Leveling Guide!

Fireshot - Sanctuary
Fireshot - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
Okay if you misunderstood,this is not a leveling guide.I'm actually asking for one.So if you could post a guide on here or if you could refer me to a post or a site that would help thanks.I'm a human wizard,and if you could please post maps that would help and the guide would be great!If it goes to level 30 so i can fly lol.Thanks in advance!b:laughb:victory
Post edited by Fireshot - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Moriki - Lost City
    Moriki - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I would just recommend doing every quest. Use the 'Find Quest' button in the Quest menu. By doing those, you'll be 30 in no time =).
  • Silberklaue - Heavens Tear
    Silberklaue - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    search the forum. there are already quest guides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Need help catching the Snow Hare (not to sell it -.-)? pm me! :)
  • EdwardElrich - Heavens Tear
    EdwardElrich - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The exp rate in this game is the worst I have EVER come acrossb:cry. Thankfully, the quests more then make up for it. I got to lvl 9 in a few hours with a new cleric simply by doing quests (Although I'm used to getting to lvl 30 within 6 hours in other games). The rewards besides exp are also very valuable. You won't even have to worry about buying equips if you do the quests for lvl. They give you special items.

So the main lvling method for this game is questing. In fact, it's the only way to get past lvl 20+ as it takes a couple hundred mob kills to lvl up at just lvl 7!b:angry

So until they increase the exp rate (if they ever do) just quest.
  • envymeplz
    envymeplz Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Okay if you misunderstood,this is not a leveling guide.I'm a noob for actually asking for one actually asking for one.So if you could post a guide on here that doesent exist or if you could refer me to a post or a site that would help thanks.I'm a human wizard and I suck at it,and if you could please post maps that would suck so bad because noobs suck so bad help and the guide would be great!If it goes to level 30 so i can fly lol.Thanks in advance!
    Noob I am a eskjfnjsbj644 noob hahahahah!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!!b:dirtyb:pleasedb:laugh
  • envymeplz
    envymeplz Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    envymeplz wrote: »
    Noob I am a eskjfnjsbj644 noob hahahahah!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!!b:dirtyb:pleasedb:laugh
    Buddha u da devil
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes, do quests. For the most part the quests are easy to find; also whenever you pass through an area keep an eye out for orange dots on your minimap. Those are NPCs with quests to give.

As for grinding, it's not nearly as bad as Edward makes it sound, especially if you can find a few friends. Since many of the quests are grind-based anyway, you really don't notice.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    how am i supposed to lvl at lvl 42? the quests only bring me up to 20%, plus the crazy stone that brings me up to 40%. if i did the BH that would bring me up to 80% but it is hard to find a BH squad for a specific lvl. they come randomly. so what i am left to do is solo in the sky, which gives me the best exp but i keep dying!b:shocked and if i do manage to solo successfully it gives me 10% per hour ugh i guess in this game they dont do the tank method in a squad on regular map mobs. which in a way its good because you dont have to stand around waiting for a party for 2 hours only for that party to dismantle within ten minutes. maybe what i will have to do is raise alot of money and then keep buying the oracles. and then when i become a high lvl i will have a wider selection with the BH's i can do and i will lvl up fast.
  • Koltrast - Sanctuary
    Koltrast - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    how am i supposed to lvl at lvl 42? the quests only bring me up to 20%, plus the crazy stone that brings me up to 40%.
    maybe what i will have to do is raise alot of money and then keep buying the oracles. and then when i become a high lvl i will have a wider selection with the BH's i can do and i will lvl up fast.

You won't get a wider selection of BH's at a higher level. You'll get the same one or two as everyone else, but you'll be higher level and with little to no idea how to actually effectively play your class if you got there off oracles.

Grinding is a great way to level, especially in the 40's. It's how we did it before BH, it's how some of us still do. It's how you make steady money too. If you won't grind now, you're looking at spending millions and millions of coin when you get higher to keep on levelling at all. My quests if I'm lucky get me to 4-5% of a level, and a BH, WQ or CS is only worth about that too.

As for BH, it's crazy easy to get a squad, since everyone else from 40-49 has the exact same BH task as you do, and that situation won't change when you're higher levelled. Just hang out in the middle of Arch and join a pick up squad, like everyone else does.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol.. welcome to the thing they call grinding.
    actually, I've been farming since 45 after finishing my quests - sinking xp into my genie the whole time to keep it leveled up with me, and I'm 66% into level 47 without having done a single one of those quests yet. I need the mats for manufacturing my BS stuff I'll need for the level 50 quest to get to BS level 4, and I'm out of mats already. So the way I look at it is, farming is an unwritten quest. I have a goal to shoot for - x amount of x material from x and y mobs, then move onto y z a and b mats, go try again. etc etc etc. it may not be "fun" or fast, but it earns you money, sp, and xp, from grinding, and better chance at rarer drops - not to mention saving coin on buying the mats or manufactured items. in short - grinding is really your friend if you want to grow up to be big and strong.

just wait till you hit 60 and start getting only 2 quest per level and have to grind 90 percent of the level away.b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wow Baalbak, thats exactly what I do except for the fact that I am doing it for the SP since i completed the BS and Tailor equips around lvl42.

Although the BH and CS quests give you a lot of EXP, they dont really give that much in terms of SP compared to what you get from grinding. Also I prefer doing the one man army quests for increasing the rep while getting the SP and mats.
  • p0pit
    p0pit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    NICE! b:victory b:thanks b:laugh b:cute
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Level 1-20: Quest
    Level 21-40: Quest
    Level 41-60: Quest
    Level 61-70: Quest
    Level 70+: Quest, then grind. ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Magic hamster Agrees. Quest every day and do your daily quests.
    b:victory
    This game is easy to level lols.
    exp rate is decent/excellent. your just not killing fast enough. b:chuckle
    Later on try getting into a rebirth or so.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Good musis really helps as you mindlessly smash the same 2 keys for hours on end.

If you do not have good, music, join a faction that hosts a Karaoke room on their vent of TS servers. It more than makes up for the boredom of the grind.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Actually, you're gonna start grinding around the low 60s unless you can find a Zhen squad or do CS/BH EVERY SINGLE DAY. Doing the CS wasn't much of a prob for me, but running thru the same dungeon, day in, day out, drove me nuts, and made me take a break from the game for a while.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Bounty hunt. Bounty bounty bounty.
    Do your bounty hunt with people who need it, by the time you've finished more guildmates will be on wanting help with theirs, run that too (no bounty bonus, but still reasonable XP and a lot more fun than grinding)
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    doesnt the CS cost quite a bit of coins as you become a higher lvl? so what i do is grind->CS->BH->quest
  • BentMoon - Dreamweaver
    BentMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Leveling is the only hard thing I encountered...everything else I get. I want to get to 40 at least im only 12.
  • monello2312312
    monello2312312 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey,
    Im lvl44 and i would like to ask if any1 knows any guide for fast leveling until lvl50-60.

Thanks in advanceb:pleased
  • Janda - Dreamweaver
    Janda - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    urgh i remember the 40s, god i hated them i havent been playing for a motnth now but the 40s are the suckiest lvls in the whole game! i just hate them urgh!

i guess for barbs its best after lvl 60 cuz we rock XD!!
  • Janda - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

this is completly untrue, i ran out of quests at lvl 37, you have to grind from there, eventually at lvl 50 u get a whole bunch of quests, i got like 20 not completed yet, hurray !
  • Buknoybobo - Sanctuary
    Buknoybobo - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this game is pretty easy to lvl at lvl 1-30.i got to lvl 20 in one dayb:victory
    the only thing you need to do is your quest and grind.
    also pick up the loots.if you pick up all the loots you see from lvl 1 to 20,you could get around 15 or 20k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SUPAH TINEH SUPAH SLAM!!!b:angry
    my keyboard is broken so if there are any wrong spellings then just try to understad them
  • Janda - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    this game is pretty easy to lvl at lvl 1-30.i got to lvl 20 in one dayb:victory
    the only thing you need to do is your quest and grind.
    also pick up the loots.if you pick up all the loots you see from lvl 1 to 20,you could get around 15 or 20k

are u kidding me?? if u pick up all ur loots from lvl 1-20 u could make like 100k, when i was an archer till i got to lvl 20 i made 120k
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this is completly untrue, i ran out of quests at lvl 37, you have to grind from there, eventually at lvl 50 u get a whole bunch of quests, i got like 20 not completed yet, hurray !
    The problem isn't that you can get quests, it's that the majority of quests (later on at least) won't give you nearly enough XP to actually level.

This is especially true in the 60s when many of the quests only give 20k-30k xp, which sounds like a lot until you realise it's only about 2% of your XP total and you have to kill 70+ strong mobs to earn it. The XP from these instances comes from the monster kills, not the actual quest reward. It's still grinding, even if its with a purpose.

Quests like Crazy Stone and Bounty Hunter do offer huge rewards, and there are some good 'Hero' quests which offer high rewards if you can get together a team capable of deafeating strong bosses.

It is a grind and no mistake, but it will all pay off in the end when you're rewarded with your coveted level ups b:cute
  • S/
ctum - Sanctuary
    S/ ctum - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oracles are your friends. Then again, not everyone can afford them.

If you can't and you run out of quests, just grind. Trust me, it doesn't take as long as you might think. I've gotten easily 50% off a mob 2 levels higher than me after only a few hours.

Like everyone else has said, grinding is the true nature of the beast, so to speak. You're playing a game that deals with killing monsters, so you can expect to have to...kill monsters. Quests and Oracles just add a little bonus. :) It's really all the same thing.
  • Foxyhello - Lost City
    Foxyhello - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    NEVER feed genie with your exp when you do quests your genie wins a certain porcentage of exp your genie will lvl by it self so dont worry about your genie if you reach level 40(for example)your genie will lvl with 1 or 2 quests(if genie is alot weaker than you).
    So dont worry about your genie and focus on lvl.b:victory
    P.S.:When you reach level 30 do Crazy stone and at lvl 40 do Bonty hunter.
    Hope this helps.b:bye
  • GreenBean - Raging Tide
    GreenBean - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okay if you misunderstood,this is not a leveling guide.I'm actually asking for one.So if you could post a guide on here or if you could refer me to a post or a site that would help thanks.I'm a human wizard,and if you could please post maps that would help and the guide would be great!If it goes to level 30 so i can fly lol.Thanks in advance!b:laughb:victory

My Guide in leveling faster is up :) please read it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Still Leveling for my epic goal to become MOAR tastier!!
  • currs
    currs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I find it hard to lvl cuz I have low hp and stuff and all my quests are kill lvl 32 and stuff and I am only lvl 26 b:irritated
  • braddude97
    braddude97 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I agree with moriki do every day quests i started a new character 4 days ago and yesterday i got him to lvl 20 so just do the quests with the most experiance and money and you will be my lvl in no time ......... if you are my lvl keep doing them!b:bye
This discussion has been closed.