Archers and their annoying misses.

Bombchu - Lost City
Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Archer
It kind of bugs me. >_>

Like, my archer is 59 atm (almost 60 sFJsfhdsjkhsh :3 ) and she is built for mostly dex (15 vit I put in during low levels, the rest is 1 str, 4 dex per level.)

Her accuracy is 1922, and on the mob bar, it shows her with a hit rate generally between 95-98%.

However, she'll still miss...quite noticeably. Like, some mobs she'll miss 2-3 times during its kill, possibly more. This occurs with any type of weapon I've used, even on mobs muuuuch lower than me, when I was helping a friend do her quests fast.

So I am wondering... (Since archer is the only class I've really played so far besides a bit of my veno) is the dodge rate on mobs THAT severe, or..what? Seeing as how archers are supposed to have the best accuracy, its strange to me to miss so much. D:!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Nostalgia]
The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Post edited by Bombchu - Lost City on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    thank you for saying this ive thought the same 98% accu and miss twice in a row, or miss once every few mobs just doesn't seem right
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    xD Yeah, I made sure to talk to a few other archers about it too before posting. It just doesn't seem appropriate for archers. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • EhrdeXero - Heavens Tear
    EhrdeXero - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i was about to post the same thing

it's really infuriating when u miss as much as u crit when u have 98% hit on a mob and 16% crit... b:angry

wtf is up? is there some hidden attribute we're missing here?
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well, the answer to this question is kinda bit simple if u notice it....

archers accuracy only works in human v.s human...

as for the mobs, i think its the fact that they hit us alot even our dodge rate is huge. And i think it also takes effect in hit rate in mobs...

a good example is BM
    cause BM's hit rate (axe types) isnt that high but they do miss 2-4 times on mobs as well as WB only even at later lvl. Wherein we archers also miss like 1-3 times per mob...

so if i put it in short sentence, mobs are in fixed state regadring dodge and hit.

(we can say that our dex helps a little in the fixed rate status of mobs but not too much to see the effect)..

well, there's no chance we miss at PVP anyways aside from our own kind or a fist BM ^^ and we do kill mobs even b4 hitting us.
  • Raywall_ - Lost City
    Raywall_ - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    this botheres me too
    my worst experience was 4 misses on the same mob; i looked at the 98 % hit rate and i said to myself that something really unholly just happened b:laugh

now seriously if i see 98 % hit chance than i should expect that rate to be real or else why is it there?

can an admin clarify this issue?
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    pabling wrote: »

as for the mobs, i think its the fact that they hit us alot even our dodge rate is huge. And i think it also takes effect in hit rate in mobs...

a good example is BM
    cause BM's hit rate (axe types) isnt that high but they do miss 2-4 times on mobs as well as WB only even at later lvl. Wherein we archers also miss like 1-3 times per mob...

so if i put it in short sentence, mobs are in fixed state regadring dodge and hit.

(we can say that our dex helps a little in the fixed rate status of mobs but not too much to see the effect)..

well, there's no chance we miss at PVP anyways aside from our own kind or a fist BM ^^ and we do kill mobs even b4 hitting us.

so this would mean that when i only do PVE i dont need any accuracy = no need to "lvl" it via shards, armor ....
    and that there is also no need to "lvl" up evasion, when mobs are on fixed dodge and hit rates vs. us ppl
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    pabling wrote: »

Uhh, the accuracy is stated in the MONSTER status window, not your character's status window. The hit chances are for MONSTERS specifically. Accuracy heightens those hit chances. Accuracy only working for PvP is ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Uhh, the accuracy is stated in the MONSTER status window, not your character's status window. The hit chances are for MONSTERS specifically. Accuracy heightens those hit chances. Accuracy only working for PvP is ridiculous.
    Yes, and that bar says 98/99%.

In most cases we have at least a 50/50 chance of missing at least one shot while attempting to kill any given monster. The rate of accuracy is much lower than that bar says... I'd put it somewhere between 80% and 90%, personally.

So, basically: /signed :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    maybe mobs have evasion that change the percentage a bit? It sort of makes sense.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • fleuri
    fleuri Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have been wondering if that evasion% I see in monsters' status bars was my evasion or theirs
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    your evasion, if that number is correct is another story
  • smallpoxx
    smallpoxx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What annoys me even more is the phenomenom of missing kill shots. What happens is this. If the next shot will kill the mob, and the mob is in the middle of casting, using a skill or doing anything other than doing a normal attack, the killing shot will miss for me about 75% of the time, making it so the mob will always get off 1 last shot before it dies. Is it me, or is it because I notice these more often because it's so frustrating...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    smallpoxx wrote: »
    What annoys me even more is the phenomenom of missing kill shots. What happens is this. If the next shot will kill the mob, and the mob is in the middle of casting, using a skill or doing anything other than doing a normal attack, the killing shot will miss for me about 75% of the time, making it so the mob will always get off 1 last shot before it dies. Is it me, or is it because I notice these more often because it's so frustrating...

i think we just notice it more, ill try to check later but i know i notice i kill a mob while its casting sometimes(cant be that rare then) and just makes me woot
  • Arekaine - Heavens Tear
    Arekaine - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Pretty sure there is some mathimatical equasion to your hit rate vs thier dodge rate, Like your hit % - thier evade % / your dex = X. Probably a lot more complicated of course. But you never know. There migbht be some random dice rolling program running in the background lol
  • Raywall_ - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    there are two options here:
    1. if the % is displayed wrong fix it
    2. if that % means something else than make sure that everybody knows exactly what it is

i have only 1 complain about this game and it's all about hit % chance; my charm ticks often because of this and it's a big problem
    if i sacrifice my hp and deff i do it so i will be able to finish the mob before it gets to me; with this misses all the sacrifice is for nothing
  • fleuri
    fleuri Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Their numbers seem correct, to me.
  • Mhikan - Heavens Tear
    Mhikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2008

sry i think u misunderstood me, yeah i know about that hit rate and evasion rate below the monster.......but im pretty much sure that OUR* hit rate on monster (mainly 98-99%) is a little bit confusing...

try to ask a cleric (same lvl as urs) to hit monster (bare hand) and ask them how much they miss on it, im pretty much sure they will miss bout 3-4 on that mob (even with only 5 dex)

and u try to hit the same monster (bare hand) and compare ur misses with the cleric, im pretty much sure the misses are a bit the same...(even ur dex is at 200+)

so basically, thats what im referring to mobs dodge rate...b:victory
  • yllarius
    yllarius Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Maybe it's not our hit rate thats the problem, maybe it's the monsters dodge rate.

I was thinking earlier this morning when I was playing that maybe the computer 'rolls' to see if you hit (IE. rolls 1d100 and gets a 50, your rate is 98%, anything less than 98 hits, to put in DnD terms.) then rolls to see if the monster dodged. (IE. 1d100, gets a 10, monsters dodge rate is 15% so it dodged.)

Basically what I'm saying is, maybe the hit rate and dodge arn't part of the same algorithm?

Just a thought....
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2008

this^ lol. mob is at like 2% hp and its about to start casting so and ofc ur arrow misses and you take that extra damage. even worse the next shot is usually like a high damage crit zzzz
  • ravenhart
    ravenhart Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008

My complaint is slightly different. Yes I've noticed that somehow despite our disgustingly high dexterity we miss a lot. However I've had so many times when the afore mentioned mob is dead, and I take that one last hit. I understand it when its like a spell or projectile in midflight just hasn't hit me but I've taken one last melee hit after I have killed something on numerous occassions.
  • Veloure - Heavens Tear
    Veloure - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My complaint is slightly different. Yes I've noticed that somehow despite our disgustingly high dexterity we miss a lot. However I've had so many times when the afore mentioned mob is dead, and I take that one last hit. I understand it when its like a spell or projectile in midflight just hasn't hit me but I've taken one last melee hit after I have killed something on numerous occassions.

I can accept your phenomenom much better than my own kill shot misses. What you most likely are experiencing is a bit of lag. Many times I would kill a mob with an arrow or a skill, and I'd see it go down and loot drop. I'd run up to pickup it up and I'd see an arrow flying out in front of me, and dmg numbers pop up above where the dead mob is. What you're seeing is just the opposite of this. It already got out that last shot, it's just the lag monster got to it before your shot did.
  • bobzilla21
    edited December 2008
    no, I've actually seen my archer miss 3 times in a row. And when I say miss, I mean the words actually pop up above the mob.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Sagemonger - Heavens Tear
    Sagemonger - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    They probably have some bogus algorithm going on like Character hit rate % - Monster evasion % = accuracy % ..... would make sense for such an occasion, but I do make some wacky theories at times...
  • MoonRider - Sanctuary
    MoonRider - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    oh **** that
    I just put some average shards in my weapon...
    'cause I thought.. wow.. with 1.5k accuracy I still miss.. more accuracy time, more AMBER!!

Now I know why Garnet shard costs more...

However I think evasion works fine.. when pvp.
    A level 54 mage hits me about 5/100 with normal attacks. I am level 44.
  • _XiaoQiao - Sanctuary
    _XiaoQiao - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i have experienced all that has been said >< i would like to bring in snowmen, it has 100% hit and i yet miss them, most 3 times in a row, i cant stress enough that i miss to most of my mobs, i am a full dex (str for armor) archer and i fail in my duty as an archer to miss this much, if this were to be fixed it would be a very big help, thanks.
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree that this game is pretty ridiculous about misses, and the fact that the numbers under the monster don't mean squat.

I wouldn't be surprised if the number you get when you hover over your pdef (the % reduction) wasn't right either.

Take aim and lightning shot seem to miss the most >.> and coincidentally, those are the skills that you invest the most on (one has channeling time, the other has a huge mp cost).

With maximum allowable dex and TAKING TIME TO AIM AT THE MOB you'd think you wouldn't miss.

This is why I went cleric after a while, it just pissed me off not only that the numbers lie, but that no GM seems to care. No admin seems to care. This problem has been around for ages, and noone's even offered an explanation. I'd like to wonder what all the cash shop money is going to ._.

I don't even mind if the hit rates don't change, I just would like to either have the numbers removed completely, or make them acurately reflect your chances of hitting/dodging.

Oh and for getting hit/shooting the enemy even after it dies, in 99% of the games I've played, this is because an "attack" is considered activated after the first frame (as soon as the monster decides to attack you, and you're in range). Even if it dies before then, the attack goes through, because he succeeded in initiating the attack. The only "delay" is the fact that the monster/you have a set aspd, and an animation you must follow through on. Technically the damage has already been calculated, and will be subtracted after the animation shows that it hits.
  • bobzilla21
    edited January 2009
    xlovex wrote: »
    Take aim and lightning shot seem to miss the most >.> and coincidentally, those are the skills that you invest the most on (one has channeling time, the other has a huge mp cost).

I agree with the lightning shot one, not so much for take aim, but my knockback and stuns seem to have a strangely high miss rate...i once missed knockback, aim low, and stunning arrow one after another...it was kind of frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    oh **** that
    I just put some average shards in my weapon...
    'cause I thought.. wow.. with 1.5k accuracy I still miss.. more accuracy time, more AMBER!!

Now I know why Garnet shard costs more...

However I think evasion works fine.. when pvp.
    A level 54 mage hits me about 5/100 with normal attacks. I am level 44.

test it out on a wb or bm they miss alot to but not as muc as a mage(then again there dex is 5 unless there la build)
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hit and evasion is bugged in this version, thats all.
  • Raywall_ - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    i posted in the Technical Support Zone and asking an admin to check this thread but i think my thread was deleted so i really don't know what to think

I wonder is it so hard to get an answer like "we are going to check it" ...