Stop the hair from going through the characters bodies.

rild
rild Posts: 45 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Suggestion Box
I noticed on my character that has long hair that when I run or fight(Or most actions really), their hair goes through their body and can't be seen unless standing still.

Just thinking this should be fixed if it can be fixed.
Post edited by rild on

Comments

• bronza
    bronza Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    rild they got bigger fish to fry

yes little things like that will make it look prettier but from my computer animation experience I can tell you this. It's more hassel then its worth. In general hair in computer animation is the devil. it's hard to make it look and "feel" like hair and not like a plastic wig with dangling pieces. Each strand of hair in reality is its own object but to do that on the computer would mean retardly file sizes and the game wouldn't really play. Most just texture an object with hair and leave it at that, otherwise for movies they might make a couple "strands" but mostly just make dangling clumps of hair (Cloud in Advent Children).

Every day it improves and people figure out new tricks and stuff for hair. But I tell you with experience its a pain and to make something run smooth with a small file size over the internet, things like this at times gotta go to the wayside. Cause unless you can guarentee that everyone is going to have the same computer in every aspect the planning for some thing like that to work and look passable is a pain everyone has different graphics cards, ram amount, processors, ect. Things like the PS3 where every system is built the same you know pretty much everyone has the same equipment, unless it's modded or something like that.
  • rild
    rild Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    bronza wrote: »
    rild they got bigger fish to fry

yes little things like that will make it look prettier but from my computer animation experience I can tell you this. It's more hassel then its worth. In general hair in computer animation is the devil. it's hard to make it look and "feel" like hair and not like a plastic wig with dangling pieces. Each strand of hair in reality is its own object but to do that on the computer would mean retardly file sizes and the game wouldn't really play. Most just texture an object with hair and leave it at that, otherwise for movies they might make a couple "strands" but mostly just make dangling clumps of hair (Cloud in Advent Children).

Every day it improves and people figure out new tricks and stuff for hair. But I tell you with experience its a pain and to make something run smooth with a small file size over the internet, things like this at times gotta go to the wayside. Cause unless you can guarentee that everyone is going to have the same computer in every aspect the planning for some thing like that to work and look passable is a pain everyone has different graphics cards, ram amount, processors, ect. Things like the PS3 where every system is built the same you know pretty much everyone has the same equipment, unless it's modded or something like that.

Yeah I know they got bigger fish to fry. I was just mentioning the problem to make it known.
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    One of the big problems is that alot of the armors have different shapes so they would have to have different hair to compensate for the different shapes of armor. All that work just to make hair look right isn't a big priority like it was mentioned above. My archer has the same problem with the armor I have on right now. I do some 3d modeling and stuff like that and I do notice it myself and find it an annoyance but at the same time I can understand that some things just have to be heh.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    We notice these things too, but like what has been mentioned, some things can not be changed or implemented, as it takes a lot of resources and time.

The sheer amount of gear in this game amazes me. Trying to get it all fitted on the character types and custom sizes was probably not fun to do. With so many possible configs, it would be insanely time consuming to custom fit for each and every possibility, especially when creating new content for the players.

My 4 cents b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera