Comments

• Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    none of you agree? b:angry
  • Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well i still think they're a grand idea.
  • Szhira - Sanctuary
    Szhira - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It is not technically possible to change avatar names. If it will ever be possible is beyond my knowledge, because I'm not a developer. I think a GM should make a sticky addressing the Name change CS item suggestion so people will stop asking for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It is possible. I know two people who have had their names changed by the GMs. I know the reason for one was that his name was reported as offensive and was banned for a day before his name was changed. The other I do not know the details.

The problem is that now sometimes their names appear as the old version, and sometimes they appear as the new one. It seems random which one will pop up. Party lists, guild list, chat window, it comes up different in all these places.

However, I do not think that a cash shop item to change names is a good idea. Part of playing a game like this is that as you play for a while, you develop a reputation. It should not be as simple as paying a little money to disappear and change into someone completely different on a whim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There is only one way to change your name.

I know exactly how.

Read on to reveal this secret feature.

It has to be possible, the database probably IDs the characters with a unique GID or such, instead of using the character name or ever-increasing integer, so countless perma-unique IDs stay consistant for eternity. This is so the ID never runs out under even bot attacks and even name changes are possible without mixing up ownerships to items, pets, mail, etc.

And I know how to get your name changed.

Ready?

Sure?

Sure that you're sure?

If you want to have your name changed....

....create a new character with a offensive enough name, run around for a good while for others to see and eventually BOOM! A GM will change your name for you, right after he or she bans you.

b:bye
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active