Some questions about Socketing

Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary
Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
I've never tried to socket something so I'm just wondering, how many tries does it generally take to succeed at socketing something? Obviously it must take at least a few since it costs only 1 gold for 15 socket stones

Also, is there some kind of penalty for a failed socket like losing a socket that's already there or something like that? (kind of how upgrade attempts drop your upgrade level if you fail).

Lastly, is it possible to get an item up to 4/3 sockets using stones?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds =D
Post edited by Xx_fayth_xx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Devilista - Sanctuary
    Devilista - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In addition to the OP's questions, what would you put in these sockets and is it really worth it?
    Devilista lvl 19 Venomancer - Sanctuary
    DarkenRhal 1X Wizard - Sanctuary
    Daos 10 Archer - Sanctuary

If you truly love someone you will never do anything to hurt them, and you will always be there for them, whether it is just as a shoulder to cry on, or much much more.
  • lynia
    lynia Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    how many tries does it generally take to succeed at socketing something? Obviously it must take at least a few since it costs only 1 gold for 15 socket stones

I don't think there is a fail when it comes to socketing. But there is a reason why you get 15 stones for 1 gold. When adding sockets you need multiple socket stones to add one socket. Such as, when I put an extra socket on my weapon, I needed 30 sockets. Not sure if all weapons are the same amount or if it was because its a lvl 7 weapon. Also the next socket will need more socket stones than the one before.

The other stuff you asked about, I am not sure about yet. I just started trying socketing so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too for any friendly advice from more experienced players here. : )
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    socketing is depending on item level, stars, and number of sockets
    for instance item lvl *1+number sockets = sockets needed for 1 star items (at least on the last items i checked lvl 7 and 8 stuff), higher star items /legendary its multiple times more