Just how many heavies are there?

Options
Danni - Heavens Tear
Danni - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Venomancer
Most of the time when I party up with new people they're shocked to see heavy armor on a veno, I've seen two others myself. Now I'm wondering how many heavy build venos there are across all of the servers.
Post edited by Danni - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I have one, but she's only level 12.

Not sure exactly how to base the build off of but I'm just experimenting. ^^ Hoping it turns out well when I get that extra melee damage thing and so on.
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I just started one, too :)
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    there are a few in Lost City, and lvl 70+
    i even saw a Heaven veno, and i guess it was heavy (can't be sure, was naked)
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Danni - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The damage is pretty good with melee mastery, though I can't really say much for before it, I converted to this at about 56.

You probably won't hit very hard considering the amount of magic required to use the weps but you'll hit faster than almost everything, I seem to remember something being 1.34/sec, and you'll be pretty accurate.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I know Mieze is a light armor sage veno. And Celerity is a heavy armor veno. Both on Lost City. Not sure of the others though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ianikha - Heavens Tear
    Ianikha - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    There's a heavy in my guild; Serpenia. She prefers the way it enables her to fight. Took a while for her to sort out her build but she's doing fine it seems, she hted robe wearing so started again, lol.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Ihave one in the work too. Only level 19 so far. Playing it while I'm bored playing my main

<---Veno addict
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm intending to switch my mage veno to heavy armor veno and perhaps, concentrate on fox's skill too. But it will be a waste in those mage skill. So was still considering and wondering about it.
    Heard from others that a Hard Armour Veno can be a better tanker than Barbs... And the attack is much more stronger than Barb too...
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Veno with HA can not tank like WB tho they can be the third tank in group if WB and BM went down to give cleric sometime to revive.

I was thinkering between LA and HA but went with LA since LA is cheaper to get and some quest give nice LA stuffs, could use some money on my pets.

At the end of the day, I will have both lines complete with selected skills I need for both PvE and PvP.
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I myself play a HA Veno and love it.

If you know what you're doing, you can get a fairly decent weapon early and then concentrate on STR and later on VIT.

HA Venos can definitely be a force to reckon with if built correctly, and more importantly, if played correctly.
  • graider
    graider Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The only trick to making a GOOD h.a. veno is checking your gear 2-3 levels before you can wear it. Make absolutely sure you don't spend your points until you check at the blacksmith and tailor.

The heavy armor veno is great, I have 2 myself, out of my 3 venos.

You do have to know your skills, and be prepared to use the level 1 magic skills when you have to, don't buy higher than level 1 though.

If you take this path, I highly suggest being an apothecary and blacksmith. Life powder is godly awesome for any 'low hp' melee character, and if you can make 2 star weapons, you can relax on your point micro-management.
    If the best defense is a good offense, why did I even show up?

If a train is going east at 50 mph and another train is going west at 90 mph, where do they...Never gonna give you up~ Never gonna let you down~Never gonna run around~and hurt you~

If you've got this far, you've been rick-rolled.
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I wonder what's the stats build for HA veno?
    I read the Main guide on Venomancer Guider, but can't understand what it means. Can anyone give me an enlightened on it?

Example:
    Every 2 level
    3 str / 1 dex / 2 Mag / 5 vit

Also, is it advisable to go for HA with pure fox skill?
    What kind of skill should be max?
  • graider
    graider Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    NecroVal, there is no set point build for H.A. Veno, you have to stat to your equipment. Typically, you either sacrafice vit for better items, or wear lower level gear for higher hp.

I put points into only what I need for better equipment. If I have 2 levels to increase my str by 6 points, I dump 6 points into it, and save the rest. Let's say that out of the remaining 4 points, I need to increase my magic by 9 to use my next weapon 1 level after the 2 I just got. I will add the remaining points into Mag.

For heavy armor there are no skills you require other than fox skills. I do suggest getting the spell 'skills' at their minimum rank. Sometimes you just need the range of spells.
    If the best defense is a good offense, why did I even show up?

If a train is going east at 50 mph and another train is going west at 90 mph, where do they...Never gonna give you up~ Never gonna let you down~Never gonna run around~and hurt you~

If you've got this far, you've been rick-rolled.
  • Toxickiss - Heavens Tear
    Toxickiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm a Veno that wears heavy! I however created my own build and I wear my heavy armor At Level, Meaning my lvl is high enough to wear lvl 7 heavy armor so I am wearing heavy. And My weapon is only 1-2 lvls below what I can carry for my lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Emsins - Heavens Tear
    Emsins - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well I just started my character and I go for a light armor build, but as long as I can heavy armor with my level I wear that for the extra HP. When my Strength gets too low for heavy armor I'll switch to light armor.
  • Autumnflower - Heavens Tear
    Autumnflower - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I never use lightest armor. Heavy armor is better! b:victory
  • Danni - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Once I converted to heavy fox I never saw the point in light armor. If you need physical def go with heavy, if you need magic use robes (which the magic wep will require more magic than), if you need both then use a mixture of the two. Having 3 stats to focus on is too much in my opinion.

On a side note, proving the "venos can't pvp" people wrong has been hilarious.
  • Barra - Lost City
    Barra - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm a heavy armor built veno. I love the tanking ability, it's great for solo. It's not so great in a party because I can't hold aggro. I depend on my pet to deal damage because I don't hit as hard as I did with spells. Healing my pet is also a bit troublesome. I do like this build better than robes and light armor though I've found it harder to level, well not really harder.. just more time consuming I suppose.
  • TehFoxeh - Heavens Tear
    TehFoxeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    My Veno, TehKitteh on Lost City is a Melee Venomancer, but she's level 9 and has light armor at the moment