Barbarians in AoE Parties?

Options
Ghazi - Heavens Tear
Ghazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Barbarian
Do barbs play a vital role in AoE parties?
Post edited by Ghazi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dai - Heavens Tear
    Dai - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This question helped remind me to add a AoE party section to my guide. So I'll post the addition here. This should answer your question :P.

Yeah, Barbarians are needed to be the lurer and also to give the HP buff (Beast King's Inspiration) to the party whenever it runs out.

Luring for AoE squads as a barbarian does take a bit of practice. Your job is to round up many mobs just by running near them, using attack skills occasionally to keep the mobs following you, while leading them back to where the wizards/archers/clerics have their AoE set up. This can be done in humanoid or tiger mode. Humanoid is easier because you'll have more AoE skills to use, but tiger mode is faster due to higher movement speed.

As you know, the mobs will usually follow you when you get close to them. However, the mobs will stop following you after they travel a certain distance. What you gotta find out is how much distance the mobs travel before they stop following you (usually 5-8 seconds of running). Once you find that out, all you have to do is use an attack AoE (Roar, Sunder, Surf Impact, Slam, Swell, or Firestorm) on them before that time, while luring them to the Damage Dealers.

You can also lure using a land mount as long as the mobs keep following you. Just note that if you travel too far without using skills on the mobs, they will stop following you.

Try to lure in a circle if possible, or lure from the farthest point inward.