My direct download stops at 83% and says unable to connect!!! HELP

peprmnt
peprmnt Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
Ok so when ever i start the direct download im an hour and a halfish into it and then at 83% it says
"unable to connect to server" and stops downloading and i click resume again and again but i never does for more than 1 secondb :shocked !! and I dont understand the part downloads. please help i wanna play sooo bad...b:cry / b:angry
i feel sick >_< b:bye
Post edited by peprmnt on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It sounds like you've got a connectivity issue. uTorrent (or other robust torrent clients) will be able to deal with that problem. It's usually minor, and Ryuuzaki has a good guide on the matter, and his Alternative Method for Corrupt Files using Direct Download (with a quick tweak for the changes to the installer) may be able to save you a remarkable amount of time :
    If you used the Direct Download method, rename the zip file you already downloaded to "Perfect World International.exe" (i.e. remove the underscores). [ From the My Documents/Downloads folder ]

Download a bit torrent program, such as uTorrent.
    Download the torrent controller and open it with your torrent program.

You should then be asked where y ou want to save the file. Browse to the directory where the original Perfect World International.exe file is located, and click OK. The torrent program should then start checking the integrity of the file and correct any corrupted files. You can also right-click on the file in the download area, and select Force Re-check to make extra sure.

kammie has an alternative guide if the above is confusing.
    1. download the torrent
    2. double click it, or just open it with utorrent
    3. LET IT DOWNLOAD FOR LIKE 1 MB ---> this way, utorrent generates the entire file
    4. now close utorrent and the download
    5. copy your corrupted zip file that you have downloaded before to the folder that utorrent created and overwrite that file
    6. open utorrent but do NOT start the download, instead rehash it by right clicking and selecting 'forece recheck' (or something like this, currently do not have bittorrent client installed)
    7. after awhile (about 3 minutes if u have a fast computer) it should say u have near 100% download
    8. continue download
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peprmnt
    edited November 2008
    mk thx :D ill try that
  • peprmnt
    edited November 2008
    also 1 other thing, when ever i click the part 4 game download, It says not found or something,,,, yea. is it just meh or everyone?
  • peprmnt
    edited November 2008
    ok so i took your advice and i did the bit torrent but even when i downloaded on it, it stopped at 83%b:shocked like omg i reallt need help, i think the part download works for me but i dont understand how u extract all parts together, so if i could just get help on that, it'll help a bunch!
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Do you have enough space on your C: drive? Try right-clicking on the file in uTorrent, and clicking Force Recheck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ngascon1
    ngascon1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    im starting to think that there is a bug in the system. this problem is also happening to me... please fix it asap.
This discussion has been closed.