Safe Zone? Mobs in Towns?

Coviana - Sanctuary
Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Oki... i have a 2-part question here.

First: Does the 'Safe Zone' concept have any meaning to PVE players, or is it exclusively a PVP thing?

Second (and the reason for the first question): Is it normal for mobs to spawn/aggro in towns, killing people who are idling within the Safe Zone?

My faction was having a discussion meeting, with everyone parked in the 'Safe Zone' of the towns nearest to them, and we were parked up on rooftops chatting, not watching the mobs around coz we believed that a Safe Zone was safe (silly us for believing that).. anyway, some mob like Level 45 killed off the entire group that was in Angler's Village.

If you need further information to be able to answer the question, i'd be happy to provide as much as we have. We didn't catch the name of the mob, but it was like "<somebody>, the <something or another>".

Thanks for any info you can provide.

-Coviana
Post edited by Coviana - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Safe Zone only protects you from pk. If a mob agros you it can kill you when you are in safe zone. As for the mob that killed you guys people lure bosses that cast AOE's into towns to kill people. This is why if you are going afk its best to know which towns have aoe bosses near them.
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Okay, thanks... so basically it's a game design implementation meant to provide griefers with a way to harass carebears. This does NOT instill confidence in the attitude of the game designers and developers. I definitely know now that we need to be more careful in the future, since the non-PVP server still allows PK griefers to kill players who refuse to participate in PVP.
  • Veltore - Heavens Tear
    Veltore - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I was once killed by Florafang at the Temple.Boy was i surprized.Just becareful where you afk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    yeah... we made the mistake of thinking that "Safe Zone" had PVE meaning... Since none of us do PVP, and we're not on a PVP server, the thought of that concept only applying to PVP never entered our minds.