Lagging.. =\

Options
Kuruyami - Lost City
Kuruyami - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
I started playing a cleric today, and the game keeps lagging and freezing on me. It didn't do this when I played my Venomancer. Well it did, but I fixed that issue. What the heck?
Post edited by Kuruyami - Lost City on

Comments

• Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Have a look at the first post in this thread:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572

Checking for programs such as Firewalls, Peerguardian, Anti-Virus etc and if they let port 29,000 through is also a good idea.

Also if that does not help you please list the following fields from a DXDIAG:
    System Tab - System Information box -
    Operating System :
    Processor :
    Memory :

Display Tab - device box -
    Name:
    Chip Type:
    Approx Total Memory:

Display Tab - driver box -
    Main Driver :
    Version :
    Date:

To open a dxdiag :
    In Vista, type dxdiag in the Start menu search bar
    In other versions of Windows, type dxdiag in the Run command (Start > Run).

Please do not use any symbols other than alphanumerics, commas, and periods.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ary, the OP has no lag issues when playing another char, the lag is reduced to one char only.

I actually had this very same problem when I made my venomancer. On my archer I would not experience lag at all, but when I played my veno I'd have lag all the time - until - I relogged into my archer and the lag was gone.

The weird chara specific lag has at one point vanished but I've heard quite a few other people complain that they're lagging on one char but not on another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuruyami - Lost City
    Kuruyami - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Oh, weird, because I was thinking it might have been my connection, since it logged me out of the server before and when I checked, web pages were loading slowly. And yes, I have already posted my info and resolved the original lag.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sometimes networking issues can be coincidental with what character you are on.

Lag can be many things. Who is sharing your connection, if everyone in your neighborhood is online at the same time 6pm-10pm for every time zone, ISP throttling, router or other network connections and more.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • deboof
    deboof Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ok, I am having major lag issues as well. Here are my system specs:

XP Professional, service pack 2
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 3800+, MMX, 3D Now
    1900 megs of RAM

Nvidia GForce 6100 card, 256mb

Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
    Version: 6.14.0010.8133
    Date: 9-18-2005

I'm nearly positive the lag is not related to my internet connection, or my account, or anything of that nature. I have no idea what a "good" graphics card or system specs look like, so that could be the problem. The issue is that anytime I log into the game on this computer, my character "lags" to the extreme. I can't walk forward because I keep jumping back to the place i started at, and pressing spacebar will simply move me several feet into the air, where I hover indefinitely. Even my right-click view rotation does not work nearly how it should. If anyone knows the problem, I would GREATLY appreciate some help. Please note that I can play perfectly fine on other computers, even if they have a weaker internet connection than this one. =)
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Since you are using a multi-core processor, you may have to change the Affinity settings for the processor to run the game better.

To do this, start the game and then press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the Task Manager. In the processes tab, find elementclient.exe. Right-click on it and choose "Set Affinity," and uncheck one of the cores.

You may have to do this every time you start the game if you cannot set it permanently through any CPU optimizing software that you have installed on your PC. AMD hasan optimization program here: http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/DCO_1.1.4.zip
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• deboof
    deboof Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thank you so much! That was indeed the problem. I had a very similar issue with another game i believe....
This discussion has been closed.