a simple qns abt fist BM

subilmier
subilmier Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Blademaster
ok so i saw in alot of guides for fist BM tht the build shud be 5str 4dex 1vit,n i haf been following tht build but i was thinking if i were to add it 4str 5dex 1vit, would the difference be noticeable?
as in like would the dmg drop due to the less str be quite obvious? wad abt the dex part? would my avoidibility,accuracy,crit rate be quite noticeable?

sry another qns. my current crit rate they say 2% does tht mean theres onli 2% chance of activating the crit in every hit?? isnt tht very very very rare? how many dex is required for 1% crit rate?

thanks for any answers
Post edited by subilmier on

Comments

• MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    While the switch in str to dex won't be noticable very much at first, compare two lvl 100s with the difference in stats and you will likely see a difference, both in damage and accuracy/evasion. As far as I know for the crit rate, yes you only have a 2% chance to crit per hit. So 1/50 hits will crit. The only people who top a dex BM's crit are archers because they go almost fully dex. I believe that every 20 points or so in dex adds a crit percent, not positive though. I also heard that 525 is the max amount of points you can put in one area, so it is capped at like 26% crit
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • subilmier
    edited November 2008
    ohh.....haix...so shud i add it 5str 4dex 1vit or 4str 5dex 1vit...im stuck between the two...any suggestions? thx btw shade.
  • subilmier
    edited November 2008
    uhh wad do u all recommend? 5str 4dex 1vit or 4str 5dex 1vit? btw...for fist bm skills, do i level my steam strike n drakes ray? wad abt cloud sprint? cos i read guides they just tok abt aeolian blade draw blood all those n say nid max them but wad abt the rest?? thx for any answers
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Are you going to go Heavy Armor? Most BMs go heavy, but Fists can get away with going Light Armor since they already have so much Dex. Heavy gives you better Physical Defense, but you'll need the Magical Defense if you're going to PK or TW since your main targets will be casters.

I'd suggest going both. You already have the Dex needed, but you need to go 3 strength every level to wear Heavy armor. That way you'll be able to wear Heavy for pve and Light for pvp. You want to shoot for 200 Dex endgame for the 10% crit rate. The rest you want in Strength for the added damage and Heavy Armor. So, 5str4dex1vit is good, but I'd suggest you cap your vitality at either 30 or 50. I capped mine at 30 since i was falling behind on strength for my heavy armor.
  • subilmier
    edited November 2008
    im not sure...can i mix HA n LA? like my top get HA while my pants get LA? tht way more balanced? oic...den wad abt the skills?? do i level my steam strike,drakes ray n cloud sprint?