Other Computer.

reubb
reubb Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
My sister HATES mmo's. She hates those fighting games. Yesterday, i introduced her to PW. She actually played it! But the horrible thing is that the video card on my OTHER PC is just a little bit below minimum requirements. Sad I KNOW. So, all the graphic options is turned off, but there is still lines! like lines over everything. You can see her characters whole eyeballs, the game looks really weird. Well just the UI mostly and the faces. So is there ANY way to fix it and look have normal? I think the System requirements call for a 32mb video card I think the computer has a little bit below that. PLEASE help.
Post edited by reubb on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The most immediate issue is what Direct X version the card supports; if it doesn't support 8+, there's potential for problems no matter how much Graphics RAM there is on the thing. That's roughly equal to GeForce 3 series or higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Gattsuru and I have been independently researching the absolute bare minimum requirements that the game will run on for OS and hardware combinations. We when have confirmations, we will update the FAQ and the system requirements on the website.

The following is based on our working theories so far:

The card should be using Direct X 8.1 and later.

The card should support pixel shader 1.4-2.0 and later.

32MB SHOULD work, but generally you should have hardware made in 2004 or later. You can have hardware older then that, but you'll just have to experiment and see if it'll work.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.