Confusion with TW times

Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
Dark_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Our faction has having a little dilema about what time territorial wars is this time. It says 21:03.. but like last time it said 22:00 when we last did it. Is it an error cause of clock changing a while ago? Or is it actually that time. And if so what time is that GMT (last time it was 4am - so is it 5am this time?) and EST (last time it was 11pm - so is it now at midnight?)

Would be most appreciated if this was answered asap, thank you :)
Post edited by Dark_kuma - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    so am I going to a reply? its been a fair few hours...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    its fine this week
    week before the USA hadnt changed DST while rest(most) of world had a week before
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    At least for me, the clock at the bottom of the forums states GMT -8. The Territory War system is currently set to GMT -8. The website frontpage can be... unpredictable, due to how different browsers apply some of the Java commands used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_kuma - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    -8 that makes no sense to be quite honest :/
  • Weng - Heavens Tear
    Weng - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    At least for me, the clock at the bottom of the forums states GMT -8. The Territory War system is currently set to GMT -8. The website frontpage can be... unpredictable, due to how different browsers apply some of the Java commands used.

So does that mean the TW time listed in game is now in PST and not EST anymore?

2300 actually means 11:00PM PST and not 11:00PM EST (8:00PM PST)?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What GMT-8 and UTC-8 mean.
    Weng wrote:
    So does that mean the TW time listed in game is now in PST and not EST anymore?

2300 actually means 11:00PM PST and not 8:00PM EST?
    I'm operating from the numbers , and my observation of Sanctuary server this Thursday. I have not personally tested, and at this point can not personally test, Territory War timing internals, and I'm not sure I can even look at the in-game numbers and time zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    GMT-8 is PST. :3
    b:bye RETIRED
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the TW on Sanctuary Server started definitely 1 hour too early!
    i was confused about the times and asked a person from pacific timezone, how many hours they are behind us.
    answer was 9!
    so 21:00 would have mean 6:00 in my time!
    TW started 5:00 though.
    all 3 big factions had problems to organize their groups well, duo to this...

possibly answer: pacific time had a little rollback of 1 hour last week, i guess the "server"(tech support?) still has no idea about this :D
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The server times ARE all messed up currently, at least on the Sanctuary server.

Daily quest (Crazy stone) NPC gets the quest icon above her head 1 hour before midnight PST, but if you try to complete the quest, you get an error message. This Error message goes away at Midnight, PST.

territory wars were supposed to start at 21:00 PST (The last 3 weeks, TW start times have ALWAYS been 21:00 PST on Saturday, so this is not related to the person who posted above that thinks they were supposed to start EST). The TWs started at 20:00 PST yesterday when the territory map stated they were scheduled to start at 21:00..

The times on the server are messed up by 1 hour. This first was noticable starting 1-2 weeks before the US DST changeover, however it only affected crazy stone at that time.

This week was the first time it affected the TW start time.