Icon Wont Show Up On Desktop After Downloading

krazysoxz
krazysoxz Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
yea so i downloadedb i twice and still no icon on my desktop.
can someone please help meb:cry
Post edited by krazysoxz on

Comments

• dap0ss
    dap0ss Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Did you download it directly? or did you use a torrent?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Check the My Documents/Downloads folder. Surtr has an excellent installation guide.

Assuming you want to use the Direct Download path :

1. The link on our webpage itself gives you the Perfect_World_Downloader_v3.exe file. It's a small (~1.0 megabyte) download.

2. The Perfect_World_Downloader_v3.exe program will download the Perfect_World_International.exe file. By default, it downloads it to My Documents/Downloads/ (XP) or Documents/Downloads (Vista). This .exe file is the large download, roughly 2.378 gigabytes.

3. Perfect_World_International.exe, when run, extracts a lot of installation files into a folder. By default, it extracts them into the same folder it is sitting in, the (My) Documents/Downloads. One of the files it extracts will be called install.exe

4. Running install.exe will give you the option of verifying the client download, installing the client itself, and putting a shortcut icon down on the desktop.

5. Double-click the shortcut icon to patch the game, or use the manual patcher.

It sounds like you got to step 2.

If you prefer, this is a torrent available, which works excellently with uTorrent, and will get you to the start of step 3.

Once you've done that, bring up the Launcher with the desktop icon. Use the Launcher's setting button to increase your resolution to at least 800x600. After that's done, hit the Start button on the Launcher to bring up the ElementClient.

From the client, you'll want to hit the "Next" button to close the Notice window, and if you have not done so already, select a server. Then put in your username and password, and hit start.

That'll bring you to the character selection/creation screen. Mine goes to the Untamed area and has a Barbarian because I've already played one, but yours will likely have an empty vista of Etherblade or the City of Plume. Yours also won't have a red arrow pointing to the Create Character button, although I wish it did. Click that button.

In the resulting screen, you'll want to set a name, select your species, gender, and class, and even customize your appearance. Continue past that to get your character in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.