What is the best duo? PVE wise

RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
RayRayQ - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
I'm currently running a BM+Cleric duo. I'm interested in your opinions about the best duo to PVE in this game. What duo is best for farming? Which is best for FB?
Post edited by RayRayQ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1) Werebeast + Cleric

2) Venomancer + Hercules/Phoenix b:victory
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Barbarian + cleric is the ideal setup for farming and FB runs, but BM + cleric is also a good choice. I normally farm alone as a BM its easy.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    PVE wise (against non boss/elite mobs) a team of dex archer and mag mage would be the best. A properally played dex archer should only get hit once if at all by a regular quest mob. The same goes for a mage.
  • Hadarac - Heavens Tear
    Hadarac - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I believe that you should join Arcadia because we are going to take over all the territories. Pay is 20K a day. We will be amazing!

Hadarac
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wait, you're paying for ppl to join your guild?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Hadarac - Heavens Tear
    Hadarac - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    No. It is they paycheck. If they want to join then they will be paid for their duties and their fighting in the territory wars. do you want to join bobzilla?

Hadarac

"The only way for excellence is to destroy those who oppose it"
  • RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    1) Werebeast + Cleric

2) Venomancer + Hercules/Phoenix b:victory
    Which duo is capable of running FB close to their levels?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Which duo is capable of running FB close to their levels?

Werebeast+cleric, but alone it would take forever to down a boss.
    Back.
  • RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Werebeast+cleric, but alone it would take forever to down a boss.
    The time to down a boss is also one of my concerns. Do you have an idea of how long it will probablly take to down a boss for a werebeast+cleric duo? Thanks.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The time to down a boss is also one of my concerns. Do you have an idea of how long it will probablly take to down a boss for a werebeast+cleric duo? Thanks.

depends on the boss and the lvl difference.

A lvl 20 cleric and lvl 20 WB will take a very long time (maybe 30 mineuts) to down the fb 19 boss seeing as WBs hit for nothing. They are a tanking class and have aggro holding skills. This of course is assuming the cleric is doing nothing but healing.
    Back.
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Two venomancers are actually quite a capable duo because of their ability to heal each others' pets. As long as you make sure one of your pets will hold aggro (by being higher level, or using higher-level skills, or dealing greater damage) then both of you can heal that pet and keep it alive against bosses that would kill a soloing venomancer's pet. And the venomancer's "lure" tactic is one of the most powerful abilities in the game.

You'll be in excellent shape for questing and grinding, and you'll be able to do bosses and fbs sooner than a soloing venomancer. That said, you still won't be able to do them immediately when you get the quest. For example, my friends and I are a team of 3 venos and a cleric, and we're waiting till the venos are all level 63 or higher before we take on the fb51 bosses.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Two venomancers.

A werebeast + cleric isn't actually that good of a combo. Remember, a wb is only used for their high hp and aggro stealing skills. Aggro is useless when you're the only damage dealer and the cleric is a healslave. A warrior is a better solo tank as they can achieve better defenses through their sutras and can tank pure magical or physical bosses while werebeasts are reserved to physical bosses who might use a magic attack every 30 seconds or so. A mage + cleric would also work well for tanking magic only bosses.

I think the only exception to something that would be better tanked as wb+cleric is either the last two bosses of fb70 or hh dungeons wherein the bosses are all level 150. Since armor break to 0 and being way higher in level will basically render defenses useless, a wb's higher hp would be more useful in those situations.

Also um... your venomancers may have problems with fb51 bosses unless they were nerfed across versions. I hope one of you has a hercules?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    2 pure DD mage's
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    blo0dyyay wrote: »
    2 pure DD mage's

Lol GL with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]