Import from PW to PWI: material combining

Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
Blakiepoo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
I'm seeing that on the other versions of this game there is an ability to combine materials to higher-level materials.

for example,
9 coal dust ---> Coal
9 pig iron ----> High Carbon Steel.

Of course in our version, the drop rates are crazy low, so it would have to be 5 --->1 in order to work.

It would make for fewer cat merchants, less difficulty selling and buying items, and would make crafting a lot more worth it.

pleasepleaseplease. I want this game to not flop after my initial excitement wanes.
Post edited by Blakiepoo - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Of course in our version, the drop rates are crazy low, so it would have to be 5 --->1 in order to work.

That wouldn't get rid of Cat shops ... I could easily setup a shop to sell say 5 Pig Iron for 900 each, and buy 1 High Carbon steel for 2000 - wouldn't take long, and I net 2500 coin in the process ;)

Still, it's always nice to have another option (for those who don't want to setup a shop), and since presumably the code is already there ...
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    Blakiepoo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    no no no don't get me wrong. I love the idea of cat shops, I love how there's an economy in the game. But right now there are tons of materials, and once you reach a certain level, they're useless. I would rather upgrade a stack of materials than wait around in boredom.

Currently I use a cat shop a whole lot more than I'd like to and it feels like wasting my item findings and my time. If combining items would get rid of half of the supply, then approx half of the cat shops in archosaur would be gone. We would actually be able to browse them all without being overwhelmed. It would improve everyone's chance at selling at shops (and the time to sell), as well as the luck in buying.

Maybe the ratio would be tweaked a little from my 5 ---> 1 but it should still cost slightly more to combine because it's saving hassle and maybe gives EXP.
  • Drizta - Lost City
    Drizta - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well I'd just like to know where I go to combine the items, do you know? Because it really would save me a pain in going around all the shops....
  • Aliceskywing - Heavens Tear
    Aliceskywing - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm seeing that on the other versions of this game there is an ability to combine materials to higher-level materials.

for example,
    9 coal dust ---> Coal
    9 pig iron ----> High Carbon Steel.

It would make for fewer cat merchants, less difficulty selling and buying items, and would make crafting a lot more worth it.

pleasepleaseplease. I want this game to not flop after my initial excitement wanes.

I agree this should be placed in this version of the game as well.
    Nine of each wouldn't be a problem if they INCREASED THE GOD DAMM DROP RATE!!!!! b:angry but 5 works too b:pleased
  • Aliceskywing - Heavens Tear
    Aliceskywing - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this guy has guy has a very good suggestion pay attention to him
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    -bump- GMS LOOK AT THIS PLEASE
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • SinopaTokala - Sanctuary
    SinopaTokala - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree completely. I looked up Organic Glue (which strangely enough is sold in the CASH SHOP, but not used to make anything) and it said it could be combined to form the next level of glue, however you can't, which begs the question... why sell it in the Cash Shop?
  • MysticalZero - Sanctuary
    MysticalZero - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree completely. I looked up Organic Glue (which strangely enough is sold in the CASH SHOP, but not used to make anything) and it said it could be combined to form the next level of glue, however you can't, which begs the question... why sell it in the Cash Shop?

I spent 10 minutes going from one craftman to another just to find that out ^^;;

I seriously believe this should be implemented. I see a ton of low grade mats in cat shops that seriously can't be sold off because people are leveling too fast to really use them.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yea. I would like to get this. atleast would make a sence to pick up lowbie mats, when you see them ^^
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    YESSSS
    It would finally give me a reason for randomly harvesting mats where ever I go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Mon_Fang - Sanctuary
    Mon_Fang - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well, this version is just a copy of the others, in time we will get everything they have. or well, almost everything.
  • Cyntar - Sanctuary
    Cyntar - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So, what you're are saying is that, in this game version, we cannot combine pig iron to make high-carbon steel?
  • Mon_Fang - Sanctuary
    Mon_Fang - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So, what you're are saying is that, in this game version, we cannot combine pig iron to make high-carbon steel?
    not yet. I think we will soon