Problems with phoenix

Xsilmeriax - Lost City
Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
Alright so, after spending some time levelling phoenix and whatnot, I've run across something that's been bugging the hell out of me.

What is the deal with it getting stuck?
When attacking with phoenix, unless the ground is entirely level and it doesn't have to go uphill, it will stop moving entirely and become "stuck," unable to hit the monster.
Just doing a quest to kill 50 mobs, I had to call my phoenix back to me over 20 times and order it to attack again from a more fitting spot on the map.
I have to do ALL my fighting on my aerogear and have phoenix attack the monsters on the ground from above, because this problem is SO frequent.
Maneuvering over terrain is a HUGE and frustrating problem for such an expensive pet, and it happens A LOT.

to wrap things up, i just think this is a critical problem that should be addressed immediately as it's rather irritating when levelling. :<
Post edited by Xsilmeriax - Lost City on

Comments

• Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Welcome to Air Pet VS Ground mob combat. This is something that's been driving me nuts since good ol' level 8 when I got my original sawfly. I think it's a common problem with every flying pet, and it's especially noticeable when sending it against a mob that kites.

Personally I usually stay on my aerogear whenever I'm fighting with a flying pet, since virtually all mobs aggro at my level it means that my hiero doesn't get battered as much as they will attack my pet a few times, requiring me to heal it, but when they realise they can't reach me they just get bored and run off.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
This discussion has been closed.