is a wizard or a cleric right for me?

skipii
skipii Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Cleric
so im probably going to be playing the game soon,
and i want to know whether a cleric would be right for me or a wizard.

i know clerics are in high demand for parties, and i like the fact of being able to heal others with ease. but i don't know whether they have offensive spells or are strong enough to wander on their own.

BUT the wizard is a damage dealer [after a few/a lot of levels.] and has a lot of offensive spells.
im just worried that the wizard has little/no healing abilities.

if someone could give me the pros and cons to both that would be extremely appreciated =]

or if there is another thread like this please link me to it*
Post edited by skipii on

Comments

• Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well depends on which scenario you are in, soloing/grinding, a cleric can keep up with a wizard in damage, least until the late 60s. PVP a cleric actually will likely outperform a wizard by far, Due to having the ability to do physical damage with magic attacks, and shorter cast times.

However if you are talking in parties, a cleric will generally be 90% healing. If you plan to do damage prepare to spend 1. 30 minutes explaining to your party that you are an attack cleric, and then another 30 minutes finding a cleric to do the healing that the party was expecting you to do, and 90% of the time you will get booted somewhere in that hour.

Now as for wizards, on their own they grind very well, and yeah they are not healers, they get a total of 1 healing spell... and it's more designed to be an out of combat heal, takes 4 seconds to cast, so short of healing yourself after you killed a mob, or once in a blue moon saving the tank when your cleric can't/won't keep up, it's utility is rather limited.
  • skipii
    skipii Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    thanks for the info
    i think im going to become a cleric =]
    wings are cool =]
    lol
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    Tiament - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you plan to make a cleric and want to be mainly damage,I highly suggest the nuke cleric guide at the top of this forum.
  • Xtonyx - Heavens Tear
    Xtonyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    well a cleric can be either pure attack based, eh healing, a somewhat hybrid good heals good dmg (which i use and enjoy fully), or pure heal not so great damage, and there's even a choice of a light armor to be used. (look at the cleric rundowns on the forum for great guides and builds) a wizard is the groups pure damage from afar, in pvp and pve alike. Healing wont matter on yourself if your a wizard you must kite, and will have to get used to it. Wizards do get a heal u can use on yourself which will give u full health down the road. But if you kite healing wont be too much of a problem, and theres always pots :D. hope that helped
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~sig by Saitada, a total badass b:laugh