Magic tank? Roar, worth using?

Options
redonyou
redonyou Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Venomancer
I asked some of these in another thread, but rather than hijack that thread, I figured I should just start a new one.

Lately I've considering leveling up a 3rd pet, basically as a magic tank. I still haven't made up my mind between a frog, bear cub or the carapest, but I was just thinking with all 3 of them having much lower attack than the golem they might run into trouble holding agro.

So I got to wondering if it would even be worth using bash on them since their attack horrible anyhow, could roar be used for them to maintain agro? If so, is it good enough to use howl and them still keep agro off me? I don't really want to spend over a million coins experimenting =P.

Lastly, if any of you guys use 1 of these 3 pets would sort of skills to use with them? Thanks!
Post edited by redonyou on

Comments

• Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I think of the three the frog is the best as a magic tank; its higher attack makes it much better at keeping aggro than the dodo. I don't know too much about the carapest. If you're only going to be using it for PvE, I would level bash for any of the three, because I'd say that's the best at holding aggro. Roar also works, but without another skill your pet wouldn't be doing a sizable amount of damage, so you'd basically have to kill mobs yourself without any help from your pet.
  • redonyou
    redonyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yea, I was thinking about trying a shadou cub with howl and roar. Howl for him to contribute some offense despite his horrid attack rating, but that would be depending solely on roar for agro basically. Another option I guess would be some skill I saw listed called Penetrate, that does like 1000 damage +100% of base attack at rank 5, so it wouldn't be as effected by his bad attack rating. I have no idea where that skill is from though.

So I'm really just curious how good roar is.