Invasion event

Options
Drazo - Heavens Tear
Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Will we need to switch to PK mode? And will we lose EXP for dying?

Is it worth joining in, sitting back at a safe distance and watch (and laugh) or avoiding it all entirely? b:victory
Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
Post edited by Drazo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If it's anything like the "Kill the GM" event, none of it will matter because everything will be one big ball of lag. :P

Sorry that's not particularly helpful, but... yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Will we need to switch to PK mode? And will we lose EXP for dying?

Is it worth joining in, sitting back at a safe distance and watch (and laugh) or avoiding it all entirely? b:victory

watching it is much better. you get nothing but death, pking and lag if you join in.
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    one of the GM's asked me to post the following:

For the Invasion Event this afternoon, you will not have to turn PK mode on.

Also keep in mind that with the 1.5x bonus XP going on this week, you have a chance to get some serious XP!

In order to alleviate some of the lag and make it more fair for people of all levels, we're going to be splitting the Invasion event up into two areas. One area will be for players under level 50. The other area will be for players above level 50. The mobs summoned at these areas will match up better with the level range of the players involved.

The event will still take in and around Pierced Heart Lake. The GMs will separate the groups from there, so keep an eye out for their instructions beforehand.

Again, the event times on each server are as follows (in Pacific Time):

Heaven's Tear 2:30 p.m.
    Lost City: 3:00pm
    Sanctuary: 3:30pm
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Also keep in mind that with the 1.5x bonus XP going on this week, you have a chance to get some serious XP!

Or lose some serious XP. b:laugh

I reached over level 50 just in time then, but I'll be among the weakest of the 50+'s. b:surrender
    Non-mule alts:

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »

To the best of my knowledge, bosses don't give much xp, unless you use a call of duty tablet in the FB...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    To the best of my knowledge, bosses don't give much xp, unless you use a call of duty tablet in the FB...

thats what i was thinking QFT
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    QFT also.

And to Dvorak / whoever else came up with the idea, it's a great one, thanks for it. :D Though I dunno if it'll do much about the lag... I guess we can hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    QFT also.

And to Dvorak / whoever else came up with the idea, it's a great one, thanks for it. :D Though I dunno if it'll do much about the lag... I guess we can hope.

Hopefully by having 2 separate invasion encounter locations per server we can reduce the lag even if only somewhat.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    As I expected, some lost more EXP then they gained. b:laugh

I shall be posting (lots of) screenies soon. b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

• Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    no bonus for cleric revivers? resurrected already 70 players with lvl 8 revive..... :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    getting pked repeatedly by level 90+ people in the under 50 area was so much fun...the GMs did a great job of separating everyone. NOT
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    See the heaven's tear screenshots here - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=130312 b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

• dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    odb wrote: »
    getting pked repeatedly by level 90+ people in the under 50 area was so much fun...the GMs did a great job of separating everyone. NOT
    The separation was not to avoid PvP, it was to differentiate between the levels of the bosses that were being summoned. If you were in the low-level group and got PK'd repeatedly, then my advice to you would be "cry more noob" because you made that choice when you decided to play on a PvP server.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • Antago - Lost City
    Antago - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    dtz wrote: »
    The separation was not to avoid PvP, it was to differentiate between the levels of the bosses that were being summoned. If you were in the low-level group and got PK'd repeatedly, then my advice to you would be "cry more noob" because you made that choice when you decided to play on a PvP server.

Wow, what a point you've made. So from now on all replies to posts about being KS'ed should contain something along the lines of: "Cry more noob, because you made that choice when you decided to play on a NON-PvP server."? That would really solve all problems. I applaud you... not.

Regarding odb's statement:
    I for one love the pk-frenzy that's bound to occur, but the lower level you are, the tougher it gets to really enjoy events like this on Lost City.
    Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible for people to attack monsters in a safe zone? Perhaps the GM's could create a zone like this that they allocate for future events if they want an event where a level 35 player can actually focus on the event, instead of staying away from people that hold green (or better) weapons :) Have one in this (remote) safe zone with lower level bosses, and the other in a normal one.

Anyhow, it's just a thought. I don't even know if it's (easily) possible. All I know is that providing a thought like this is at least a lot more constructive than just mindlessly cussing at someone else that just granted some feedback.