minitank Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Wizard
What Build You Thinks Best (PvP)
Post edited by minitank on

Comments

• graider
    graider Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I believe that the light armor variation would be best since you only really loose out against high element resist targets, and high-damage blademasters/barbarians.

As a wizard, you out-range archers anyway. You have the benefit in light armor of higher defense, with the earth prop buff, an additional 10% with no disadvantages like the venomancer's fox-form.

With this build, your bigest non-melee enemy becomes 'pure' wizards, since they can out damage you at every turn. But the beauty of the light armor build is the versatility. You can also qualify for all the arcane armors with this build. You have a higher crit rate (due to your 'high' dex) but weaker magic damage for your diversity.

I can argue the pros and cons all day/night, but I won't, this is a preference.
    If the best defense is a good offense, why did I even show up?

If a train is going east at 50 mph and another train is going west at 90 mph, where do they...Never gonna give you up~ Never gonna let you down~Never gonna run around~and hurt you~

If you've got this far, you've been rick-rolled.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    graider wrote: »
    As a wizard, you out-range archers anyway.

Sorry to say but this statement alone should take away most credibility.b:shocked Archers get the range of 30m and mages are 28.5m.

Anyways mages don't need light armor to have good defense. I'm using HP stones in all of my equipment except for my body by the way, so I could make it much higher. If I was a con build my defense wouldn't be any lower but I'd have a lot more HP. Either way light armor isn't needed to get good defense, mine is just as high as archers thanks to the stone barrier we get.

Most people who know me and PK me think I die easily because I'm in full grind gear with about 800 defense without charms, if you ever meet me in TW fun killing me.b:bye
  • dantheman3
    dantheman3 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the best build isnt listed. The best build is a combo build. Enstead of having little defence(pure build) or too much vit (vit build) the best build is combo of the 2. The combo build is 1str 1 vit 2 dex and 6 magic every 2 lvls. This gives u an awsome wizard. He has better vit to survive the first set of att and gives u some time to use pots unlike the pure, but not so much vit it takes away from magic damage. The str is just enough to use ur light armor and magic wepon. Light armor is important becuae of the major difference in def. The pure wizard do pose a threat to u using this build but if u infuse magic gems into ur armor it increases ur magic def making there attacks do less damage. Also infusing the magic gems into ur wep gives u the power of the pure mages. This build gives u good def and doesnt sacrifice too much power. Im not sure if u need 1 str every lvl or not, but if u do then u put 2 str and 5 magic. Idk because currently my computer is not loading pwi. I will edit it as soon i as i have fixed this problem.

Also for u new people who like a build but have already started u can get a point reset note to reset ur stats anytime u want. you can also wait for ur other stats to catch up and then u will be right back on track.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Can we stop saying pure mages have bad defense? Look at the screenshot, kthx. Try to look at the part where it says physical resistance.

Oh and by the way, it has to be 2str 2 dex and 6 mag every 2 levels if you want to wear light armor. The vit is impossible.
  • dhratso
    dhratso Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Wizard's dont need vit, we can have 10k+w/o putting vit, just using hp stones, 1k/1.5khp+ will be no difference you'll just lose dmg, vit is good only in low lvls, and every1 knows, wizards is not good at low lvl(7X/8X-), so, FOR ME, pure int wizards are the best
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Can we stop saying pure mages have bad defense? Look at the screenshot, kthx. Try to look at the part where it says physical resistance.

Oh and by the way, it has to be 2str 2 dex and 6 mag every 2 levels if you want to wear light armor. The vit is impossible.

u hav cleric buff and bm buff :P....just gettin out there
  • comae
    comae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    overall whoever has lesser lag, wins!

i would still go for LA for pvp
    dmg is just about similar. more chance to 1 hit ko.
    once you become demon, you'd get more critical hit rate; add that with dex...
    and everyone knows demons pwn at pvp. b:laugh
    vit is no issue here though. just MOAR physio def and crits. :O

just my two cents from a pure mag 70+ b:cute
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Light armor for PVP until 90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wenh93 wrote: »
    u hav cleric buff and bm buff :P....just gettin out there

light and robe armor sucks horribly while unbuffed.

you basically have to be buffed while wearing it other wise everything will just hit you for stupid amounts of damage
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Light armor for PVP until 90.

With the tests conducted yesterday I'm sure you'd want to rephrase LA till 100, no? b:chuckle
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fire_Blood - Lost City
    Fire_Blood - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    With the tests conducted yesterday I'm sure you'd want to rephrase LA till 100, no? b:chuckle
    tests?.................................................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PM me for my referral b:victory
This discussion has been closed.