Question about "STR" and DEX!!"

Options
Ghazi - Heavens Tear
Ghazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Barbarian
I just started my Barbarian and I am following the "sticky" guides for TANKING abilities and I have to admit, it's turning out pretty damn good so far. But I was curious as to why it is so important to be using the BEST duel axe at end game? I mean hear me out for a sec...

A tank is designed for two main purposes.
1. To absorb as much damage as possible.
2. and To keep arrgo off other players.

I know it's pretty obvious that a tank is not considered a damage dealer because of it's lack of accuracy. But isn't accuracy important to keep arrgo? Yes, I know there are skills to assist you in increasing your accuracy, but even with those skills in place, your damage output doesn't allow you to call yourself a damage dealer.

So I guess my question is: what's wrong with downgrading your weapon to increase your accuracy while leaving your Vitality where it would respectfully be? Wouldn't this make you a much more qualified tank? (High Health and Moderate Accuracy)

I guess if I were to design a plan to test this build I would go just enough Strength to wear your heavy armor. Same Vitality as a "highest axe weapon tank build". and all else into Dexterity. Or Two, enough Strength to wear your heavy armor. Enough Dexterity to wear Light armor. And all else into Vitality. (I don't know if the second one is even possible)

P.S. Don't get me wrong but I think I would rather hit with lower damage then not hit at all. Wouldn't you? Or is my logic completely bazar?