thinks though. I think your helping my point more than hurting it with comments like the one you just made.. Pay 10 guilds, Im still chuckling over that one.

Not saying 10 guilds agianst 1 might achieve taking a land.. but the fact you think someone should PAY 10 guilds to attack is laughable. And unless you continue to "pay" them the next week that large guild will just run over and plow through w/e guild might have been lucky enough to take the land last week. Because if it takes 10 guilds for just 1 guild to get land, that 1 land isnt going to have a chance once theres not 10 guilds attacking them anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I like the reset idea. It has been done on the PH servers:
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/local--files/dragon-november/map.PNG
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/local--files/dragon-november/map1.PNG

Thing is, many people, unlike Ren, enjoy TW. Having one guild dominating the TW map is boring. No fun TW's. No lands changing hands. I agree that strong guilds will take back their place on TW map. However, taking it back after a full reset means that many TW's will be fought. Even the stronger guild can only take back 1 land/week; that means it takes tat least 15 weeks of fighting to get half of the map (while others are fighting around too). TW's are the most fun thing in this game, IMO, so I think that a full reset would be nice; 6 months seems like a good time.

PW_PH now really have a nice TW map:
    http://janelh.wdfiles.com/local--files/dragon-december/map.PNG

That looks like our own map a few weeks ago, and this is so much fun than weeks with 2-3 TW's.

See thats just awesome lol. I can only imagine how much fun that would be.And the fun would last for weeks. b:victoryb:dirtyb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Ok, admittedly this idea of a clean map is growing on me.b:dirty

When the TW map is wiped, the guilds with the most land should maybe get a reward and maybe a mention on the site (something that means the old fights arent totally pointless!) It'd be cool to see a ranking of the results of each TW set listed on the site, and see which guild gets the most land each time, and how many smaller guilds manage to get.

Even if you actually get 10 guilds to bid on a large guild's land, it does not necessarily work, and Ren's own guild was the one that proved it. RQ fought off like what, 10 or 11 guilds and the only one they lost was the one everyone expected them to lose anyway. Pandora (a freaking wizard) was pulling catapults in one war for crying out loud.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I agree with the wraith attack idea.

Though, the major problem with wiping the TW map is that...to be blunt, when a smaller guild is attacked by a larger, "power" guild...oftentimes they do not even come to the war. It would be a way to let the smaller guilds have some TW money, yeah, but I don't think there'd be that many interesting PvP wars to follow. :\

Smaller guilds with problems taking land from larger ones can take a lesson from LC's current TW status, where numerous small guilds attack one large guild during a pivotal war with another large guild. Voila, the times overlap and if the defending guild underestimates them, lacks organization, exhaustion of resources like charms and/or apoth pots, or simply doesn't have enough members to fill that many wars at once...some of those guilds have a chance to obtain land. Since it doesn't look like this policy will be changing, we'll probably see a lot more of this as time passes.

The flaw to the above is that many people tend to join what they think is the "best" or "strongest" guild, thus adding to its power. So eventually there is a reasonable probability that there'd be a guild rich and powerful enough to fend off 20+ wars per week. The thing about PW-MY's Warlord guild is they cheated their way there; PWI is a bit more strict on playing the game fairly...or at least they claim to be. I still see people botting, and only a few have been banned after being reported...not even perma either. :x
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • MouiManako - Heavens Tear
    MouiManako - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

I like that idea. 6 months is too long tho... maybe once a month, or 2 months?
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Once again:

I like the wraith event but it doesnt solve anything. You guys do know you have to bid on the land you want to fight for TW and its just like an auction. At the end of bidding you have to have the high bid to be able to go after that land.

Even if that land goes free, next week bidding who do you think is going to win the bid on it? The guild that already owns 10 territories that is bringing in 100m+ a week free money just from their lands alone or the small guild trying to get into the TW scene.. Most of the established guilds already have 200m-300m if not more saved up in guild banks just for bidding purposes and other things to do with TW.

So even if the land goes free in a wraith attack the small guilds dont stand a chance outbidding the large guilds for the land to even do TW.

So if your saying you like the wraith event idea you need to come up with some suggestions on how to get past the above mentioned issue. Or there is really no point to the wraith attacks possibly taking the land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Some_guy - Heavens Tear
    Some_guy - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    With that idea people will start thinking along the lines "Whats the point of taking over the land, u will just lose it after a while." Motivation of conquering PW would be gone. Everything they fought for would be gone, thus no point of a faction if it can never fully acheive that dream, just hold on to it for 6 months. Besides I thought you couldn't take over the entire map because if ur faction had a territory 1 tier u couldnt bid on another territory 1 tier. And if thats true than how can 1 faction take over the entire map.

The suggestion with the Wraiths attacking is much, much better. If the wraiths do take over the territory then who said that the faction that lost the territory would bid on it? Every other faction could also bid on it if they have the money. If the smaller faction doesn't have enough money then all they have to do is gather that money, eventually outbidding them.

Even better: Once the wraiths take over a territory, the faction that just lost the territory would not be able to bid on that territory for a certain amount of time say 3 weeks. That would allow the other factions to bid on it. This solves the problem that you have pointed out.

-Some_guy
  • Ren - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options

We killed 3 guilds in tw this week - all at the same time, 2 more on other days.

Yes, we beat the strongest guild + 2 nonfactors, all at once, and not enough of our guild was even online...

You just fail horribly, so you want to cry to the gms to play the game for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    With that idea people will start thinking along the lines "Whats the point of taking over the land, u will just lose it after a while." Motivation of conquering PW would be gone. Everything they fought for would be gone, thus no point of a faction if it can never fully acheive that dream, just hold on to it for 6 months. Besides I thought you couldn't take over the entire map because if ur faction had a territory 1 tier u couldnt bid on another territory 1 tier. And if thats true than how can 1 faction take over the entire map.

The suggestion with the Wraiths attacking is much, much better. If the wraiths do take over the territory then who said that the faction that lost the territory would bid on it? Every other faction could also bid on it if they have the money. If the smaller faction doesn't have enough money then all they have to do is gather that money, eventually outbidding them.

Even better: Once the wraiths take over a territory, the faction that just lost the territory would not be able to bid on that territory for a certain amount of time say 3 weeks. That would allow the other factions to bid on it. This solves the problem that you have pointed out.

-Some_guy

Most guilds do TWs for the fun of TW themselves. IN the scheme of ALL the players not that many actually play for the "lets dominate the world" factor. SO most players wont mind loosing their land after 6 months. Hell most players wont even be the same players after 6 months. Turnover rates for mmorpgs like this are high lol. There are only 2 lvl 1 territorys on the map, Arch and 1k stream. So yes 1 guild can own the inter map cept for 1 territory. IN my opinion thats the whole map. If you want to get get nitpicky over 1 lvl 1 territory thats your issue. Your talking about holding onto a dream, If 1 guild takes over the map that at max 200 players.. Only 200 players can hold on to that dream. How many people do you think play? Its more 10 thousand and you think its only the right of 200 people to be able to dominate? To own the map? If you think Rens idea would work I invite you to go play PW MY and go to the oracle server. Find and pay 10, hell I would suggest 20 guilds to attack Warlords, and see how many lands warlords loose. I bet they dont loose a single one.

This comment:

"If the wraiths do take over the territory then who said that the faction that lost the territory would bid on it?"

SHows me you must not be in a TW guild or have much personal experience with them. I dont know of a single guild, even the most "carebear" guild on the server who would be like.. " Oh well wraiths took our land lets not even bid to get it back.. la la la" Trust me if they lost a land they WOULD bid to get it back.

You also said if a smaller faction doesnt have the money they could just gather it.. Why dont you talk to the smaller factions in the game and see how much money they have and how much they think they could gather. Most probably had a hell of a time just gathering the 10m it took to become lvl 3 if they are even lvl 3. Big guilds get 100m+ EACH WEEK. FREE MONEY, that already own territories. Most already have 200m+ saved up JUST for bidding purposes. And you think any small guild can gather 300m+ per week to compete with land holding guilds?

Now preventing the larger guild from bidding on the land they lost for 3 weeks is at least an idea. Better than the stuff you been saying and at least a suggestion to fix the problem. However telling a large guild they cant bid on a land they lost for 3 weeks would cause more issues than reseting the map where at least the guild could bid on any of the land they wanted including the lands they lost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Ren - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Cat you're level 84... get a real guild and quit crying already seriously. Resetting TW ruins the game period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Lol Ren your such a hypocrit. Im far from crying..

Crying would be:

" OMG!! this game is soooo unfair haxxors everyone!! my guild cant own land OMGZZZ its sooo unfair!! GMS fix the game or im leaving OMGGZZZ!! This Game Only cares about CS users, CS users rulez the game. My life is over, I can never have fun online again!"

Im merely making suggestions on what I have seen in my experience of 9 months on pw my and my 5 months on this version so far on how they can increase the gameplay experience for everyone. Please feel free to point out in any one of my posts where I have "cried". I also think you missed where I said I am in 1 of the top 4 guilds on my server. My guild already owns 9 territories and a lvl 2 territoy on Heavens Tear. Not to mention we were the first guild to even take a lvl 2 territory.

You on the other hand I have seen crying in at least 5 posts in the past 12 hours how some guy ALONE "forced" the GMs to change the chips prices because he was a CS user. While insulting everyone else who is posting in this thread and others. Why dont you take your own advice and take off your tin foil hat while your at it lol.

If you think it will ruin the game then provide a valid arguement and reasoning that supports your opinion. Insulting others isnt a valid arguement.

I wonder if they have a blacklist for the forums, maybe I should suggest that next. I could find it really useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Epic phail coming from Cat... You just gotta like that!! b:laugh And yes there is infact...

But yes I agree, Too many larger factions take the territories because they are greedy and snobby (Except Radiance, RoC and Evolution) but what I don't get is why would they wanna use money for TW purposes? They should give a equal share of 500k per person. I mean seriously, they fight hard and yet you give them nothing? That's just pathetic! What if you had a level 150 on your side and he/she killed MOST not even ALL of the people/wraiths who were DEFENDING the territory and once he/shes done they get nothing but a thank you... WTF! You lazy guild leader! He/She fought hard!!! I think some of the other people gets RESPECT too!

But you get what I'm saying. I agree with you 100% Cat they either change it or share it cos it's not cool :(
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Cat you're level 84... get a real guild and quit crying already seriously. Resetting TW ruins the game period.

Hey, NEWS FLASH! She doesn't have too!
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Some_guy - Heavens Tear
    Some_guy - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

Now preventing the larger guild from bidding on the land they lost for 3 weeks is at least an idea. Better than the stuff you been saying and at least a suggestion to fix the problem. However telling a large guild they cant bid on a land they lost for 3 weeks would cause more issues than reseting the map where at least the guild could bid on any of the land they wanted including the lands they lost.

How would that cause issues? Just because u say there is going to be problems doesn't mean there will be. Point out the "issues" this would cause. If you're talking about the three weeks they would have to wait then you can always lower the amount of time or increase it, I was just stating an example. If it causes problems for the guild then like you said, it's only 200 people that has problems compared to the whole server. If u really want to know what MOST people think of your idea put up a poll. Oh yeah, don't forget to list the problems the idea that my other post suggested would cause.