Endless Cat Merchants

2»

Comments

• Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    They do, if you're a guy you get a orange cat. b:laugh b:victory

...b:shocked

I didn't notice the color difference in west district *facepalm*.

Anyways, it would probably have to be a cash shop item for the devs to bother putting in different animals for your shop.

Fixing the AH would be nice as well though... at least you can sell dragon quest items here in the auctions.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It would be nice if everything was Auction House.

And to those having difficulties learning the ins and outs regarding the filter its not that bad, after a while you'll get the hang of it.

The AH does need a fee otherwise you'll just get someone buying up all of one particular item and simply relisting again at a higher price.

And one last thing there are still ridiculous prices in the AH but one things for sure it's certainly easier to compare prices.
    I like pie
  • necro999
    necro999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I prefer Cat Shops and , in regard to West district, i don't look at any Cat Shops outside a certain perimeter of the crossroads. My viewing circle goes from Teleporter to Crazy Stone quest entrance to Jewelcraftmen to entrance of Auction House section. For what ever reason that has become the shop market district and it works good. I can zip through and check all the shops in about 5 to 10 minutes once or twice a day and get a good idea for what to buy and sell items at. If you have a good computer and good connection you will not lag running through west district.

The auction house is good idea too but i will not sell things in it anymore due to fee. I do also check those prices daily as well. The prices in auction house are no better than those in shops and most the stuff i see is low level ****, with a few specialty items. Auction House is good for specialty gear and equipment only IMO. How is it going to be good for selling mats and DQ when different player want varying amounts. Some guy may want just 4 grease and 2 dull claw. How is auction going to help him?

In the end its just more convenient for me to throw up a stand after I'm done grinding and sell items i acquired and list a price for items i need and will buy. I personally don't see how you can play this game without putting up a shop. And i especially like the fact the you can list items you will buy and the price you willing to pay. The last MMORPG i played didn't have that option. It's great and gives you leverage against people who try to overprice and drive up market prices. Now i can put price i value it at, and slowly the materials trickle in and i don't have to search and search and search for a bargain.
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    Blakiepoo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think the reason why we have so many cat shops are because a feature from the Malaysian version wasn't implemented here, where you could combine mats to create higher-level mats. Like 9 cotton thread = 1 silk thread. Seeing as it already exists in other countries, maybe that's a logistically possible feature to add to our unbalanced version.