About the new Expansion...Could a GM please answer this?

Magiterry - Lost City
Magiterry - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
I am just wondering if any new game engine upgrades will be implemented in the new expansion when it come out. As in the game will run smoother on newer/modern equipment. you know...lol maybe multi-core proc. support?

I was just wondering since nomrlaly for an expansion you have to build it from the ground up...just wanting to know! =p
Post edited by Magiterry - Lost City on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I am just wondering if any new game engine upgrades will be implemented in the new expansion when it come out. As in the game will run smoother on newer/modern equipment. you know...lol maybe multi-core proc. support?

I was just wondering since nomrlaly for an expansion you have to build it from the ground up...just wanting to know! =p

pretty sure the definition of expansion is not building something from the ground up.. its tacking stuff onto whats already built, this game runs prettyfast on multicore pcs unless your graphics card is uh...on board
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There are no drastic changes to the engine that runs PWI with this expansion. Sorry to break the bad news to ya. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magiterry - Lost City
    Magiterry - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    pretty sure the definition of expansion is not building something from the ground up.. its tacking stuff onto whats already built, this game runs prettyfast on multicore pcs unless your graphics card is uh...on board

ahh thanks for that smart assy comment =]

and my gfx is an ATI 4870. and they CAN build it all from the ground up. IF they wanted to make the game run smoother on modern tech. and the game was coded about 3-4 years ago, so it really doesnt run THAT smooth on multi-proc machines because the game wasnt coded to take advantage of them.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ahh thanks for that smart assy comment =]

and my gfx is an ATI 4870. and they CAN build it all from the ground up. IF they wanted to make the game run smoother on modern tech. and the game was coded about 3-4 years ago, so it really doesnt run THAT smooth on multi-proc machines because the game wasnt coded to take advantage of them.

it wasnt that smart ****...its not running smooth on a 4870? damn im still running an old x1950 series and its smooth on max settings (although i have changed a few settings for normal gameplay to make it easier to fight near trees if they dont have the extra textures and such )
    maybe ram?
    yes CAN build it but expansion= EXPANDING not a new version completely ffs.
    and i ment if you have a multi core its prolly fast with decent cache so this game doesnt even need more then 1 core