PW Map w/ Co-ord Grid

TheTot - Heavens Tear
TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Thanks to yours truly, a ton of screenies, and a couple of hours in good old Photoshop, there's a PW world map with the coordinates on it. As far as I know, something like this hasn't been done yet or at least released to the public. Sorry if it has. Leave your comments.

http://lawlocaust.freezoka.com/pwi/pwmapwcoords.html
Post edited by TheTot - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Seems to me that it is incorrect, the y axis is missing 100 and 200. You jump straight to 300, while the x axis starts the same area as 100.

Reasoning behind this?
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    tankhunter wrote: »
    Seems to me that it is incorrect, the y axis is missing 100 and 200. You jump straight to 300, while the x axis starts the same area as 100.

Reasoning behind this?

Read what I wrote underneath the picture.

Unless I'm just really stupid and didn't figure out how to do it (fairly confident that's not the case), you can't go any farther south than 300. Actually it's like 294 or something like that, but once you get that far your character stops moving and the map says "Unavailable". I used my elf to travel as far south-west as I could, which was something like 91,294 but I don't actually remember. From there I went to 100,300 and took a screen shot of my map. Then I continued north-east until I got to 200,400; 300,500; 400,600 and so on and so forth.

I don't know why Perfect World Entertainment chose to begin at 100 and 300 but whatever their reasoning, I assure you my map is correct.
  • Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I can't verify ingame, but it seems right. Locations in Tusk Town (Southernmost town) are always in the 4xx 3xx range, and those in Archo are in the 5xx 6xx range.

You can't go under the 300's in Y. There is no reasoning for that: just see for yourself. Maybe that part of the map will be available in a future expansion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    I can't verify ingame, but it seems right. Locations in Tusk Town (Southernmost town) are always in the 4xx 3xx range, and those in Archo are in the 5xx 6xx range.

You can't go under the 300's in Y. There is no reasoning for that: just see for yourself. Maybe that part of the map will be available in a future expansion?

I also speculated on that on the page the map is on. ^_^ I thought that because if you look to the left of the map, it goes straight to the darkened colour. There's no land or anything, right at the edge of what you can explore is instantly fades. But when you look at the bottom section, there is still distinguishable land beyond the area you can explore. xD
  • Makeda - Sanctuary
    Makeda - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What is wrong with you all?

The guy spent his personal time creating this map, which actually will prove invaluable to many of us. Instead of pointing out the nuances of what he might have done wrong, not a single one showed gratitude for his hard work.

So on behalf of everyone on PWI, THANK YOU. The map looks beautiful.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    What is wrong with you all?

The guy spent his personal time creating this map, which actually will prove invaluable to many of us. Instead of pointing out the nuances of what he might have done wrong, not a single one showed gratitude for his hard work.

So on behalf of everyone on PWI, THANK YOU. The map looks beautiful.

Thank you very much. =D You have no idea how much that means. ^_^
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    nice one!

I wish they would overlday that grid on the actual in game map, maybe we can request it ^^
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Great job! I have wanted to do this often myself. TYSM b:pleased
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    nice one!

I wish they would overlday that grid on the actual in game map, maybe we can request it ^^

I would like it too, but right now I guess we'll just have to settle for this. I'm glad you like it!
  • ballsy
    ballsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    For the missing co-ords my guess is thats its something to do with the event areas i.e. Dragon palace, Race event and so on. Also perhaps NightScream Island, you get co-ords when inside I've just never bothered to write them down.

EDIT: Nightscream is given co-ords of 350-450,500-600 roughly so there goes that idea.
  • Medicjerk - Sanctuary
    Medicjerk - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanx i was going to do the same kind of map, saved me.b:victory
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Sweet.
    Good Job Home Slice.
    Back.
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well done this could come in handy.
  • XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear
    XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thank god I didn't have to do this myself... would have taken forever...

Thanks for putting in the effort. I will use it often.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well done - this is a good map :).

You must have lots of lovely screenies too!
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Well done - this is a good map :).

You must have lots of lovely screenies too!

I don't know if I'd say lovely, more like a bunch of arrows on the map. ^_^

Thank you everyone, I'm really glad you all like it. It took my about an hour in photoshop to make, and took about an hour to get all the screenies. In the end it wasn't all that hard, just really tedious and annoying lol. But thankfully it's all done now and out of the way. =D

thanks for all the comments.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    http://www.ampota.com/pw/perfect-world-map/

not the same , good effort on your part
  • Jordanfox - Heavens Tear
    Jordanfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Already bookmarked it, thanks a bunch for putting it together!
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Unless I'm just really stupid and didn't figure out how to do it (fairly confident that's not the case), you can't go any farther south than 300. Actually it's like 294 or something like that, but once you get that far your character stops moving and the map says "Unavailable".

Just as a note, GMs are able to go beyond that area, because the devs actually took the care to make ALL the spots shown on the map. How do I know this? Well...back when I was on PW Japan, a friend of mine got banned (for being from USA), but it happened while they were in-game. The GM teleported them to an island south beyond the barrier and after asking a few questions, (That they were obviously unable to answer, not knowing the language) they were informed that they were "banned" and left stuck there in sealed mode on the island. (Meaning, no skills allowed, no teleporting, no flying, etc.) Quite the experience indeed. At any rate, the map DOES extend further, we just can't access it by means within the RoC xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Makeda - Sanctuary
    Makeda - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Now THAT is what I am talking about, finally some gratitude to the one who devoted his time to this so we don't have to :)

Well done again!
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i've posted this in Rare Pets thread long time ago, but i guess it can be used for other things too :P
    MAP
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Gotta admit guys you kind of shot my horse down by posting those way cooler maps...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i searched perfect world coordinate map in google long ago( what i posted was one of first hits) when i needed for some quest, yours is good for getting general idea of areas and actually learning the map
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Bumpageeeee