Random Acts of Kindness

Aesdrid - Sanctuary
Aesdrid - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Just out of curiosity and just entirely for fun - does your character practice any random acts of kindness for strangers in the game?

I occasionally go fetch a bunch of pet eggs such as Volcanic Magmites, Antelope Pups or Foxwings and drop them around the Pet Trainer and let whoever wants them to pick them up.

Acts of Kindness I have personally witnessed fairly regularly are clerics who just buff me up without asking. This happens quite a lot and it is a really nice touch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every coin has three sides: head, tail and an edge ... it is the third dimension that gives us depth.
Post edited by Aesdrid - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, my character does that a lot, like giving away free arrows to anyone who steps out of the safezone.
  • Aesdrid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, my character does that a lot, like giving away free arrows to anyone who steps out of the safezone.

I love your sense of humor - good one - had me laughing - thanks b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every coin has three sides: head, tail and an edge ... it is the third dimension that gives us depth.
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Free arrows ? Really ? Can I have some ? hahahaha.
    When I can I usually buff or cure players in trouble. Others seem to do that too.
    As for dropping eggs...only during Easter.
  • Kamili - Sanctuary
    Kamili - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I often help others and often die in the process.

PW should not have an XP loss for death, as long as it does so, kindness will be secondary to self preservation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesdrid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    I often help others and often die in the process.

PW should not have an XP loss for death, as long as it does so, kindness will be secondary to self preservation.

The traits of a true hero is their willingness to sacrifice their own well being in order to protect others. I salute and respect your actions with the utmost respect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XeroLan - Heavens Tear
    XeroLan - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I love to buff people as I fly by on my long journeys to Archosaur. I also heal people that I notice are below about 75% health, just to be nice. Just cast a few Ironhearts on them, a few buffs, and whisper a "good luck" for good measure.

I've also noticed a few venos occasionally dropping eggs. I usually grab one and ask anyone in my faction if they'd like it.

Random acts of kindness are the greatest!
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I saw a cleric dedicating himself/herself to healing people during a wraith brawl at Dreaming Stronghold a few weeks ago. As in, opposed to fighting. I guess he/she wasn't high enough to try to fight. Either way, I gave him/her a bit of my element dust haul for the trouble. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I often help kill agro monsters when people are getting mobbed. Also when I'm in a party, I generally stick around until everyone has finished the quest and not just when i'm done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I often help kill agro monsters when people are getting mobbed. Also when I'm in a party, I generally stick around until everyone has finished the quest and not just when i'm done.
    Same here on both. As a barb, I can't buff anyone without teaming with them first, which is usually more trouble than its worth. But I do pay close attention to people nearby, trying to not KS, and go in with axes blazing if someone is overwhelmed. It feels good to help out, whether the person thanks me or not.
  • LadyTwilight - Sanctuary
    LadyTwilight - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If I see someone killing monsters for a quest, I'll remember how irritating and annoying that quest was, so I'll party them and go on a killing spree so they get it done faster. :)

Plus buffing random people is something I do all the time O_o Especially in the starting zones, I mean..these level 1's are getting lv 10 buffs, and are like..whoa :P b:cute
  • Green - Heavens Tear
    Green - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008

that was seriously funny man
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    With my cleric, I always rez anyone I see dead (unless they appear to be in the company of another cleric). My rez is currently 70%, which pleases makes most folks. I sometimes also buff people, though I'm always careful to make sure they don't have identical buff icons on them already. I wouldn't want to override a powder they spent a lot of effort making!

With my venomancer, I sometimes give tank classes my damage-reflecting buff if they don't appear to already have one. And I drop pet eggs I no longer need at the banker in West Archosaur.

Others have helped me in these ways, so I have the feeling I'm "paying it forward."
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I frequently throw Reflect on people as I go past. Mines at 50% now so a lot of people really appreciate it. I'm also known for giving stuff away when the mood strikes me, but one thing I refuse to do, is help a beggar.

I've waded into fights where a person is over taken by mobs to help them, and sometimes getting myself killed for it but it's still worth the trouble.

My faction, Contagion; has started doing Rabbit Hunts. This weekend our first event, Niao a lvl 3 Veno, managed to follow all our clues to find and hand me the last clue item to win 100,000 coin. A friend she had helping her came away with 50,000 coin for being nice enough to help her.

Random acts of kindness and fun things to do... That is the Contagion way!

~Saitada
  • Aesdrid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    It really is refreshing to see so many people willing to go out of their way to help others.

A little bit of trivia: The phrase "Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty" may have been coined by peace activist Anne Herbert. Herbert says she wrote it on a placemat at a Sausalito restaurant in 1982 or 1983. (source: Wikipedia)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I love to help random people around. I usually give them a full set of buffs (except the ones they have already), an Ironheart Blessing and revive if needed when there is no cleric near by they might be teamed up with. Ohh and when monsters attack with an DoT spell I always use Purify on people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Hadarac - Heavens Tear
    Hadarac - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I couldn't care less about others. I just laugh at them dying. and then I just fight the monster and kill it. I mock their weakness. hahahahah
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Whenever I see a priest or blademaster, I always give them a reflect, priests should not have to use it, but it does help a little. Blademasters just use it all the time, so it helps out, even if its only 20% at the moment. I also do the same for barbs, it takes so long for them to kill things.

I also attack mobs when a fellow mage type (Cleric, mage, veno) comes under attack by 2 or 3 mobs, better then letting them die.

Doing these random acts of kindness wound up with me getting some nice level 60+ players from Nefarious to help me out on fb19, got both quests done in 15 minutes.

I also have had some better luck finding herbs for working on my apothecary skill.

So, do some good deeds and karma will repay you.
  • Hadarac - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    I wouldn't waste my MP or energy or time on WEAK PLAYERS. They have no right to play because I will crush them!!!
  • tankhunter
    edited December 2008
    And such an attitude leads to everything falling apart for you at the worst possible moment. Such is the way of Karma.
  • Hadarac - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Yeah sure.... think what you want. I will take over all of Heavens Tear with my guild. And I will mock those whom I defeat. Hahahahahah. Losers... Join me now or risk losing everything. I will exile you all into Misfortune. My new jail.
  • tankhunter
    edited December 2008
    For one, I play on Sanctuary, for two, you are not going to get a guild up and running to be successful for winning your little bet with that kind of attitude, seriously. Next is the fact that this thread is for others to talk about the kind things they have done for others, out of the kindness in their hearts. Not to boast about like some greenhorn who does not know what he is jumping into, in the wrong kind of thread.

Go. Level up, make that guild of yours, and see just how hard it will be to actually manage to get anywhere close to winning that bet thats whipping your backside with a Bull whip with every momment you tarry.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    tankhunter wrote: »
    For one, I play on Sanctuary, for two, you are not going to get a guild up and running to be successful for winning your little bet with that kind of attitude, seriously. Next is the fact that this thread is for others to talk about the kind things they have done for others, out of the kindness in their hearts. Not to boast about like some greenhorn who does not know what he is jumping into, in the wrong kind of thread.

Go. Level up, make that guild of yours, and see just how hard it will be to actually manage to get anywhere close to winning that bet thats whipping your backside with a Bull whip with every momment you tarry.

lol Tank don't waste your time replying to his posts, he's just role playing.b:laugh

On topic: When I'm out of quests to do, I help newbs take out mini bosses like yasheng and farng. I also carry others places when their destination is too far. I would do the same for male chars if I was able to. lol

The ones that turn out to be the most helpful are venos and clerics. I get randomly buffed by them almost every time I go out questing. The fact that there are kind players out there that are willing to take a little time out of their questing to help you out is part of what keeps me playing.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If players need a boss done nearby, like Krixxix or Farng and etc. and I'm not busy, I'll help them kill it. I also give Bramble to random melee people if I happen to pass by. But basically if I'm not busy and it's not out of reach, I help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Occasionally yes. Like when see people need help in lvling, or some items (like DQ) or even boss, will help whenever I can...
  • Alcaeus - Heavens Tear
    Alcaeus - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have been the recipient of a few random buffs (thank you, whoever you are). My cleric is not very high level yet, but I still occasionaly heal people when I notice their health is low as I go by.
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Random buffing has been surprisingly fun. The only people I can't really buff are other clerics, unless I'm in a lower lvl area.
    Plus mp, for clerics, regenerates so fast it barely makes a difference to us. But a +50% dmg to a veno or mage not only speeds up their kills by 50% but reduces their mp healing time. Whenever I'm playing my blademaster random Celestial Seals have just helped out my character a lot, (blademasters never have enough mp).
  • Dusk - Lost City
    Dusk - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Random clerics and venos who buff me are the best. Helps a lot on quests. The only thing I regret about being a barb is that i can't randomly buff people :p
    but yes, random acts of kindness are not left forgotten!
    ☺☻
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Helping out with force and killstealing are separated with very thin line. I've seen player fighting 2 mobs (1 in front and 1 behind) quite often and done the same numerous times. And that's a bit troublesome because if Blademaster has upgraded AoE skills and def buffs like Aura and Phy Marrow-it's not really hard and I have intentionally gone into fights with multiple mobs.
    And got "rescued" from them as well couple of times. I know it looks bad when I take hits from behind by a Tauroc Centurion while fighting Tauroc Valorian and the guy does not have time to check my HP meter or equip so he just comes into aid. And I've never made fuzz about it.
    Guilty of doing the same as well. Is it possible that player has not intended this and thought I have half HP left that's plenty for one more mob before healing. and then got attacked by unexpected other? of course it is. an then he needs help. if he intentionally starts fight with 2 with full HP bar...then he does not want help.
    So I'm always puzzled when seeing this- does he need help or not?
  • Malcuid - Sanctuary
    Malcuid - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    As a Barb, I can't buff people who are i-not in my group.
    But if I see someone being overhwelmed by some creatures I always help if I can.
    Or sometimes I just help someone kill some creatures if I am in the area.
    I always try to answer questions from players but I noticed a lot of people dont even react if you ask anything, instead of saying: I dont know

I did get a lot of random buffs from clerics or oher classes just out of knowwhere and try to thank them if I have the time (hard monsters)
  • tankhunter
    edited December 2008
    Helping out with force and killstealing are separated with very thin line. I've seen player fighting 2 mobs (1 in front and 1 behind) quite often and done the same numerous times. And that's a bit troublesome because if Blademaster has upgraded AoE skills and def buffs like Aura and Phy Marrow-it's not really hard and I have intentionally gone into fights with multiple mobs.
    And got "rescued" from them as well couple of times. I know it looks bad when I take hits from behind by a Tauroc Centurion while fighting Tauroc Valorian and the guy does not have time to check my HP meter or equip so he just comes into aid. And I've never made fuzz about it.
    Guilty of doing the same as well. Is it possible that player has not intended this and thought I have half HP left that's plenty for one more mob before healing. and then got attacked by unexpected other? of course it is. an then he needs help. if he intentionally starts fight with 2 with full HP bar...then he does not want help.
    So I'm always puzzled when seeing this- does he need help or not?

Which is why I do it for the squishy classes, mages, venos, and priests. Barbarians and Baldemasters will do it intentionally so unless they are on really low HP, I do not intervene.