Newb question: I have lv 2 flight mastery. Why is my flight speed the same?

Options
lance522003
lance522003 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Cleric
I am currently level 15, and the skill description says that my flight speed should increase by 0.4....
but it hasn't
Post edited by lance522003 on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That's invisible, but it IS working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • lance522003
    lance522003 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Really? I find that kind of strange.
    When my WB uses his tiger skill to run faster, the meters/second increase is clearly visible.
    I couldn't imagine why the programmers wouldn't take the time to put it on elf wings as well o.O
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Because what is shown in the status is the GROUND speed. A tiger gains ground speed, so that's visible. Wing Mastery is AIR speed. Aerocrafts add a certain amount to the ground speed, and that's the flight speed. Flight mastery is therefore not visible, because it'd have to edit the wing's speed stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • heallore
    heallore Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Ok so it dont update speed and your speed dont change. I have a lvl 1 cleric on another PC with no skills, and a lvl 21 Cleric with lvl 3 and after 30 seconds side by side still right next to each other.

I'm positive that speed didn't change based on the Flight Mastery Skill.

To add to that I show a wing speed of 4.8m/sec, and the Elvin Radiance show 3.5m/sec (hasted) and even with all the widgets in the world those cant take you faster than 4.8m/sec yet they pass me by all day in Archosaur. So default speed is 4.8m/sec and should be able to blow away purchased wings...
  • Kelebek - Sanctuary
    Kelebek - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    As Amiris said, flight speed isn't shown, only running speed.

Level 3 flight mastery only adds 0.6, which isn't very much, you will hardly see any difference against someone with level 0 mastery, the bonus isn't as big as you seem to expect it to be.

Flight mastery only affects the wings you start with, natural elven wings, and it does NOT affect elven radiance or any other kind of wings.

It seems the speed isn't consistent between flying and running, 2.00 m/s flying speed is like as fast as someone running on the floor at 4.8 m/s, they use the same unit of measurement, but they don't relate, it should be changed really.
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I believe fyling base speed is 1.5 and then +whatever...

Speed on Char option is now shown, and neither you will notice a change in speed, its only a +0.2 m/s.
  • heallore
    heallore Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    As Amiris said, flight speed isn't shown, only running speed.

Level 3 flight mastery only adds 0.6, which isn't very much, you will hardly see any difference against someone with level 0 mastery, the bonus isn't as big as you seem to expect it to be.

Ok same level 1 cleric using the eagle wings I got from a lvl 30 quest. I out run those wings easily noticable in a very short distance, but I cannot outrun the default level 1 natural wings even though I have level 6 flight mastery now and both of us using our default white wings.
    Put your mouse over the white wings and you get Normal Speed: +0 and the Eagle Wings say Normal speed: +.5
  • Kelebek - Sanctuary
    Kelebek - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    But with your flight mastery your natural wings have 0.6, and the eagle wings only 0.5.
  • ArrowPhenom - Sanctuary
    ArrowPhenom - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    WHATEVER YOU DO...

DON'T UPGRADE FLIGHT MASTERY!!!

ONLY AFFECTS THE LVL 1 WINGS AND USELESS ONCE YOU GET YOUR EAGLE WINGS!

ok now that i've said that, just don't get it. it's a waste of spirit and money
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    WHATEVER YOU DO...

ok now that i've said that, just don't get it. it's a waste of spirit and money

But if you want to be faster, keep the eagle wings for yourself/general use (use em if you want to) and keep the natural wings for traveling.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It seems the speed isn't consistent between flying and running, 2.00 m/s flying speed is like as fast as someone running on the floor at 4.8 m/s, they use the same unit of measurement, but they don't relate, it should be changed really.
    With lv10 mastery, i fly faster than tiger barbs on land.
    So yea, i do belive the speed is related to walk speed.
    WHATEVER YOU DO...

Angel wings with mastery lv10 = +2.0 speed
    Angel wings = +0.5 speed
    Cheap Boutique wings = +0.5 speed
    Very Expensive Boutique wings = +3.0 speed

Yes, its worth investing on mastery until you start doing TW for real, when the acceleration will be necessary on many situations.