whats with the pathing

savine
savine Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
i started playing today but i find it hard to do anything because my toon keeps getting pulled back when i try to move any were. ive tryed lowering my 3d graphic options it minimal but doesnt help
im confused to say the least
Post edited by savine on

Comments

• Kamili - Sanctuary
    Kamili - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Assuming it's not lag; Are you are clicking on something between your camera position and your character? I often run back in Archo as buildings and arches fade out when close to the camera, the mouse click will be on the closest surface. If this is the problem then use the keyboard to get around in areas with lots of obstacles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    If you are using a multi-core processor, you may have to change the Affinity settings for the processor to run the
    game better.

To do this, start the game and then press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the Task Manager. In the processes tab, find elementclient.exe. Right-click on it and choose "Set Affinity," and uncheck one of the cores.

You may have to do this every time you start the game if you cannot set it permanently through any CPU optimizing software that you have installed on your PC. If you are using an AMD processor, they have an optimization program here: http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/DCO_1.1.4.zip

Otherwise, you will have to check your CPU's manufacturer to see if they have one available.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

This discussion has been closed.