Guild Improvements ~~ PLEASE

TheTot - Heavens Tear
TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Suggestion Box
IF YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO READ IT ALL, SKIP TO THE NEXT RED LINE!

Oh my GOD, do I love this game! Just quit a few other MMO's just so I could dedicate my efforts to this awesome one. I was in no way disappointed with anything -- The races, the classes, the training, the movement, the graphics, the controls, the customization, the economy (On Heaven's Tear at least), the quests, the environments, the -- OH you get the point!! Every game I play, I make my guild Lawlocaust, I've been making that guild on games for about 4 years now and I always invite all my friends. It's always the first thing I aim to do in a new game, so I can organize my friends and make chatting far easier. Earlier this day I finally reached level 20, and had plenty more than 100k to spare. I made my way to Archosaur and immediately purchased my guild. My FIRST disappoint was to find out that Lawlocaust, which is ten letters, is one letter too long for this particular game. Nine letter cap? I was dumbfounded, BUT alas I was more than capable to compensate. Admittedly, it is the first game I've ever played that I've had to shorten the guild name, but me and my friends have often referred to it as Lawlo for short, and so that is the name I chose. Right! Problem adverted!

Only to be met with many disappointments once entering the guild screen. First thing I noticed was the lack of controls. There was invite, boot, promote, and demote and that was pretty much it. Alas, this wasn't the first game I've played where guildmasters were practically a power member, so this again was not too much of a downer. Next, I noticed that the guild motto section had scroll buttons on the far right. Well, this led me to assume I would be able to put in a short intro for new members or something. When I went to change it, I saw not a cap of 500 characters. Not a cap of 250 characters. I saw a cap of 50. *Sigh* Again, not a problem. Instead of writing an intro for our new members, I was simply going to post our literal motto, we've been saying it in our guild for four years -- "We put the laugh in slaughter!" -- (At this point of the post, I'd like to point out to most of the readers who are probably offended by both my guild name and motto that A holocaust ((not THE Holocaust)) is any great destruction through the use of fire) but when I finished typing it in, it told me it could not be changed because of unacceptable characters. I figured it was the exclaimatory mark, so I wrote it out again without one. But it wouldn't accept it again. As it turns out, SPACES are unacceptable characters. I can't even put spaces in my guild motto?

THIS IS THE SECOND LINE OF RED, YOU LAZY READERS. ;)

So in short, here's a list of improvements I would really like to see:

+More guildmaster powers
+The ability to change the name of ranks (Executor, etc)
+More than 4 characters for a title
+More than 50 characters for a guild motto (Ideally at least 250)
+SPACES and punctuation allowed in guild mottos PLEASE if nothing else at least that b:cry
+A faster update rate for the guild screen (the member levels stay the same for a very long time)
+The option to mark a guild member on the world map
+A fullfledged guild MENU instead of screen (i.e., when you press G it will open the guild intro page, which has tabs near the top for sections like guild info, guild members, etc)

I could probably even keep going. But those are really simple requests, I'd like to think, except for the last one which would just be nice and practical. I appreciate the effort the developers have put into the guild system, allowing for the owning of territories and whatnot. But for the guilds that aim more for being just a community, this game seriously lacks the resources to support those guilds.

Alas, failure to add these features would never make me leave this great game. But the addition of them would make it that much better.

People who agree with me:
Everything above needs to be implemented, why did they make half a guild system then just say **** it?

Rock on with this thread!
ariel1 wrote: »
Yes, i agree with all that has been said, please do not stop til u get what we want.
I agree with all of your ideas. Factions really need an update to them, not this half **** system.
Yes, the OP is correct. I have spoken.
I agree definatly seeing that i am 1 of 2 guild leaders for the Redline guild (we share ^^)
The guild motto is so annoying and it looks so cheap and tacky its almost better to not have 1

I WOULD SO LOVE TO CHANGE NAMES OF EXECUTER AND MARSHAL AND STUFF

and the titles are just to danm short full stop
I totally agree with the author and his suggestions.
And yes, completely agree with original post.
I agree
The guild screen does suck. I would like to see everything implemented that you statedb:victory
I also agree. b:victory
I'd love to see a lot of these be implemented as it'll help run guilds a lot smoother, or rather easier.
yup. that'd be great
yeah i totally agree.
Rawr, I agree
i like this idea would be helpful and awesome... doesnt seem like it would take much work to do
As a Faction leader I can do nothing more than agree totaly with the matters suggested both in the original post and in some the the added suggestions followed.
You have both myself and my Factions support behind this matter.
Good luck.
I agree that the improvements that were suggested in the original post here would be nice.
aaddron wrote: »
Totally agree with the original post these would be great additions to the game.
Post edited by TheTot - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• godofreality
    godofreality Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    well tot i totally agree and not just cuz i am a member of Lawlocaust but because i am a prime member of an MMO community that encompasses a few games and being able to add things in like for example the url for the guild's forum and the url to the guilds website none the least and also i would want to include things like maybe a goal for a the week or possible guild events into this and with the limitation of 50 characters and not allowed to use spaces this becomes a trully impossible task
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Shameless bump. >.>
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Shameless bump
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Bump-ump-be-dump.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Jeez, doesn't seem like anyone agrees with me on this. o.o
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    >.>; Shameless bump yet again. Come on people no one agrees with me?
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree definatly seeing that i am 1 of 2 guild leaders for the Redline guild (we share ^^)
    The guild motto is so annoying and it looks so cheap and tacky its almost better to not have 1

I WOULD SO LOVE TO CHANGE NAMES OF EXECUTER AND MARSHAL AND STUFF

and the titles are just to danm short full stop
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Alright let's see if we can't get more than just ONE person commenting on this idea. o.o
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I totally agree with the author and his suggestions.

The game is just too good to have such a poor guild system. We need more than just a list of members, we need an option for leaders and members to customize their guild environment and in this way create something unique.

Go devs, go PWE! We'd really appreciate it. b:pleased
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I can help with one thing at least, there's a refresh button type thing in the top right hand corner of the guild screen. If you can't find it I'll get a screenshot next time i'm online.

Good luck with the rest of your requests.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Refresh button only refreshes who's online ... near as I can tell, current level is retrieved when you login, and never gets refreshed.

And yes, completely agree with original post.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    I can help with one thing at least, there's a refresh button type thing in the top right hand corner of the guild screen. If you can't find it I'll get a screenshot next time i'm online.

Good luck with the rest of your requests.
    I know about that, but it is only a "Who's Online" refresh. The levels will stay the same. It's pretty annoying, considering I've played games where my guildmember's level updated the second they leveled up.

I'm glad we finally got some replies, let's keep it going. I KNOW there are others who agree with me.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Buuuuuumpness
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Also have the option to make guild names longer than just 9 characters long. Not too much imagination to go with that.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • Meat__shield - Heavens Tear
    Meat__shield - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree
    Something else I would like to see is a raid type system. Where the raid leader could invite groups so that the leader could see all the ppl in the raid and only allow the ppl in the raid into the tw
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Well yeah I kind of included that in the original post.

Thanks for the poists keep 'em coming
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Bump cause it was on the second page.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The guild screen does suck. I would like to see everything implemented that you statedb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Woot for more supporters. Come on people I know there's more of you who agree. Don't think that posting won't do anything, we'll get the developer's attention. The things I've asked for, except the last thing in the list, would be relatively easy to implement and they could have it added in a few patches. Yes, I DO speak with a background in coding so I'm not just saying that.

Bumpage for more support. I ain't giving up.
  • Adriazirma - Sanctuary
    Adriazirma - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree with it - it's not the first thread on the topic. (I don't agree on daily basis bump though.)

I can't put even URL into the slogan, that plain sucks. I think they could fix this in a minute but they just rather add another mount into the game...
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Yup, the fixes would be relatively easy for the developers to implement. But you're right, they're far too busy adding new things to the boutique. ;)
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm only typing in here because of your bumps now you dont have to do a bump lol aahhaha b:laugh

I also agree. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'd love to see a lot of these be implemented as it'll help run guilds a lot smoother, or rather easier.

TBH, though, like any other suggestion, it'll probably be noted but then left in the dust.

But keep pushing. c: These are all wonderful ideas.
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008

TBH, though, like any other suggestion, it'll probably be noted but then left in the dust.

But keep pushing. c: These are all wonderful ideas.
    I'm very stubborn. ;)

The more replies we get, the more attention we'll draw. The more attention we draw, the more likely it will be that they'll add these features.
  • MajorRaze - Heavens Tear
    MajorRaze - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    yup. that'd be great
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Lol thanks for your post. ;)
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    :)b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked