Pets despawn, trades cancel at random

Saitada - Sanctuary
Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
I don't know if it's just my g/f and I having this problem but...

Our pets despawn at random times w/o our telling them too. And they are NOT getting killed.

We have Trades cancel w/o doing it ourselves or w/o completing them.

I've had mobs i'm fighting randomly despawn before they are even close to being dead.

I've had loot drops be unable to pick up, and there isn't a soul around but me killing the mobs in the area it happens.

Anyone else having these issues?

And no, our computers are not old, they are top notch gaming systems more than able to handle the piddly graphics this game generates, and our internet connection is Cable/High speed.

Anyone else getting these issues?

~Saitada
Post edited by Saitada - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I play an archer, so I dont know about the pet problems.

But the monsters disappearing, yes, I did notice it a few times yesterday. I was flying towards a full health foxwing near Tust Town, and then, he vanishes. I thot he prolly flew farther from my max distance of sight, but no. There was nothing anywhere near by.

So yes, something is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    All likely lag issues. I've had each and every one of those things happen between my wife and I, and like you say, we both have nice machines and excellent high-speed internet connections. Lag can be caused by anything from line noise, ISP hiccups, server issues, etc. Good news is that none of these things are really that big of a deal.

In fact, I had something weird happen the other day. We were just grinding, and one particular mob I was attacking, just out of nowhere I couldn't activate a certain skill. I had plenty of mana and chi (since it required a little of both), and my other skills worked fine, but this one kept giving me an error message - something about incorrect target or something. After I killed it, I went to pick up the drops and got an error message "action still in cooldown." I kept hitting it over and over and finally picked up the coin. It was fine after that.

Just weird stuff like that happens intermittently with just about any online game. Some games' code handles it a bit better, some a bit worse. Rubberbanding is an example of the code trying to correct a mis-communication between the server and client, where the server thinks you're in one place, and the client shows you running to another place, then you bounce back. This is probably what is going on with the randomly disappearing mobs. Your client thinks the mob is in location A, where the server tries to correct it and either the mob is long gone or at location B.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wait till you you get to your 60s and get to level in the swamps. Have fun using a pet there.
    It unsummons randomly whenever you touch the water, even if you're only ankle deep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've had the not being able to pick up items bug before.... to fix it required restarting the client.

Also yesterday I had an odd bug, I was just exiting the south side of Tusk Town when all the sudden a Tauroc Archeon starts wailing on me from out of nowhere, I looked all around me and even up and there was nothing within range that could've been hitting me...... while trying to escape from this invisible enemy I managed to aggro a Foxwing Supreme, when I dropped from the sky to get the foxwing off me, he actually came down to ground level and continued fighting me...... I've NEVER seen an air mob come down to ground level to fight someone before, since I still had the tauroc archeon hitting me as well, I had no choice but to run back into town.... both mobs finally broke aggro leaving me with both my HP and mana nearly fully expended since I had to use a soul transfer.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wait till you you get to your 60s and get to level in the swamps. Have fun using a pet there.
    It unsummons randomly whenever you touch the water, even if you're only ankle deep.

Have fun using a flying pet there. I don't know if it's something to do with the fog but yesterday my phoenix got stuck moving along flat ground, and then later on in mid-air.

The most irritating thing? It never happens when the pet is following you, the time you don't care about what they do. It's always as soon as you send it after a mob that it suddenly decides it doesn't like moving anymore.

EDIT: Speaking of flying pets coming to ground level, try aggroing the elite flying mobs near Sanctuary. My first visit to Sanctuary they followed me all the way to the Village of the Dreaming Cloud where I had to use the Teleport Master to shake off the stupid things, and a few days ago I saw someone accidentally draw them down and get killed. >.<
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    EDIT: Speaking of flying pets coming to ground level, try aggroing the elite flying mobs near Sanctuary. My first visit to Sanctuary they followed me all the way to the Village of the Dreaming Cloud where I had to use the Teleport Master to shake off the stupid things, and a few days ago I saw someone accidentally draw them down and get killed. >.<
    Go into water and they will stop.

They are for a lv70+ quest that came with the expansion.
  • ahzu
    ahzu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Go into water and they will stop.

They are for a lv70+ quest that came with the expansion.
    water?? they are the MOST VICIOUS creature i ever met so far. one f it followed me into Santuary, i dismount from flying and it still hit me. no choice, i jump into the water that flows through Santuary, but it STILL KEEPS attacking me!

guess wat? i have to jump out of the water, summon a pet to fight it...