venos mounting

estelle
estelle Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi, when can i mount on a pet at what lvl and how? cause she run soo soo slow to reach places (eg: archosours)...

also, I think there's a glitch on pet npc, cause it keep saying i need a quest to do but i already did it and it still say i didn't.. nothing in quest log at all..

thx in advanc.e
Post edited by estelle on

Comments

• Moriki - Lost City
    Moriki - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You get a flying mount at level 30. For Venos it's a flying manta ^_^

There are also riding mounts (Jaguar, Polar bear, etc.) which are available via cash shop or purchasable from other players. Depending on which mount you have, the level requirement changes. The lowest riding mount has a level req. of 20. The highest (as of now in PWI) is 60. They're quite pricey though! So start saving now.
  • Anaouijia - Sanctuary
    Anaouijia - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    so you get a flying manta automaticly at lvl 30?? or do you have to buy it??
  • Moriki - Lost City
    Moriki - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There is a quest you get from the Archosaur Elder. He'll send you to the Broken Bridge Recluse guy. Give the Recluse 5 Dull Claws, and he'll give you your flying mount =)
  • Anaouijia - Sanctuary
    Anaouijia - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There is a quest you get from the Archosaur Elder. He'll send you to the Broken Bridge Recluse guy. Give the Recluse 5 Dull Claws, and he'll give you your flying mount =)

cool.. im close! cant wait..
  • Twal - Sanctuary
    Twal - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Is there a choice on which kind of Manta u receive?
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Is there a choice on which kind of Manta u receive?

No the one from the quest gives always the same manta. If you really want a different one it will have to be from the boutique though other players may sell it at times.
  • cadee
    cadee Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Noob and I am reviving this thread since this seems to be the place my question fits...

The Riding Wolf (from the area around the Broken Bridge village), can be tamed, can it also be ridden? If so is that at level 20 as well?
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    cadee wrote: »
    Noob and I am reviving this thread since this seems to be the place my question fits...

The Riding Wolf (from the area around the Broken Bridge village), can be tamed, can it also be ridden? If so is that at level 20 as well?

There are no tamable mounts in the game currently. As for the future.... doubtful but I guess maybe.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just to add on here.

The Mount you get after the quest at lvl 30 is the Wave Pacer and it goes at +0.5 M/S which means it is really slow and it cannot be upgraded. (No sense buying a Wave Pacer because you get it free with the quest)

You can buy other Flying Mounts with faster speed from the Botique or players only and can upgrade the speed of Botique mounts with a lot of Wind Widgets up to +3 M/S.

You can also buy various ground mounts (Horses in-game from NPC's which are kind of eh...) from Players or the Botique and make some of them faster however you cannot get a land mount by taming it from a monster at all. So you must buy it from someone no matter what. However, if you are a Veno be aware that a land mount will eat your pet food and take up a spot in your pet bag whilest an air mount will do neither.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    (No sense buying a Wave Pacer because you get it free with the quest)

Well, it's not so simple as that. The quest requires you to turn in 5 dull claws. If instead of doing the quest, you sold the dull claws on a cat shop, you'd easily be able to get 4k-5k each. So doing the quest costs you 20k-25k.

There's an NPC that sells the wave pacers for 20k, which being at the lower end of the above range arguably makes it a better deal than doing the quest. And it saves you some time versus having to go a couple minute's run from Broken Bridge Village.

I'd do the quest though just to get it out of my quest log.