Does this game get funner as you level?

Options
Raziall - Sanctuary
Raziall - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Because right now I'm just stuck in the teens and it's so boring to me, it's unplayable.. seems really repetitive too..is it?
Post edited by Raziall - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    yah later on you have to jump on sharks that shoot laser beams to pass quests and level up or else itll make your computer explode.
    seriously ever play a mmorpg before?
    have you found quests/quest finder?
    have you learned any skills?
  • Raziall - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Far from my first mmorpg, got all of the skills I can, and yeah, I'm dead out of quests
    So, guessing the answer to the question is no?
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    unless you die quite alot you should not have to grind until you get to level 40, there is more then enough quests to get you through the levels
    after level 40 it can get repeditive and boring if all you do is grind... so you do crazy stone, help people/guildmates and in general find other things besides leveling to do and you will get there soon enough. not everyone has to be in a rush to get to max level :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raziall - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    unless you die quite alot you should not have to grind until you get to level 40, there is more then enough quests to get you through the levels
    after level 40 it can get repeditive and boring if all you do is grind... so you do crazy stone, help people/guildmates and in general find other things besides leveling to do and you will get there soon enough. not everyone has to be in a rush to get to max level :)

↑ Lie, I'm having to grind now, haven't died yet, and I've scavenged the map for quests my levels, they're all dried up, I only get 1-2 quests each level, and the repeatables don't give me any exp
  • Zezixx - Lost City
    Zezixx - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Press find quest in your quest menu...
    Don't call me stupid because I'm less smart than you won't ever be.
  • Raziall - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ok, still doesn't change the fact that I haven't even got a legitimate answer to my question

Even if I had all the quests I would ever need, they're very boring and repetitive in this game(level, at least)
  • Klystar - Heavens Tear
    Klystar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Because right now I'm just stuck in the teens and it's it's so boring to me, it's unplayable.. seems really repetitive too..is it?

If you think the game is boring and unplayable when you are in the teens; then I would have to say that maybe you should look for another game. I am only lvl35 and I have not had to do a "grindfest" (other than the quests that require me to kill "X" number of mobs or collect "X" number of items) in order to level.

I am not knocking your post or anything, but from what I have read here in the forums and heard in game chat, you will have a lot of repetitive quests the higher level you go.

Also, like Zezixx said, use the "find quest" button in your quests menu. There should be a ton of quests to do when you are in the teens.

Do I find the game more fun than when I first started? The answer to that would have to be no, but that answer would be true of any game played. When you first start, everything is new and you have the exciting task of "learning" the game. As time goes on, the "newness" wears off.

I think a better question is "Do you find the game as fun as it was when you first started"? The answer to that question is yes. I still enjoy playing PWI. I will revisit that question every 10 or so levels and if the answer is ever No, then it will be time to find another "new and exciting" game.

I hope this is a legitimate enough of an answer for ya.
  • Zezixx - Lost City
    Zezixx - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Also, any game you will ever play in your life will be repetative.

Sorry, I meant any MMORPG you play will be. Quests will go on the same way as they always have, talk to bob, kill 30 chickens for bob, report back to bob, bob gives you exp and money. That is always how MMORPGS have been and will be.

The only thing that never gets old in any game is PvP b:angry

I don't play this game because I simply love questing, I actually hate questing with a passion, but it has to be done in order to level up and have fun with the prime of the game, PK.

I hope this helped aswell. Sorry about the short response earlier, I was on the phone.
    Don't call me stupid because I'm less smart than you won't ever be.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    No, games and MMORPG's don't have to be a grindfest.

Raziall, at higher level the speed at which characters level up slows down and most quests consist of the same type of grind you know now.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ↑ Lie, I'm having to grind now, haven't died yet, and I've scavenged the map for quests my levels, they're all dried up, I only get 1-2 quests each level, and the repeatables don't give me any exp

She's most certainly not lying. I made 5 characters above Level 20 in PW, 2 of them started in the same area as you, and other than not properly using the "Find Quest" button, the only explanation for running out of quests at this level is if you let a much higher level person "powerquest" you and thus didn't get much XP from killing. You do actually need the XP from kills to get to the next levels where you will get new quests etc.

You can get quite comfortably to Level 50 and beyond if you do all the quests/FBs, so might want to stop blaming the game, because that's not where the problem is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    lvl 52 Right now.Not once Have I had the need to really "grind". Hitting the find quests buttons,doing the dragon quests,the daily stone quests etc it leveled me up without the need of any questless grind.To be honest that saddens me as I used to play a hardcore korean grindfest game called Silkroad Online.In another way I love it..grinding is kept to a huge minimum,I get to enjoy the grinding part of the game after 60+(I hope)
  • Moriki - Lost City
    Moriki - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    More fun*

And I think it does. Sure, you'll have the drawn-out grindfests here and there, but the PvP element in this game makes it well worth it. Plus, the community (However competitive ~_^) is really awesome.
  • tonjulu
    tonjulu Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    only been on this a cpl of days my self ,, already its not much fun just leveling ,, however ,, this game is meant to played with other people not alone , thats where it differs from a game you play alone on your pc or console.

looking forward to being higher level so i can join with my friends from other races and classes who also joined, after all the best team is a good mixture
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Spare us the explanation, and quit.
    If you find it boring now, chances are you're going to tell yourself this games only going to get more boring as it continues. Self-fulfilling prophecy my friend, you're just going to hate this game more. So save us the trouble of listening to you continue to hate this game and find another game.

I don't think mmorpgs are for you.
    Personally I didn't even need to grind until level 48.
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    In a way I agree Jrudura,it can become a self-fulling prophecy.Seeying as he is still in his 1X lvls I think there's also another possibility.
    My first character I created was an archer,I got so bored of his skills(I used to play xbow in silkroad online) that I just thought the whole game was boring and pointless.

But then...I rolled a venomancer,without knowing anything about it except that it had pets I chose it because it seemed fun to play.And so the game became fun also a self-fullfilling prophecy but I changed it with a different character.The quests I so hated in the start became those I loved later on.The grind however is still to a minimum and that is with quests not questless grinding,this game easily takes the cake for smooth leveling.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

Not a lie I didn't grind ONCE until I hit lvl60 something. And even then, the only reason I used grinding to level up was because I could zhen at that point. I still had PLENTY of quests to do at those levels and even now at lvl72 I have about 12 quests and a few others I haven't grabbed yet.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Most quests are the same type of kill X of the same beast, they're grind quests. The game is a grindfest, no point in denying that. PvP and cooperative play are the fun parts of the game.
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    im lvl 35 cleric and my quests are enough for 50% exp, rest i need to grind.
    I click quest finder but notihing happen it means that there is no quests until next lvl.After 32 lvl i only got 2 quests per lvl and thats not enough.I finished 97% of quests in 1-30 lvl
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I honestly have no clue how anyone is running out of quests so early. I'm currently lvl 38, with still 8 quests i'm working on now, and haven't grinded once. I passed up dozens of quests before i even got to lvl 30, and as of 30 i pick up every quest per level and just do them. Throw in the crazy stones once a day and thats 1/3 of the xp i need to lvl right there alone. Maybe i'm just lucky b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I actually get annoyed that I level too quickly. There's a dry spot just before your 20s where you may run out of quests (one of my characters did). But once you hit your 20s, you will have so many quests available that you'll consistently have 2-5 levels of backlogged quests. I actually killed myself a few times to lose exp because I got tired of e.g. getting a bunch of new L35 quests when I was still working on the L30 quests.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I actually get annoyed that I level too quickly. There's a dry spot just before your 20s where you may run out of quests (one of my characters did). But once you hit your 20s, you will have so many quests available that you'll consistently have 2-5 levels of backlogged quests. I actually killed myself a few times to lose exp because I got tired of e.g. getting a bunch of new L35 quests when I was still working on the L30 quests.

Ooh, you're gonna regret that later.

Quests start drying up in your 40s. You're gonna wish for a backlog once you're all out of quests for your level.

Thank god for Ho(u) Jehnsi.. she makes me wear a collar, and then rides me like a dog every day.. but it's worth it.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • denesis
    edited January 2009
    Options
    http://www.1perfectworld.com/quests_in/index.php/Quests/Level31To40
    go to this link its quest for lvl 31-40 and look at 35lvl quest these quests give me only 25 000 exp and with crazy stone thats 45 000 and i need to get
    90 000 exp to lvl up and on later levels there are more quests but they give little exp which is not enough for lvl up.I need to grind so early.
  • denesis
    edited January 2009
    Options
    For solandri how he have a bunch of qusts look at link i posted
  • denesis
    edited January 2009
    Options
    That quests that you pick earlier and you lvl up and didnt finished them give you even less exp.I need new quests that give me 20 000 exp not 5000,
    6000 or even 7000. thats little
  • XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ok, still doesn't change the fact that I haven't even got a legitimate answer to my question

Even if I had all the quests I would ever need, they're very boring and repetitive in this game(level, at least)

I have only played one other MMO and that was Star Wars (not sure if I can say that by the rules of the Forums) but it was boring during leveling until I maxed out my character. Thank God I had macros for my engineering so it could go on Auto building pilot. It was boring grinding and grinding and doing quests but I find with all MMO I am sure is that it is all about the social part of it that makes it fun. I get bored yes doing most quest but when I am with a buddy or atleast chatting with them (i try not to squad since I am a EXP hound...lol) it makes things more enjoyable.

So, as to your question the majority of quests are repetitive but the social part of the game is great :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    fuzzles wrote: »

Quests start drying up in your 40s. You're gonna wish for a backlog once you're all out of quests for your level.

Personally, I have been having problems with outleveling my quests. (And not just things like Jewelscalen and Luminoc Architect -- I lose track of where I need to go because I often have 18 quests active, and sometimes I struggle to keep those last two quests empty.)

I did have a slow spot in my 40s, but that was because I needed to find some quests that did not show when I used my "Find Quest".
  • denesis
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Personally, I have been having problems with outleveling my quests. (And not just things like Jewelscalen and Luminoc Architect -- I lose track of where I need to go because I often have 18 quests active, and sometimes I struggle to keep those last two quests empty.)

I did have a slow spot in my 40s, but that was because I needed to find some quests that did not show when I used my "Find Quest".

Thats impossible go at link i posted and see that 18 quests you have
    could you find it i dont think so.Where that 18 quests come from
    edited January 2009
    Options
    fuzzles wrote: »

I'm 41 now and still working on 35-39 quests. In fact, last night I finished off a L29 quest that had gotten lost in the mix. This is my "learning how to play the game" character so I've picked up a lot of extraneous exp exploring, trying new things, farming, and running all sorts of tests. Right now I'm leveling up a bunch of different pets to try to figure out how their growth rates differ. I'm ok with losing some exp to keep my quests in order.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    denesis wrote: »
    http://www.1perfectworld.com/quests_in/index.php/Quests/Level31To40
    go to this link its quest for lvl 31-40 and look at 35lvl quest these quests give me only 25 000 exp and with crazy stone thats 45 000 and i need to get
    90 000 exp to lvl up and on later levels there are more quests but they give little exp which is not enough for lvl up.I need to grind so early.

A lot of the later quests are "kill 35 of mob X" or "collect 15 items from mob Y" type quests. The latter are particularly insidious since the drop rate may be so low that you need to kill 50-100 of the things to get the items. So although the quests themselves do not give much exp relative to your level, killing the mobs gives you plenty of exp. On a couple of quests, the mobs alone gave me enough exp to level. I suppose if you consistently group with higher levels you might not get as much mob exp.
  • bunnyhunny
    bunnyhunny Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    boring? go play Rappelz. Where the quests give you about 1% xp, are next to useless, they stop at lvl 80 and the lvl cap is 170. And you might get a equip to drop once a level..MAYBE. Grindfest to the max!
    This game is pretty fun with the quests and how fast you lvl. Where i am at now, its only 1 or 2 quests a lvl.. but even the grinding goes by fast.