Seeking BM build suggestions

RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
RayRayQ - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Blademaster
I want to be able to tank well, especially when paired with a cleric. I don't want to PVP a lot, so my emphasis is PVE. Given that, I need to generate the most possible aggo and also mitigate the most possible damage on me. So what's the best build and weapon option for this need as a BM? Your suggestions are highly appreciated.
Post edited by RayRayQ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    6 STR, 1 DEX, 3 VIT every two levels or 6 STR, 2 DEX, 2 VIT every two levels.

Using Axe/Hammer path weapons.
  • RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    6 STR, 1 DEX, 3 VIT every two levels or 6 STR, 2 DEX, 2 VIT every two levels.

Using Axe/Hammer path weapons.
    Thank you for your suggestion. So axe/Hammer builds the best aggo? I see no magic points in your build. But I do use a lot of skills consuming MP. Isn't it better to add some to MP as well? (My initial plan was going to follow blade/sword.)
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thank you for your suggestion. So axe/Hammer builds the best aggo? I see no magic points in your build. But I do use a lot of skills consuming MP. Isn't it better to add some to MP as well? (My initial plan was going to follow blade/sword.)

Yes, Axe/Hammer have the most damage and the most AoEs, so when you start facing 2~3 or more mobs at once, you will be able to fight them all at the same time.

If you add MAG you will regret it in a future. You don't need that much MP, just kill mobs with normal attacks, or use those powders that can be crafted at apothecary, or use potions from time to time.

Like, use an initial skill like Aeolian Blade and then just use normal attacks, using your healing skill from time to time when it's needed (which I think you won't if you are in a party with a Cleric), then use a potion every 3~5 mobs.

When you're at the level of spamming skills when training (60+), you will be able to make plenty of money to buy Gold MP Charms and not having to worry about it.
  • RayRayQ - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    This is really great advice. I have put several points into MAG but not many. I'll switch to Axe/Hammer build and follow what you guys suggested. BTW, any suggestion to the build of a cleric to pair with?
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    This is really great advice. I have put several points into MAG but not many. I'll switch to Axe/Hammer build and follow what you guys suggested. BTW, any suggestion to the build of a cleric to pair with?

You're best bet in cleric advice is checking out the cleric section of the forums.

Im leveling a alt with a friend who's a cleric.

It's pretty much min stats for weps / armors rest into magic.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.