Who else thinks girls should be able to carry guys???

Options
noctisxvii
noctisxvii Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion

Granted I think that might look a little less attractive, but why stop there? Why can't carrying be for any person??

Just wanted to see other people's thoughts 'cuz I'm getting tired of carrying my boyfriend around (he plays as a venomancer and me as an archer), but I don't want to have to be compelled to change my character. >.< 'Cuz I'd rather play as a boy. :D

Post edited by noctisxvii on

Comments

• Asuni - Lost City
    Asuni - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yeah it would be fair, but then looks kinda funky :S. Then I wish they would let us carry each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aww quality didn't turn out as well ;(, oh well.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i want to see temp forum bans for reposts of something that is on first page!

seriously though theres a new topic about this every 2 days..stop it bump old one at least
  • Jolana_Mae - Heavens Tear
    Jolana_Mae - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well this is really f'ing ridiculous... I mean we can carry Males and females

ok this remark was from a previous thread, but still to do with this one as well, now i didnt even know females could carry males , to my knowlege, only males could the carrying of any class O.o
    edited November 2008
    Options
    sry meant to add i only play female chars, so i would to be be able to carry male friends ive made in game, if its possible could a couple pm on heavens tear, so i can see a fem carry a male , if it is possible , thanks = D
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ofps TYPO - like was meant to b in that last post
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Females can ask a male to carry them, but you wont see them carrying the male :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifePromiser - Sanctuary
    LifePromiser - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Add male carry male + female carry female in.That'll be a laugh.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Female carry male looks awkward... but I dont mind having one extra ability :)
  • Weng - Heavens Tear
    Weng - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Female carry male looks awkward... but I dont mind having one extra ability :)

Yeah, think about a big white tiger sitting on top of a tiny fox. I think the fox will get squished before she could take a step.

-Weng
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I say NO to Female carrying Males.. it's ugly. why would you want that anyway?
  • wolf8265
    wolf8265 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    um sure w/e makes ppls happy ya know
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Imagine a slim looking female character carrying a buff hardcore barbarian. b:chuckle
  • Originalsin - Sanctuary
    Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    this argument again? ... its already been dicussed, yes it would look akward, yes i believe PWI should have it, are the developers gonna do it? more than likely not...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • Baeliia - Heavens Tear
    Baeliia - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i think when a female requests to embrace a guy, and he carries her the female should be able to do the running/steering. Make it alot easier if the guy needs to go afk for a sec and the girl can still do the travelling for them.
    Also if we request them onto our mounts, itd be good if the guy was able to sit or stand behind the girl on her mount. Dont know about girls actually carrying guys.. can you imagine a chick carrying a huge barbarian around? xD
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I think anyone should be able to carry anyone. How about those who are higher level can carry anyone below their level? I have a friend who's just started playing and I have to travel on foot with him because we're both guys....I can't even give him a ride on my pantha.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Xtonyx - Heavens Tear
    Xtonyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i think females should be able to carry females and male carry males to support the ****/**** players. But i think female carrying males would just look weird and awkward lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~sig by Saitada, a total badass b:laugh
  • Tirwana - Heavens Tear
    Tirwana - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i think females should be able to carry females and male carry males to support the ****/**** players. But i think female carrying males would just look weird and awkward lol.

I think same, but a strong blademaster girl can carry a small archer/cleric/blademaster/wizard guy :p
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Personally I am so sick and tired of people beating a dead horse with this subject that I vote that they remove embracing completely from the frickin game so all the whiners can pick another topic to beat to death.

Newsflash: This just in! This topic has been discussed on EVERY SINGLE PORTED VERISON OF THIS GAME FOR A FEW YEARS NOW!! I have played 3 different versions so far and I am still amazed at how slow people are to catch on that THIS IS THE WAY THE DESIGNERS HAVE DETERMINED IT WILL BE. Yes, they have been told. It has been presented from every possible angle imaginable (unfair to ****/lesbians....higher players helping lower players....strong female warrior types assist "delicate" caster males....etc etc etc.)

Do some background work...read the forums. My personal opinion on whether I agree or disagree on equal carrying is not even relevent. I didn't make the game, I had no say so in how it was designed, and when hundreds of players before me (and most of you) petitioned on other versions to the developers, they held their ground and embracing is male carrying female. Period. Not going to change. It's been tried. Many times. Move on. Save your breath. This battle was already fought and the outcome decided.

When will it sink in???b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RockyFox - Sanctuary
    RockyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yeah, think about a big white tiger sitting on top of a tiny fox. I think the fox will get squished before she could take a step.

-Weng

I Agree,
    A female being able to carry a male
    would look Really ****....
    It's kinda pointless if you ask me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theola
    theola Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Personally I am so sick and tired of people beating a dead horse with this subject that I vote that they remove embracing completely from the frickin game so all the whiners can pick another topic to beat to death.

I have played 3 different versions so far and I am still amazed at how slow people are to catch on that THIS IS THE WAY THE DESIGNERS HAVE DETERMINED IT WILL BE.

The title tells you it's going to be the same topic you've heard over and over, why not avoid it?

And this:
    i think when a female requests to embrace a guy, and he carries her the female should be able to do the running/steering. Make it alot easier if the guy needs to go afk for a sec and the girl can still do the travelling for them.

is a perfect solution. This would only work on the ground, though. If a female wanted to take a male for a ride on her horse, she would initiate, and it would show the same animations, just with the female in control. Same thing for carrying in any combination of races.

The problem is in the air. Since the races use different flying methods, a female wingelf couldn't "pick up" a male human, because the animation would show him carrying her but with wings on his back, even though the female would be in control. b:lipcurl
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    theola wrote: »
    The title tells you it's going to be the same topic you've heard over and over, why not avoid it?

You know, for the most part I do. However, when there is already another post on the same first page,one that has already been closed, it becomes a little itrritating.

Someone starting a whole new thread about this **** either :
    (A) refuses to see if the topic has been brought up previously and laid to rest,

(B) is to self centered to let the topic die because they weren't happy that the resolution of the topic didn't give them what they wanted,

(C)or rarely, once in a blue moon, someone actually comes up with a genuine new piece of insight into a topic that might cause a reader to pause and rethink their stance on a subject.

Personally, I was hoping for (C) when I read this. Unfortunately, I was hit with a screenful of (A) and (B).

I prefer the community to thrive and evolve as it advances. Topics such as this that have been repeated multiple times (mind you, all to the same conclusion) are not constructive. They are redundant.

Do I just accept things as they are? Certainly not. I am all for bringing up new ideas and implementations that further enhance the enjoyment of gameplay. But once "the powers that be" have decreed that something is not going to change, I just wish these imaginative people would focus on things not yet settled, perhaps finding some "diamond in the rough" idea that can be affected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    **** thread is ****.

How many times has this been brought up?

Go QQ an ocean.

No one is going to change the coding for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theola
    theola Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    You know, for the most part I do. However, when there is already another post on the same first page,one that has already been closed, it becomes a little itrritating.

Ok, I agree with this. Spamming the same topic over and over is a bit annoying. On another game I played, whenever the servers went down (which was often) the entire first page of the general forums was covered in topics to the variation of "CANNNOT LOGIN??????"

I must've missed the other thread(s). I generally don't come to the forums too frequently.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ye same here...
    wud like if sum helga or olga carry me with her big arms around the map...
    implement hugs in game too...i wanna hug ppl around the map.. FREE HUGS
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Let's just do it for the lol's.
    Besides, what's so logical about a Venomancer in herself? We're in a friggin fantasy world. Let us do such stuff.
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • The_saber - Sanctuary
    The_saber - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    how about female char "supporting" male char (at same speed as carry)
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    You can stand, sit, dance and lie on NPC heads, pet rides can stand one footed on them too and you can float in mid air (due to the bulky collision detection), etc so seeing a skimpy girl carrying a bulky barb wouldn't seem any less realistic to me. :P
    Non-mule alts:

• EriQween - Lost City
    EriQween - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I say NO to Female carrying Males.. it's ugly. why would you want that anyway?

Who cares if its ugly???? If a male can carry a female why cant it be vice versa also?
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I always wanted to give free rides to all my guild mates, not just the females.

I wish I could carry them all.

Yes, more than one at a time.

Until my mount can't take anymore weight.

And collapses.

And dies.

Then rots away.

And stuff.
    Non-mule alts:

• Tohsakaxin - Sanctuary
    Tohsakaxin - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day playing PW and i already had 3 guys wanting to carry me. (one went so far as to stalk me around and even join my faction.)

But yeah, i WOULD like to be able to carry the guys, but at the same time, i do agree that carrying them might seem abit ungainly...

So instead of carrying, it could be more like a.. levitating action. Instead of carrying guys, we could levitate them, after all, in most games (no offence) females are viewed as magically superior to males.

So females levitating instead of carrying males seems better imo, kinda like how david copperfield and all the other illusionists did it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Some things are beautiful for the very reason that they are unobtainable." -Gilgamesh, Fate/Stay Night.

Perfect World:
    TohsakaXin, Cleric, Sanctuary.