GM help needed with bugged drops

calydor
calydor Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
So, for the past few days my friend Heike, on the Heaven's Tear server, has been complaining that he was getting fewer and fewer drops. I figured it was just a streak of bad luck, and promised it'd get better.

That is, until today. We currently have the same quest (The Perfect Wear, collect 15 Heavenwear Fragments from Tauroc Commanders), and were happily killing said mobs. By the time I'd found 5 fragments, Heike suddenly said from across the table that he thought he was tracking the wrong quest.

How come?

He hadn't gotten a single fragment yet.

Now, as most players here will know, quests where you kill mobs for special drops like this are supposed to give the drop to all players in a team at the same time, and so it's done for every single quest up till now. Just not on this one.

We haven't been too far apart, as we've been focusing on one commander at a time, and since Heike is a BM and I'm a veno, if anyone was to be too far away, it'd be me.

So, what I'd like to know is if a GM could take a look and see if Heike might be bugged somehow, as this sudden inability to do half the quests in the game isn't really all that fun.
Post edited by calydor on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In the case of this quest, only the player who kills the monster gets the drop. Plus the drop rate is really low.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In the case of this quest, only the player who kills the monster gets the drop.

As a veno, you are probably out-damaging your friend... Besides, that quest is renowned for having a low drop rate though so don't worry in that respect. Keep going, you will get it in the end :).
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    this quest is a pain. I help some lower lvl guildies with this. who ever does the most damage will get the drop. As the above poster said drop rate is pretty low. My advise you get atleast one maybe two more quest to kill same mobs in the next few lvl, just wiat for those and then you will be straonger anyway. GL
  • calydor
    calydor Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. Guess a GM won't be needed, but tons of buffs will. Or potions. Lots and lots of potions. *sigh*

Here's a toast to random team mechanics!