The flying and manufacturing cleric

Aerwyna - Heavens Tear
Aerwyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
Hello!

I had a few questions about clerics that aren't stat or skill related. Hope that will be a nice change ^__^;

My first question is about clerics and flying. So far I noticed that clerics are the only ones who can really fly at level 1. I don't count archers because they can't fly decently until their MP regen is much higher or when they use MP recovery items. I read somewhere that the skill 'Flight Mastery' only affects our white angel wings. Is there any use for us to use the other wings if we get this skill? I was also wondering about the speed between our white angel wings + maxed flight mastery against cash shop flying devices for elves. Are their speeds the same or are the cash shop flying devices the same or even better? Also how does one lower their height while flying? >__< I noticed the spacebar makes me go higher but how can you lower your height again?

Second question is about clerics and manufacturing. As far as I heard clerics are quite low on spirit points and coins so is it smart for us to get the manufacturing skills at level 5 already? Some feedback on this is much appreciated. Also which manufacturing skill(s) do you recommend for a cleric?

Thank you in advance for your advice and help and I hope can find the questions in these miniwalls of text x__x my apologies for that.
Post edited by Aerwyna - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Flight mastery does indeed only affect your starter wings. However, max upgraded boutique wings are faster. Also, when fighting in the air, the white wings aren't all too useful. Decide early on whether you'll continue to use the white wings, or switch to others later.
    Lowering your height is done by holding down W (Z on Azerty keyboards)
    If you're worried about SP, just get Apothecary lvl 3, then quit manufacturing til you're in the high lvls with enough SP. The potions are a must though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I did all my crafts as I was lvling. The only problem with the crafts is the coing cost, not the SP cost. It's pretty inexpensive SP wise to boost your crafting skills as you go.

Flight Mastery I maxed and switch to basic wings once I hit 70th. Saves alot of time and money flying around while AFK instead of teleporting everywhere. Also useful for doing solo AoE at that time frame. Had Cyclone and Plumeshot maxed by then, and Razor followed soon after. When you look at how much it takes to increase a skill 1 lvl at that point, maxing flight mastery isn't that big a deal.
  • darkpaladinkiller
    darkpaladinkiller Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    how do i make the wings from a lvl 1 cleric go faster can u upgrade them
  • darkpaladinkiller
    darkpaladinkiller Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    how do i make the wings of a lvl 1 cleric go faster can i upgrade them
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm still using flight mastery to this day [pve server, so I don't need super fast wings for air battles]. It is true that if you max cash shop wings they will go faster, but flight mastery white wings are about as fast as the middle of the road cash shop starter speeds. If you don't want to spend money on the game, flight mastery is a cheap way to be a bit faster [ditch the eagle wings you get at lvl 30, they are only 0.5 speed].

Crafting does not have to be expensive if you farm the mats as you see them. Just check the list of things you want to make and the mats it needs and collect things while you quest, grind, or just fly around. Do not sell mat drops such as silks, oils, or leather/fur and you will probably have enough to make whatever you want. But if you were to only choose one crafting profession, definitely go with apothecary.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You can still fight in the air with your Elven wings white ones even before 30 just leave 1 point of mana.Spurred mount can get you mats faster than flying start early though as you have to lvl the mount from lvl 1.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    But the white ones aren't as fast and awesome looking... :P

Sephraic Mist FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Sephraic Mist FTW

Phoenix embrace > seraphic mist

But QQ i want brilliant plumes b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Sephraic Mist FTW

Those are nice but I still like my Watcher of the Skies.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Phoenix embrace > seraphic mist

But QQ i want brilliant plumes b:cryb:cryb:cry

QQmoar I wanted Brilliant Plumes too. But apparently, it's a bit glitched. I'm good with my Seraphic Mist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)