Complaint

Matadora - Heavens Tear
Matadora - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
OK, I want to complain,

I learnt how to change colour in chat ON THIS FORUM, and was doing it in WC for DAYS, yet suddenly i get accused of manipulating hex codes by a GM and banned from chat for 30 mins, no questions asked, no warning.

I dont even know what a hex code is!

But if you are going to ban people for stuff, make sure they dont learn it on YOUR forum, its not exactly fair...

Julz x b:angry
Post edited by Matadora - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bestwiz - Heavens Tear
    Bestwiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    OK, I want to complain,

I learnt how to change colour in chat ON THIS FORUM, and was doing it in WC for DAYS, yet suddenly i get accused of manipulating hex codes by a GM and banned from chat for 30 mins, no questions asked, no warning.

I dont even know what a hex code is!

But if you are going to ban people for stuff, make sure they dont learn it on YOUR forum, its not exactly fair...

Julz x b:angry

in every single mmo i played ur not allowed to use codes on chat. Its an offensive action and can be banned. Ur not suppose to change the color anyways and why wud u use it in wc? may be using someties on guild or normal chat mite be ok but u still shudnt. and the hex code iis the code used to change the color i guess. Also the code wasnt posted by a gm, was posted by a player.
    Dont MEss with me I'm da Best
    b:laughb:chuckleb:victoryb:angryb:byeb:cute
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If it doesn't look like an option provided by the game for all users to use, always be skeptical about using it.
    That's all I can say. Consider it lesson learned I guess. I've learned that the hard way in other mmorpgs.
    Colour codes for text ingame is usually (although there are exceptions) not wanted.
  • Matadora - Heavens Tear
    Matadora - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    but thats just silly, i mean i would understand if it were used to impersonate a system message or something, but just for fun??
    i typed the word HEARTLESS (my faction) in 3 different colours... thats it >.<
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    uhm hello, wellcome to PWI. If it doesnt make 110% sense without putting 5 seconds of thought into it.. BAN IT!!!